No announcement yet.

The contradiction of HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    I don't think I get influenced that much. First watch the primetime coverage which I though was Marquez biased.

And then the HBO coverage which was Pacquiao freindly and scored it the same.

Kellerman said throughout the fight that the judges may have it closer than Lederman and they might have Marquez ahead, because it was that close.

Lederman is a judge that favours aggression, Lampley is no expert, Kellerman had it very close, Steward seem to set out his stall for a Pacquiao win and wanted to back up his original stance.

But to compare this fight to Williams Lara and say the HBO team are just making stuff up to big up there stars is a joke.
    I had the Primetime coverage but muted it once I heard Khan was commentating.

To be fair it does depend on what each judge looks for. I still Marquez was robbed of a draw at the least.

I mean how do you have 3 tight ass fights and not get a decision in your favour once?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      I had the Primetime coverage but muted it once I heard Khan was commentating.

To be fair it does depend on what each judge looks for. I still Marquez was robbed of a draw at the least.

I mean how do you have 3 tight ass fights and not get a decision in your favour once?
      Had the first fight 114-111 Pacquiao, the second 114-113 Pacquiao and the 3rd fight 115-113 Marquez.

Close fights, quite a few rounds that if you blink you might score for the other.

Any score from Pacquiao by 2 or Marquez by 4 I can see someone point of view but not agree with.

To compare this fight though to the Williams vs Lara fight which was a blatant robbery is just wrong

Khan, seems like a good kid but shouldn't be a commentator don't think much of his co-commentator also.

Comment

Had the first fight 114-111 Pacquiao, the second 114-113 Pacquiao and the 3rd fight 115-113 Marquez.

Close fights, quite a few rounds that if you blink you might score for the other.

Any score from Pacquiao by 2 or Marquez by 4 I can see someone point of view but not agree with.

To compare this fight though to the Williams vs Lara fight which was a blatant robbery is just wrong

Khan, seems like a good kid but shouldn't be a commentator don't think much of his co-commentator also.
        I'd probably have to agree with you on that one.

Comment

Still no answer?

Let me help you.

Williams 200 / 1047 Total and 161 / 766 Power

Lara 224 / 530 Total and 178 / 363 Power

Hope this helps.
          Hey guys I've got an idea. Why don't we all stop watching boxing and wait for the stats to get published? Who needs to actually watch the fight when we have compubox stats...

Did you even watch the damn fight you pathetic ******?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
            The HBO crew likes to talk about the guy who throws more punches wins a close fight. I'll use Williams-Lara as an example, who HBO crew UNANIMOUSLY agreed Lara was robbed EVEN though Williams threw way more punches and the total punches landed were close

Total Punches Thrown
            Williams - 1047
            Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
            Marquez - 436

WTF
            Now tell us the punches landed stats, total and power if you please.
            Still no answer?
            Let me help you.
            Williams 200 / 1047 Total and 161 / 766 Power
            Lara 224 / 530 Total and 178 / 363 Power

Hope this helps.
            And for Pacquiao vs Marquez.
            Pacquiao 176 / 578 Total 117 / 274 Power
            Marquez 138 / 436 Total 100 / 254 Power
            I guess this is not helping your theory.
            where are those *****s earlier??? lol!

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
              Hey guys I've got an idea. Why don't we all stop watching boxing and wait for the stats to get published? Who needs to actually watch the fight when we have compubox stats...

hey dumb! he just answered TS statistics theory with statistics itself! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post

The point about this theory is the stats? I furbished them with the full stats, to cast doubt on that theory.

Do try and think things through and read the original premise of the thread before making judgements.

Williams vs Lara, onesided win for Lara despite the lump on his head.

Comment

compubox is useless you could throw a 100 punches in one round n 20 in the next boxing is score on a rd. to rd. basis not on overall stats

Comment

TS owned already lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      TS owned already lol
                      Actually he isn't. He did say that the total # of punches landed were close & they were. He was very accurate, but some wouldn't know that because they only understand what suits them.

Comment

Working...
                      X