Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Phoenix, Denver now the most likely options for Margo-Cotto II.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

denver though? why there? i never really heard of them having a large population of either mexican or puerto rican people.

they should have it in chicago man, plenty of both nationalities in this city to support this fight. i'm just saying if it does have to be moved from new york.
    Margarito's boxing license is only recognized in a few states right now, I believe. The other states where he are licensed is Mississippi and Texas, but the venues/arenas were probably already booked or something. That's the only reason why I think these two cities make sense for them. Hope it's NYC tho!!!

Comment

If it's in Denver I am there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

denver though? why there? i never really heard of them having a large population of either mexican or puerto rican people.

they should have it in chicago man, plenty of both nationalities in this city to support this fight. i'm just saying if it does have to be moved from new york.
        There is a lot of Mexicans in Denver and all over Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
          **** is that? **** better happen in NY.
          You are ignorant about the geography of the country that owns your little island?

Comment

BoxingNewsED Tris Dixon
            Hoping he's wrong but a source is saying Margarito is definitely not fighting in New York. We'll find out soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
              If it's in Denver then cotto is going to have some serious stamina issues.
              That is correct, the altitude will hurt Cotto BIG time, more so than Margarito. Margarito has been training at 10K feet altitude, so it will be a huge advantage there.

Denver is 5300+ feet above sea level vs NYC at ~50 feet. That means that in theory there is 100% of the oxygen available vs ~83% at 5300+ feet.

Ref:
              http://www.altitude.org/air_pressure.php

If I remember back to my Army days, based on military physical training guidance it takes ~30 days to acclamatize to 3000+ feet elevation.

It could be very dangerous for Cotto!

Comment

Working...
              X