No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neiman View Post
    it's easy to say you'd beat a man 80lbs lighter than you.

chad dawson would beat your ass. easy.
    did I mention I was a state wrestling champ?

those 2 stick legs would be flying through the air the moment he takes a step toward me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

LOL @ defensive boxing on the street. that is all.
      LOL any style can fall victim to full fledge aggression at times bro(it's a fight)...I've been in a fair share of fights and I've always been defensive and fortunately I haven't lost one. I'm not the toughest, biggest or fastest guy but I am smart...I know how to side step, take a half step back to keep the distance I want and I definitely know how to move my head/waist and circle away from a guys power hand. Theirs a time for aggression but at my size I have to know when to pick my spots...like a card game...u gotta know when to hold and when to fold!!

Comment

This thread is ******. Faces and bodies are not meant to absord the impact of collisions. Who will take a shot to the face or a shot to the body and try not to make sure it doesn't happen again? In 'real life' people are not just running themselves into a flying fist.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          Its seems you havent done any wrestling or grappling in general.
          Dont really need to. Pulling clothes is pretty much just dirty boxing and happens in every hockey fight.

Comment

those 2 stick legs would be flying through the air the moment he takes a step toward me.
            so now this is just a debate between wrestling vs boxing? how many times has this argument been had? it seems that you're perception on fighting is 100 percent offense or die. you sound like some ufc fanboy. as a matter of fact, go talk that no defense crap to anderson silva and see hwat he says.

Comment

lol. really? what are you doing in a boxing forum making up stories . state wrestling champ that ended up posting on boxingscene to make himself feel better. lmao

Comment

no this is a thread about DEFENSIVE BOXING AND REAL LIFE.

Shoulder rolls. Dipping and diving. ALI Style straight running. DOES NOT WORK IN THE STREETS if you got a shirt on.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                  lol. really? what are you doing in a boxing forum making up stories . state wrestling champ that ended up posting on boxingscene to make himself feel better. lmao
                  I'll post my gold medal later when I get home with a **** YOU BOXINGSCENE next to it.

Comment

Basically you say that you've beaten up some random guy who probably never trained a day in his life and now proclaim that boxing is useless. Having trained in any combat sport will give you an advantage in a fight. Not blinking or flinching when the opponent throws a punch, being able to slip a punch and counter or using footwork can all be important.

Training in MMA, boxing or amateur wrestling will all be negated if the opponent has a gun on their hands and is willing to use it. So it's a pointless argument.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Basically you say that you've beaten up some random guy who probably never trained a day in his life and now proclaim that boxing is useless. Having trained in any combat sport will give you an advantage in a fight. Not blinking or flinching when the opponent throws a punch, being able to slip a punch and counter or using footwork can all be important.

Training in MMA, boxing or amateur wrestling will all be negated if the opponent has a gun on their hands and is willing to use it. So it's a pointless argument.
                      good post. now show me a wrestler owning multiple opponents like that. You can't . Lol. Ill take a boxer vs multiple opponents. A wrestler vs multiple opponents would get stomped on . A new ******* too.

Comment

Working...
                      X