Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd: I'm fighting in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think it would be Sergio Martinez.

I think Floyd, like Ray Leonard who watched Hagler a lot and realized he will take him, has watched Sergio and Manny and KNOWS he can beat them.

If Floyd is fighting in February and May, that'd be a dream come true, but I doubt it. Schaefer said he was told by Floyd that he wants to fight multiple times a year, more than once or twice, maybe he was being for real. If he fought in FEB, JUL, DEC, that'd be great. Sergio, Manny, Amir. Though, this is boxing, I doubt it happens like that.

Comment

I see Sergio Martinez also, even Sergio or Amir Khan, Floyd has no one else left that he could fight, he would get 0% of credit for fighting Devon.

Berto and Ortiz might be fighting in January.

So I can only see 2 options, and thats Sergio or Amir.

Comment

Here's my prediction for actually what is going to happen this year in boxing with people relevant to May-Pac.

January: Ortiz-Berto II, Alexander-Malignaggi
        February: Mayweather-Martinez
        April: Bradley-Morales (The WBC already said Bradley would get the first crack at Erik, and if Pac-Bradley doesn't happen, that will).
        May: Pacquiao-Marquez IV

Bet on it.

Arum, Pac, Ariza, Roach, all said they want to fight Marquez again, and we all know that Manny said Arum calls the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          Here's my prediction for actually what is going to happen this year in boxing with people relevant to May-Pac.

January: Ortiz-Berto II, Alexander-Malignaggi
          February: Mayweather-Martinez
          April: Bradley-Morales (The WBC already said Bradley would get the first crack at Erik, and if Pac-Bradley doesn't happen, that will).
          May: Pacquiao-Marquez IV

Bet on it.

Arum, Pac, Ariza, Roach, all said they want to fight Marquez again, and we all know that Manny said Arum calls the shots.
          Mayweather vs Martinez? Heh?? Ok so around what weight will this fight be at?? Because we all know that Mayweather could NEVER get away with Pacquiao can get away with.

If Mayweather says that he wants Martinez at 150 then people will say you drained him, if Pacquiao fought Martinez at 150 then he would get props for it.

So Mayweather must be fighting Martinez at 160+?

Comment

It better not be Ortiz.

I can't see who it could be. It won't be Khan, he's fighting in the middle of December. No way is he going to fight Mayweather 2 months later.

The only fight I could see happening is Martinez but again I find that doubtful.

Otherwise, Haymon might cash out on Berto. That's what I'd do if I was Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              I really think it would be Sergio Martinez.

I think Floyd, like Ray Leonard who watched Hagler a lot and realized he will take him, has watched Sergio and Manny and KNOWS he can beat them.

If Floyd is fighting in February and May, that'd be a dream come true, but I doubt it. Schaefer said he was told by Floyd that he wants to fight multiple times a year, more than once or twice, maybe he was being for real. If he fought in FEB, JUL, DEC, that'd be great. Sergio, Manny, Amir. Though, this is boxing, I doubt it happens like that.
              I'd love this to be true but comments from Floyd Snr not too long back lead me to believe that it won't happen.

When discussing the offer of 100m for Floyd to fight Pac, Floyd Snr spoke of Floyd Jr's tax concerns that earnings exceeding 100m is substantially different to pre 100m.

If Floyd fights 3 times next year, his earnings will exceed 100m easily and he'd be taxed to the limit of the law.

Unfortunately, Floyd fighting 3 times a year is not happening due to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                I'd love this to be true but comments from Floyd Snr not too long back lead me to believe that it won't happen.

When discussing the offer of 100m for Floyd to fight Pac, Floyd Snr spoke of Floyd Jr's tax concerns that earnings exceeding 100m is substantially different to pre 100m.

If Floyd fights 3 times next year, his earnings will exceed 100m easily and he'd be taxed to the limit of the law.

Unfortunately, Floyd fighting 3 times a year is not happening due to this.
                once you're over a certain amount, (like 400k) you fall into the highest tax bracket and it makes no difference what you earn.

Comment

If anyone believes that chicken floyd would ever entertain the idea of fighting Martinez, kill yourselves please.

He already bit off more than he could chew with Ortiz. He underestimated ortiz, despite his fall from the 140lb devision, he was always the biggest physical speciman...the strongest, hardest hitting, and most explosive 140 lber since the get-go. And with his steady comeback with steady-challenging fights (peterson, berto, even getting his rounds in with campbell), he was in the best possible shape for any fight.

IMO floyd made a mistake taking that fight, and was on his way to getting stopped for the first time in his career that night, got saved with a cheap move. Ortiz was executing the gameplan to beat mayweather, which is constant pressure + roughhouse tactics. Much like the castillo fight.

I never in my life seen Mayweather get pushed back onto the ropes so easily, it was different from say, the delahoya fight. Floyd would get tagged hard with a right hook, and start to physically crumble back into the ropes. He looked too much like a ragdoll after he would get tagged and ortiz would push him back. Ortiz just looked so much stronger with so much pop in his punches when mayweather was against the ropes, nothing like the delahoya fight...mayweather would have continued his more stationary philly-shell style hes shown in his last few fights, and would have eventually been caught with a right hook that would have dropped him.

Floyd got his ass saved that night from biting off more than he can chew after a year layoff at 34, with the biggest most explosive fighter in 140-147 weight class outside of pacquiao.

Martinez would tax that ass, and once again, he avoids any possibility with a fight with pacquiao by retracting his may 5th statement and going with february.

Comment

Remember this.........

Floyd will fight Chavez Jr. for the WBC Middleweight belt at a 155-156 catchweight. I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd fight the Cotto/Margarito winner, but I don't think Floyd wants to take the kind of punishment that either of them would dish out. Neither Floyd nor Pac will EVER fight Sergio at ANY weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                      Floyd will fight Chavez Jr. for the WBC Middleweight belt at a 155-156 catchweight. I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd fight the Cotto/Margarito winner, but I don't think Floyd wants to take the kind of punishment that either of them would dish out. Neither Floyd nor Pac will EVER fight Sergio at ANY weight.
                      I highly doubt Chavez can go any lower than 160...Floyd is going to fight either a welterweight or somebody coming up from 140

Comment

Working...
                      X