No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley not hall of fame worthy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Someone needs to go to the video trading block and watch Shane's run at lightweight.
    His run at LW? He looked phenomenal and record wise was amazing...But, resume and opponents faced wise he lacked a lot in the division.

He never faced arguably the best fighter in the division long time ranked contender and fellow title holder in Stevie Johnston.

Comment

Now I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the HOF...But, I do believe people get caught up in how he looked at LW and at his pretty record in the division. And, tend to overrate what he actually accomplished in the division.

Personally IMO he's a deffinetely a HOF'er...The PED's doesn't really reflect anything IMO. I won't hold Roy, Holyfield, nor Toney out of the HOF cuz' of their PED use.

Now whether Mosley is a first ballot HOF'er it depends on who is on the ballot with him.

Comment

well he has the same number of great wins as floyd(2) if only he avoided the dangerous guys like winky, forrest, cotto etc....and fought more b level 1 win wonders he would get in...........

Comment

yes he is.........

Comment

Mosley should NEVER be in HOF cause he cheated his most of his career.

Mosley used EPO, HGH, Steroids against Antonio Margarito.
            Mosley used the same PEDs against Fernando vargas.

Mosley had fake power and is a fraud.

Comment

at lightweight he didn't beat any great fighters and at Welterweight he beat Fernando Vargas and Oscar. big deal.

Comment

The R I N G had em 14th best lw of all time (I think) IMO too high but with that type of recognition he's a first ballot Hof'er not to mention a multi division world champ....

Comment

Shane Mosley's Lightweight resume might be the most overrated reign to the newer fans who didn't see his reign and automatically presume it's impressive.

Go and look at it, what's his best win there? Leija?

He beat like 2 or 3 ranked fighters at the weight.

However, Shane is definitely a HOF'er in my opinion.

2 time Lineal WW Champion.

Lineal Jr Middleweight Champion

3 Weight World Champion.

And a resume worthy of the HOF.

Comment

The hell did Mosley do at LW?

Comment

chris john should be in the hall of fame

Comment

Working...
                      X