Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: Marquez' Age and Added muscle is good for us.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and added muscle was good for Hopkins but not in the way Roach is talkin about.... Marquez TKO 9

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
      Age and added muscle was good for Hopkins but not in the way Roach is talkin about.... Marquez TKO 9
      It generally is above middleweight below that weight class its generally a handicap like it is in this fight , JMM just wont be effective by being slower , it was speed that allowed his counter punching to give Manny huge problems at the lighter weight , this time around Roach has taken care of that before a single punch is thrown by giving Marquez one of Mannys made to order Catch Weights .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        It generally is above middleweight below that weight class its generally a handicap like it is in this fight , JMM just wont be effective by being slower , it was speed that allowed his counter punching to give Manny huge problems at the lighter weight , this time around Roach has taken care of that before a single punch is thrown by giving Marquez one of Mannys made to order Catch Weights .
        Who is to say Marquez will come in at 144, he can step on with his clothes on and come in at 140 and be fine IMO his clothes can make it look like he is 144, which I think its a good idea

Comment

Who is to say Marquez will come in at 144, he can step on with his clothes on and come in at 140 and be fine IMO his clothes can make it look like he is 144, which I think its a good idea
          And then he would be severely over powered , 144 is a rock and a hard place for Juan and Roach knew that he must bulk up to stay in touch with Mannys strength or get steam rolled ,,, but it will cost speed ,, 144 is made to order no doubt about it , it was forced to give Pac the advantage .

Comment

he's at it again: Juan Manuel "I train very hard" Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              And then he would be severely over powered , 144 is a rock and a hard place for Juan and Roach knew that he must bulk up to stay in touch with Mannys strength or get steam rolled ,,, but it will cost speed ,, 144 is made to order no doubt about it , it was forced to give Pac the advantage .
              I tend to disagree with that, I dont think Mannys Power is what people make it out to be, the only person that Manny has knocked out since moving up was Ricky Hatton.

DLH and Cotto were stopped on their feet he had to beat it out of them..... Oscar was weight drained, and Cotto well he is a small welter or was at the time, who had been dropped by lesser fighters such as Torres.

The only reason people are looking at Mannys Power the way they do is cus the Hatton fight, but when you look at DLH that is obvious he was a part time fighter coming down to a weight he had no business coming down to.

With Cotto we will never know the real truth if Margarito had loaded gloves or not, we also will never really know if Margarito beat the fighter out of him. What I can say is Miguel did the most over all physical damage to Manny even though he was stopped.

And Manny when he did drop Cotto both times was lossing those rounds up to that point. Marquez has proven to be able to deal with Mannys power, extraordinary power no doubt but against fighters at 140 and lower.

I am standing By my pick Marquez stops Manny Pacquiao in a stunning upset but a war it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
                In this video Roach says that Marquez' age makes him slower and the added bulk will slow Marquez even more for Manny and make things much easier for them. The fight will not go six according to Roach.

Good stuff.
                Why does Roach insist on doing the work of anti-Pacquiao people for them? Instead of discrediting Pacquiao's wins he should be promoting his fighter.

Comment

roach needs to stfu he keeps exposing his own team

Comment

Roach, now I know you have Parkinson’s disease so maybe that's messing up your memory, but do you not know Pac is fighting a war torn 40yr old Lightweight?

Comment

I tend to disagree with that, I dont think Mannys Power is what people make it out to be, the only person that Manny has knocked out since moving up was Ricky Hatton.

DLH and Cotto were stopped on their feet he had to beat it out of them..... Oscar was weight drained, and Cotto well he is a small welter or was at the time, who had been dropped by lesser fighters such as Torres.

The only reason people are looking at Mannys Power the way they do is cus the Hatton fight, but when you look at DLH that is obvious he was a part time fighter coming down to a weight he had no business coming down to.

With Cotto we will never know the real truth if Margarito had loaded gloves or not, we also will never really know if Margarito beat the fighter out of him. What I can say is Miguel did the most over all physical damage to Manny even though he was stopped.

And Manny when he did drop Cotto both times was lossing those rounds up to that point. Marquez has proven to be able to deal with Mannys power, extraordinary power no doubt but against fighters at 140 and lower.

I am standing By my pick Marquez stops Manny Pacquiao in a stunning upset but a war it will be.
                      Fair enough although as you I disagree , the only thing Id like to add is when I say power Im not meaning punching power as you think thats what Im referring too , Im meaning physical strength as in grappling and wrestling , it sets up the punching power .

Comment

Working...
                      X