Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Shocks Everyone, Weighs in at 139-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh....I feel inner "Guzfan" coming out again.

I'm already way more excited for this fight than I think I should be, due to age and inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
      he needs to get team pac to claim that the "new and improved" guzman is going to dominate the division....

hell, they made everyone believe that the "new and improved" pac would destroy marquez
      i know...wasn't that shyt so funny? "new and improved".."he now has a right hand"..."his footwork is great"..and my favorite "not even "God can save him"...i still get a kick out of that days later...oh and roach "don't be surprised if he ko's him in one round"...but listen,lets not mention pac here because they'll say it's not about pac it's about guzman,we can make fun of pac when something is written about him again..lol

Comment

he'll look pretty fleshy at 140.... he did at 144....

see how he looks tomorrow...

Comment

Okay now that you got the weight out of the way, please look impressive against your opponent and work your way in the top 10 JWW's.

Fight against Josesito Lopez or Kendoll Holt just to get a B level fighter in there. Then chase fights against either Matthysse, Maidana, or Peterson.

I think Guzman beats them all.

Comment

Wait... so we're talking about the "NEW" Guzman, and are supposed to give him all this credit because he.... *Dramatic Music*.... came in at the CORRECT WEIGHT?

GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Okay now that you got the weight out of the way, please look impressive against your opponent and work your way in the top 10 JWW's.

Fight against Josesito Lopez or Kendoll Holt just to get a B level fighter in there. Then chase fights against either Matthysse, Maidana, or Peterson.

I think Guzman beats them all.
              I do too, he is a damn skilled and awkward fighter.....we still can't say for sure how good he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                Wait... so we're talking about the "NEW" Guzman, and are supposed to give him all this credit because he.... *Dramatic Music*.... came in at the CORRECT WEIGHT?

GTFO.
                It would be no big deal except that the contracted weight was 147 pounds. He just wanted to show that he can now make 140.

I hope he has gotten past his weight problems and can still compete at a high level. That remains to be seen though.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
                  Its tomorrow on ESPN deportes
                  Gracias...pero Viernes igual.

Comment

Where can I catch the fight online?

I don't have ESPN Deportes.

Comment

In his prime and at 122 - 130 lbs., Guzman was very good. Now, at age 35 and fighting at 140 lbs., I wonder. Matched correctly he'll do ok. Matched with the elite, I doubt he'll have the power to keep them off of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X