No announcement yet.

Since Pacs controversial win over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather is a 2nd tier ATG with a padded record

he didnt fight cotto, marg, sergio martinez- he was terrified of williams who called him out for years

pacquiao never ducked anyone i can think of- and will probably take the sergio martinez fight after mayweather

khan hasn't ducked anyone either- i see khan has prescott on the back burner after he's made his legacy- prescott is a journeyman with a lucky win anyway

pacquiao's natural power is the greatest natural God-given ability
    (up there with)
    Ali's footwork
    liston's 84 inch reach and insane jab power
    Paul williams 82 inch reach (10 inches longer than mayweather)
    Dempsey's power and finishing ability
    Roy jones power in both hands

fedor emilienko's power and ability to adjust in a fight
    crocop's left leg
    anderson silva's ability to dodge a strike
    Last edited by tennishero; 11-23-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
      Since Pac's controversial win, boxingscene has been swept clean of PEDs threads, boy am I glad.
      Pacquiao kicking welterweight ass- "OMG! PEDs cheater!"

Pacquiao struggling with a guy he always had trouble with- "OMG! Overrated hype job!"

boxingscene never fails to amaze me with the hypocrisy of some of its posters

Comment

If he fights an intelligent fight against Mayweather like he just did in the Marquez fight he has no chance. It is better for him to be like "**** it" and stay in there to get hit. He'll get touched more, but he won't be suckered into a boxing match in which he has no chance to win. Basically he has to revert back to the old Manny Pacquiao IMO. Obviously it is easier saying this than in practice.

Comment

so basically at this point, everyone thinks pac loses to b-level prospects now??? HAHA.... wow. i have a problem with these extremist fans who think a close fight equals a hypejob... by doing so, you discredit jmm. simple fact is that styles makes fights.... jmm has enough offense to keep pac in check, and pac's speed keeps jmm backpedaling... its a stalemate until one changes their strategy.

dont get me wrong, although pac plays the humble role pretty well, he got a bit big-headed (endorsements, entourage, post-fight concerts)... so it was nice for him to get slapped back down to earth so he can regain focus again (theres no way in hell he beats floyd being a part-time fighter).

regarding floyd/pac... people need to consider:
          • if floyd fights SUPER defensive, he CAN lose to pac on the cards (in a close "robbery")... ive been saying this since the first negotiations: pac's ONLY chance to beat floyd is to out-hustle floyd and get the judges favor.
          • if floyd stands his ground and is more offensive (like he did with ortiz, where he looked a bit flat-footed and slower), he MIGHT get tagged and pay the price....
          • if pac struggled to open up jmm, one only has to assume he has NO CHANCE with floyd... floyd is one of the stingiest boxers alive, dude will NOT give you an opening to work with.
          • if pac hesitated and gave jmm too much respect, i DEFINITELY see him doing the same for floyd (initially, i thought pac had the balls to assert himself, but after seeing him hit the brakes for jmm, i have to reconsider).

floyd's combination punching to ortiz was beautiful to watch (reminiscent of his lightweight days), but i cant overlook they looked sloppy & slow... maybe its my high standard for floyd. the same high standard that had me unimpressed with pac in his recent DRAW with jmm.

maybe both have lost a step... either way:

COTTO VS MARGS IS GONNA BE A WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
            Pacquiao kicking welterweight ass- "OMG! PEDs cheater!"

Pacquiao struggling with a guy he always had trouble with- "OMG! Overrated hype job!"

boxingscene never fails to amaze me with the hypocrisy of some of its posters
            aint it the truth... i guess pac's steroid induced oversized head isnt an issue anymore....

funny thing is, floyd sr. cant seem to let it go yet.... latest interview had him saying that pac cycled off peds already. HAHAHAHA.

the hypocrisy is hilarious... pac has no history of PED use (shows no evidence of use) and he gets nailed to the cross with some faulty elementary-level accusations.... jmm hires a KNOWN ped/steroid peddler, shows up on fight night BIGGER & MORE MUSCULAR than manny, and nobody says anything.... HILARIOUS.

for the record, i believe pac & jmm are CLEAN. the statement above was to illustrate how funny this crap is.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
              aint it the truth... i guess pac's steroid induced oversized head isnt an issue anymore....

funny thing is, floyd sr. cant seem to let it go yet.... latest interview had him saying that pac cycled off peds already. HAHAHAHA.

the hypocrisy is hilarious... pac has no history of PED use (shows no evidence of use) and he gets nailed to the cross with some faulty elementary-level accusations.... jmm hires a KNOWN ped/steroid peddler, shows up on fight night BIGGER & MORE MUSCULAR than manny, and nobody says anything.... HILARIOUS.

for the record, i believe pac & jmm are CLEAN. the statement above was to illustrate how funny this crap is.
              some floyd fans even claim pacquiao deliberately made the fight controversial to rid himself of these accusations

amazing how their ***** minds work

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post

maybe nobody said anything becaues JMM step up to the plate and said lets BOTH TAKE THE TEST AND PAC TEAM JUST SHUT THERE MOUTH AND NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT JMM USEING PEDS EVER AGINE. your point you were trying to make FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  If he fights an intelligent fight against Mayweather like he just did in the Marquez fight he has no chance. It is better for him to be like "**** it" and stay in there to get hit. He'll get touched more, but he won't be suckered into a boxing match in which he has no chance to win. Basically he has to revert back to the old Manny Pacquiao IMO. Obviously it is easier saying this than in practice.
                  exactly.... nacho called it right, the improved pac is easier than the unpredictable pac....

i think pac's skillset is too much for jmm, but pac CLEARLY fought shook... i think everyone noticed that pac "didnt show up"... but even though he didnt, he still fought a competitive fight with an ATG mexican. if pac asserted himself like he SHOULDVE, i think he could have ended all speculation. but jmm gets all credit for not letting pac get confident.

i think pac did pretty good against jmm regardless, he landed more than what people want to give him credit for.... his footwork was phenomenal... but his crucial mistake was letting jmm initiate exchanges. and his balance was a bit goofy.

i think if pac continued to press the fight (like he was doing), and initiated exchanges EVERY TIME (thus keeping jmm backpedaling), then pac wouldve made a better statement.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianPoster View Post
                    He missed alot against a 38 year old Marquez moving up in weight and we all know that Mayweather has the best defense :

where was mayfeathers awesome defense when victor hoetiz was constantly snapping his head back with powerful flush shots in the fourth round !!!!! vwhere was chicken littles masterfeul defense when ortiz cut the ring off on him and had him pinned up against the roaps and was pounding away (no lex steele) !!!! the worst thing about that is ortiz is a c- fighter and he was able to do that against mayfeather what do you think a super champion like manny will be able to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Marquez is the Ken Norton to Pacquiao Norton in my Opinon beat Ali all 3 times once by decsion and than was robbed 2 times. Other heavywieghts beat the crap of Norton but Norton had Ali's number similar to Marquez on Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X