No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Ain't it funny how "fights of the year" a la Kirkland-Angulo are usually between 2 fighters with zero defensive skills?

Canelo is a superior boxer and will KO Kirkland. Easily.
    canelo is the superior boxer but he suffers from cottoitis. hes easy to hit. and he doesnt have enough power to keep pressure fighters off of him. seen it a million times, thats why this fight is proly 50/50 for me. but id put my money on kirkland. i would love to see the fight tho.

Comment

It would make a good scrap. I am not entirely convinced Kirkland has granite chin, since he recovered from a flash K.O. Yet both carry good power. Watching two glass cannons go at each other, would make an entertaining fight.

Comment

I think Kirkland beats Canelo. Im kinda confused on the whole chin thing with Kirkland because although he gets knocked down and caught a lot, has he really ever been hurt badly? Ishida dropped him 3 times, but Kirkland never looked hurt just like against Angulo he got dropped but he didnt seem hurt.

He has poor defense but I think his chin is better than people say. I think he withstands whatever Canelo throws at him and then just chops Canelo down in the middle rounds

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
          If Anne Wolfe can get Kirkland's defence sorted, Canelo doesn't have a chance.
          To be realistic, his defense really doesn't have much more go... The only way his defense will be that much better is if he was less agressive, in which case he'd probably be a lot more boring.

I think all he needs is the ability to know when to back off, as oppose to being any better at defense. Sure it could be tweeked a little, but its not like he's got a long way to go

Comment

Its a pickem fight to me both are capable of stopping each other.

Comment

Could you imagine there being a type of 8 man tourney then this fight happening with a BIGGER FIGHT lined up afterwards

Cotto vs Margarito
              Canelo vs JCC
              Pirog vs Martinez
              Kirkland vs Vanes

if all goes well....
              Canelo vs Kirkland(PPV)
              Martinez vs Cotto.(PPV)....both huge money fights.....then if it goes how I would predict....

Kirkland vs Martinez.....winner would be the new biggest draw in boxing

Comment

Canelo by ko, easy.

Comment

That fight would be a war , not sure who wins this one.

Comment

Canelo's chin is still a mystery to me, so as of now Kirkland by KO. We'll see how well Canelo can take Cintron's bombs.

Comment

alvarez would need to use every square inch of that ring and try and weather the storm for the first 3 rounds. if he can make it out of that then i think kirkland would be a bit slower and alvarez can start taking his shots. if he can knock him down like angulo did somewhere in the fight, then he has a chance of knocking him out. but seeing as he's a disciplined fighter and likes showing his craft, he might take it to a decision if he doesn't feel the need to take any risks.
                      it all depends if alvarez can survive the first 3 rounds imo. even then kirkland would still be throwing bombs in the rounds after. truly a hard fight for both guys. hope it gets made, alvarez needs this.

Comment

Working...
                      X