Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After seeing Pacquiao-Marquez 3, does Floyd finally get his due for beating JMM???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    We get it. And all I'm saying he is, he magically looked a lot better at 38, after showing serious signs of slipping in his two previous bouts, at welter because Pacquiao clearly isn't on Mayweather's plane. Not because of a different way they were throwing the medicine ball at his chest. If he had some success against Floyd that would make sense. He had none.

ditto.......he was actually in pretty good shape against Floyd to take a 12 round beating the way he did. Much harder to take a beating when you aren't in the fight at all and every punch you throw is missing the target.

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
      oh you know him better. did he intentionally do it?
      Honestly what I think happened is, floyd was sure he could make the weight easy, but once it got close to deadline he probably wasn't where he wanted to be weight wise. So he made a deal instead of draining himself

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        We get it. And all I'm saying he is, he magically looked a lot better at 38, after showing serious signs of slipping in his two previous bouts, at welter because Pacquiao clearly isn't on Mayweather's plane. Not because of a different way they were throwing the medicine ball at his chest. If he had some success against Floyd that would make sense. He had none.
        No not magically, he's got Pac's number. He said himself this was the biggest fight of his career. It means a lot to him given the history. Aside from him having Pac's number anyway, he did also train his body for this weight, his style, tactics and everything combined to precision for this fight. It was impressive.

As for Pac-May, I agree. Pac can't deal with JMM's defence and counter punching, and won't be able to over come it with May. That's become clearer last night.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
          No not magically, he's got Pac's number. He said himself this was the biggest fight of his career. It means a lot to him given the history. Aside from him having Pac's number anyway, he did also train his body for this weight, his style and everything to precision for this fight. It was impressive.

As for Pac-May, I agree. Pac can't deal with JMM's defence and counter punching, and won't be able to over come it with May. That's become clearer last night.
          Whatever. Quite frankly, the only difference between this version of Marquez at welter and the one in 2009 was...his opponent. He's 38 - new training methods will only take you so far. It's not like he's Hopkins and showing no signs of aging, he was dropped and hurt by Michael Katsidis of all people in his last fight. Manny Pacquiao is simply clueless when given angles and couldn't cut a ring off if you handed him scissors.

Comment

Mayweather will never get the credit he deserves. Even if the fight does happen people arr going to say he cherry picked Paquiao because Pacquiao sucks agains real boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
              Mayweather will never get the credit he deserves. Even if the fight does happen people arr going to say he cherry picked Paquiao because Pacquiao sucks agains real boxers.
              Agree 100%. Marquez are Pacquiao are about the same size really, and peopel say Mayweather beat Marquez because he's bigger........so if he beats Pac, will people just say that he did because he was bigger???

130, 135, 140, 144, 147 Mayweather whoops Marquez.

If Pac can't figure out how to overcome Marquez defense and effective counter punching, I can't see him beating Floyd, who may have one of the best defenses and be the best counter puncher we've ever seen.

All i know is that Pac struggled beat a past prime Marquez, who isn't even as good as he was 2-3 years ago, and at a weight that Floyd dominated him at, and Mayweather just came off of 16 months of nothing and beat a prime, big and strong, coming off wins, Ortiz.

As for the Pac fans who were saying Ortiz was a cherry pick, who was a better opponent coming in, Ortiz or Marquez??? Ortiz. He's young, in his prime, big and strong, coming off big wins, while Marquez is 38, not even as good as he was in 08-09, and fighting where Floyd had dominated him.

It's clear as day.

Comment

He should, but he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  I know that styles make fights, but that's like saying Frazier-Foreman 1 was just a terribel style matchup for Joe, who was dominated by Foreman. I mean, at that same weight, Marquez just arguably beat Pacquiao again, and at a weight for Floyd dominated him. I know Floyd came in at 146, but does ANYONE seriously think Floyd weighing 2 lbs over 144 was a serious determining factor in that fight???

I didn't give Floyd that much credit for beating JMM at 144, but after seeing his solid performance against Pac att he same weight, you have to give Floyd at least a little credit for beating him handily there.
                  Been sayin' that since day one. People have to give Mayweather some credit for that win, especially after last night. It wasn't the weight, as much as the styles, that gave Márquez fits.

Haters gonna' hate, though...

Comment

Either Floyd put on an exceptional performance against Marquez or Pacquiao struggled against a fighter who had no business fighting at that weight.

Comment

do you really think that jmm could be floyd at 130 or 135? answer that one---in his prime at 130, floyd was much faster, much more active--and his reflexes were much faster--just watch his fights with tony pep and jukko--couldn't touch him at all---jmm is leagues ahead of them, yes, but jmm got caught a lot at 130, against mab and manny, who wouldn't survive floyd at 130----even though jmm fought at 126 also---it doesn't matter what weight they fought at----floyd didn't even bully jmm---he outboxed him, plain and simple--he moved around the ring a lot and jmm was more active--weight had little to do with it because floyd's upperbody movement was his key ingredient in beating most of his opponents including jmm--he made jmm lose his balance 2 times in their fight by just making him miss--

you guys remember how vicious floyd was at 140? the gatti floyd mayweather jr?

there's a reason nobody wanted it with floyd at 140, no matter what the media tellsyou---shane didn't want it--oscar--kosta--hatton especially---judah wasn't coming down--and although vivian harris was really the only one who wanted to fight floyd besides gatti, he got his ass whooped by a bum on floyd's and gatti's undercard---

imagine that floyd against jmm---give the man his just due--he fought jmm small--he didn't use his size---floyd is a small ww--he looked big against jmm but didn't fight big--jmm isn't a big puncher either--and floyd spars against middleweights up to some hw's...

floyd has a great chin with even better recovery----

point being, floyd gets all the credit in the world for fighting jmm and dominating him----and jmm was p4p number 2, coming off of 2 great wins---manny wouldn't fight him again, and manny is the same size as jmm and floyd is being pressured to fight him by you all and he will dominate manny like i've been saying for over 2 years now---

so, manny beats up bigger guys and jmm didn't prove he could fight well above 135, so floyd shouldn't get any credit for it? bollocks folks--floyd is going to kill manny so prepare yourselves for a long and tortuous night-lol--
                      Last edited by pbftxrs316; 11-13-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X