No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Punker View Post
    Kirkland is Canelo's mandatory, I think he would completely destroy Canelo.
    Common... Alvarez isn't going to face him. The WBC would never do that to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLISTIC View Post
      this is the fight that must be made....but canelo KOs kirkland i mean c'mon ishida mopped kirkland...
      The Ishida fight is now a certified fluke bozo (look at Khan-Prescott).

Kirkland just took bombs from Angulo, one of boxing's biggest punchers, but it's okay if Canelo wants to believe that Kirkland will be easy work and make the mistake Angulo did.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        The Ishida fight is now a certified fluke bozo (look at Khan-Prescott).

Kirkland just took bombs from Angulo, one of boxing's biggest punchers, but it's okay if Canelo wants to believe that Kirkland will be easy work and make the mistake Angulo did.
        Oh trust me, he won't, if he treated Rhodes like he was this monster in the ring, imagine how he'll treat Kirkland in the ring.

Comment

The Ishida fight was not a 'fluke'. Kirkland came into the fight out of condition, yes, but it still highlighted a glaring flaw in him that also was highlighted last night: he leaves himself wide open when he punches, and you dont need a lot of power to drop someone when they run into your punches.

Thankfully, Kirkland more than makes up for that problem with his ridiculous amount of stamina and tenacity. But you cant just write off the loss and say it was random.

I would like to see Alvarez vs Kirkland.

Comment

canelo merc's kirkland.

Comment

Is Kirkland small enough for Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                The Ishida fight was not a 'fluke'. Kirkland came into the fight out of condition, yes, but it still highlighted a glaring flaw in him that also was highlighted last night: he leaves himself wide open when he punches, and you dont need a lot of power to drop someone when they run into your punches.

Thankfully, Kirkland more than makes up for that problem with his ridiculous amount of stamina and tenacity. But you cant just write off the loss and say it was random.

I would like to see Alvarez vs Kirkland.
                How was it not a fluke? So you're saying that last night didn't prove otherwise? Would you bet your life savings on Ishida in a rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  How was it not a fluke? So you're saying that last night didn't prove otherwise? Would you bet your life savings on Ishida in a rematch?
                  I wouldnt bet my life savings on any fight ever.

And I wasnt that surprised at the result of last night, although I probably was favoring Angulo slightly. and that came very close to happening in the first round anyway.

Just because Kirkland had a great showing last night doesnt magically erase the Ishida fight. Kirkland has his flaws, and Ishida exploited them when they fought. Its not like Kirkland dramaticaly changed up his style from Ishida to Angulo, its just that he was in much better condition.

and I dont think Id favor Ishida in a rematch, since Id be assuming that Kirkland would be in much better shape, and his style is completely based around conditioning. Doesnt change the fact that Kirkland is a sucker for running into straight punches.

point is, Kirkland didnt lose because of a lucky punch. He lost because of exploitable flaws in his style. He can overcome these flaws with his conditioning, but theyre still there.

Comment

Ain't it funny how "fights of the year" a la Kirkland-Angulo are usually between 2 fighters with zero defensive skills?

Canelo is a superior boxer and will KO Kirkland. Easily.

Comment

Canelo gets murdered for sure. Kirkland ****s him and knocks him out in 7 rounds tops. Canelo ain't no match for Mandingo Warrior! Its gonna be a good fight while it lasts, but after the first 3 rounds, I have no doubt Kirkland will take over completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X