Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez Post Fight Discussion- Please re-vote in the poll. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is an epic entrance. lol

Comment

It was Roach, Ariza, and Khan too that all stated Pac would bury Mosley in under 3 rounds but that didn't happen. People are really taking a dump on JMM, who is one of the greatest fighters of the past 20 years. Juan is no chump and Pac is going to have his hands full with Marquez........Juan had never made this kind of weight before in the Mayweather fight and Mayweather had a huge reach advantage over him...not to mention the weight aspect of it all.

The boxing fans will be in for a heck of a good fight tonight....that is why the media is all over this one- history has shown that these two guys match up extremely well in the ring. The recent one-sided PPV matches and ripoffs at 60-70 bucks a pop have the world eager for a real PPV worthy fight and this is it.....the sales should be very, very good for this card.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He still looks exactly the same, exact for the abs. The love handles, the stomach slightly sticking out, same as the Mayweather weigh in. Take a look at Pacquiao, or most boxers making weight. They are flat, they look skinny. Marquez looks how he should on fight night at the weigh in.
        Yeah based on those pics I don't see much of a difference either but we'll know for sure on fight night. Not that it matters. BTW, Pacquiao looks in tremendous shape. He's going to walk through Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          It was Roach, Ariza, and Khan too that all stated Pac would bury Mosley in under 3 rounds but that didn't happen. People are really taking a dump on JMM, who is one of the greatest fighters of the past 20 years. Juan is no chump and Pac is going to have his hands full with Marquez........Juan had never made this kind of weight before in the Mayweather fight and Mayweather had a huge reach advantage over him...not to mention the weight aspect of it all.

The boxing fans will be in for a heck of a good fight tonight....that is why the media is all over this one- history has shown that these two guys match up extremely well in the ring. The recent one-sided PPV matches and ripoffs at 60-70 bucks a pop have the world eager for a real PPV worthy fight and this is it.....the sales should be very, very good for this card.
          Bro, you are dead wrong, period. Everyone who knows anything about boxing knows that Marquez is a sure fire mexican atg, everyone knows that.

But he's not a welterweight & has no business fighting there, period.

If the fight was around 135 somewhere, where Roach has admitted that Pacman can make, then we'd have a good fight, but Pacman's team made the fight at welterweight so there was no possibility of a close fight,period. But that does not mean that people are ****ting on Marquez. Almost every boxing expert/analyst has said the same, people aren't stupid.

Comment

damn dude, DMX would have been so much better

Comment

Originally posted by petepunter View Post
              You Pinoy's are a bunch a trash talking basketball wannabes someone should tell you all that you are 5ft 3 and can't play the game its time for you decide whether you black or asian because you can't be both and why the **** would you want to be anyway.
              talk about random..

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Bro, you are dead wrong, period. Everyone who knows anything about boxing knows that Marquez is a sure fire mexican atg, everyone knows that.

But he's not a welterweight & has no business fighting there, period.

If the fight was around 135 somewhere, where Roach has admitted that Pacman can make, then we'd have a good fight, but Pacman's team made the fight at welterweight so there was no possibility of a close fight,period. But that does not mean that people are ****ting on Marquez. Almost every boxing expert/analyst has said the same, people aren't stupid.
                I'm by no means, saying that JMM is a welterweight or that he is going to beat Pac, but I think people are forgetting the kind of heart and soul this man has. You would literally have to kill him to make him quit and JMM is not Clottey or Cotto or Margarito or Mosley. JMM has some of the best counter punching skills in the entire sport....he will tag Pac much more than people think he will and regardless of how much you prepare for something, your natural tendencies always prevail when push comes to shove. The fight will be heavy in Pac's favor early but if he doesn't get a one punch KO Hatton style, the tide will shift, he will get frustrated and once again, be in for a long night.

I definitely agree that they strategically made the fight at this weight because of how Juan has looked at the higher weights but they are also underestimating the "fire" that he has inside of him....he trained harder for this fight than he probably has in years; they assume that he is old, slower, and will be an easy match. Pac even cracked a smile and laughed when Kellerman asked about his opinion regarding the public's perception that JMM was too old and it would be a KO win....in his mind, he thinks it will be an easy fight.......that is the precursor to an upset. Pac may not lose but he is looking past JMM to a certain degree.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I'm by no means, saying that JMM is a welterweight or that he is going to beat Pac, but I think people are forgetting the kind of heart and soul this man has. You would literally have to kill him to make him quit and JMM is not Clottey or Cotto or Margarito or Mosley. JMM has some of the best counter punching skills in the entire sport....he will tag Pac much more than people think he will and regardless of how much you prepare for something, your natural tendencies always prevail when push comes to shove. The fight will be heavy in Pac's favor early but if he doesn't get a one punch KO Hatton style, the tide will shift, he will get frustrated and once again, be in for a long night.

I definitely agree that they strategically made the fight at this weight because of how Juan has looked at the higher weights but they are also underestimating the "fire" that he has inside of him....he trained harder for this fight than he probably has in years; they assume that he is old, slower, and will be an easy match. Pac even cracked a smile and laughed when Kellerman asked about his opinion regarding the public's perception that JMM was too old and it would be a KO win....in his mind, he thinks it will be an easy fight.......that is the precursor to an upset. Pac may not lose but he is looking past JMM to a certain degree.

I can see that. Marquez wanted this fight for years because he believes he won the first two.
                  I mean, no doubt he's coming to empty all his bullets.
                  Yes, he is a good counterpuncher, but he gets hit a lot, and it's not too fun getting hit by Pac as Mosley found out in that fight then did a runner.

JMM has to box. If he comes in blasting, I feel Pac has heavier artillery.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                    talk about random..

xcaret does this way better than that.

Comment

did any one else see the ******* with the manny marry me sign smh

Comment

Working...
                      X