Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine what people would say about Pernell Whitaker if he fought today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    Wtf? Was Willie Pep African American? I appreciate all styles man, but for me elusiveness, timing, etc. are skills that I appreciate. There is nothing skillful about eating punches, exciting yes skillful nope.
    I meant to say it was a recent title given to AA boxers

Plus you just mean elusiveness. JCC and Barrera have some of the best timing in history but took a whole lotta punches. But I guess they are not boxers because they didn't fight like pernell

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      I meant to say it was a recent title given to AA boxers

Plus you just mean elusiveness. JCC and Barrera have some of the best timing in history but took a whole lotta punches. But I guess they are not boxers because they didn't fight like pernell
      Timing, accuracy, elusiveness, etc. are all qualities that make an excellent boxer. Not all boxers have great defense, case in point JMM.

Comment

Boxing is about whatever boxer can enforce their style/will on the other. Being a better boxer doesn't equal a victory. Just look at what happened with Dawson vs Pascal.
        Thank you for back up the point that I'm making

Comment

Timing, accuracy, elusiveness, etc. are all qualities that make an excellent boxer. Not all boxers have great defense, case in point JMM.
          But JMM gets hit ALOT. And according to you, boxing is hit and not get hit. So how can a guy who gets hit as much as anyone in boxing be a good boxer?

Comment

Thank you for back up the point that I'm making
            And what point was that? You've proven nothing.

Comment

Lol @ this Russian dude gettin salty. He wishes his favorite fighters fought like Pernell

Comment

But JMM gets hit ALOT. And according to you, boxing is hit and not get hit. So how can a guy who gets hit as much as anyone in boxing be a good boxer?
                You can be a good boxer and not have great defense. JMM's timing is impeccable and he's a very accurate counter puncher. He doesn't go into fights looking to brawl and go blow for blow. Furthermore, Marquez is very intelligent and able to make adjustments on the fly. Does he get hit a lot? Yes he does, but he's still a very good boxer, wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Except Pernell was pretty damn aggressive. He fought off the back foot and had excellent defense, but he had a high work rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Sinclair View Post
                    Lol @ this Russian dude gettin salty. He wishes his favorite fighters fought like Pernell
                    I don't know what's so hard to understand about this

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      Except Pernell was pretty damn aggressive. He fought off the back foot and had excellent defense, but he had a high work rate.
                      Exactly, there are many layers to a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X