Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol @ "Angulo Punched Himself Out". He's A Pressure Fighter!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Bro he was dead tired. His punches had nothing on them. His mouth was open. He blew his load its happened in boxing before. Thats not a knock on Kirkland its not Jmes job to make sure Angulo doesnt blow his load. With that said he tired himself out.
    Let's hear your take on it.

Was it a coincedence that Angulo went from throwing strong combo punches to lazy punches immediately after Kirkland landed that huge uppercut? Was this a mere coincedence?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Recovery my friend, recovery.

Pressure guys like Angulo, Margarito, Hatton (in his day) have some of the best recovery around. These guys don't show up to big fights and just get tired to the point of their done in the 1st round. No it just doesn't work like that.

Have you ever heard of a 2nd and 3rd wind??

Is it possible for someone to get tired? yes, but they have the recovery in their stamina to bounce right back within a round. Not throw a bunch of punches in the 1st round then be done for the rest of the fight. No, it doesn't work like that.

Angulo didn't really recover from the punches of Kirkland until the 3rd. Kirk was just all around the better and well conditioned fighter so it really didn't matter after that anyway.
      He thought Kirkland was one shot from being stopped, so he went in for the finish which was evidently too soon.

I mean, he was completely exhuasted pretty much straight away. I doubt that was from a single punch.

It absolutely can happen. Fighter's have gone in for the finish too early plenty of times and emptied thier tank. Once you empty it it's very difficult to recover.

He was exhausted. It's plain to see.

It doesn't matter anyway, Kirkland was the better man on the night either way.

Comment

I played varsity sports (basketball) since the 7th grade. I've been an athlete my whole life.

When you're running and lose your rhythm, the only time you won't get it back is if you're not in shape. If you're in shape, you'll go on to get your 2nd and 3rd wind.

The only reason Angulo made it that far is not because of luck and heart. It's because of his conditioning. He took some big punches from a guy that's been through hell and back leading up to the fight... That in itself is no easy feat.
        Angulo did trigger his second wind, though. It didn't last long though, LOL. And as stated in a previous post, I've been an athlete my entire life as well. Wrestled since I was a kid, boxed since I was 10 and trying to make something of it now. Hopefully I can go further than my boy Rosado (Who Angulo put a beaten on).

But you do know what I mean about losing the rhythm and then having it effect you. That adrenaline rush you have going is cut off, and getting it back is a lot easier when you're not being punched in the head, chest, ribs and stomach lol.

I train alongside Mike Jones at Muhammads, that man is an amazingly conditioned athlete. I watched him kill himself against Karass and never recover. It happens bro.

Comment

Let's hear your take on it.

Was it a coincedence that Angulo went from throwing strong combo punches to lazy punches immediately after Kirkland landed that huge uppercut? Was this a mere coincedence?
          So you think a single punch caused him to go from being fresh to completely exhausted for the rest of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            So you think a single punch caused him to go from being fresh to completely exhausted for the rest of the fight?
            Dan, watch the fight. I posted a link with the time on exactly when it happens.

Yes, Angulo was going for the kill like he does in EVERY fight.

But if you look at the video, Angulo was throwing hard combo's. Immediately after Kirk lands the punch you can hear Max say "Kirk landed a big uppercut".

Not even a second after this punch is landed, Angulo is throwing slow weak punches. Kirkland then applies his pressure and almost finishes him in the 1st.

Once again, Angulo was a hurt fighter with too much MACHISMO. Instead of clearing his head and holding Kirkland, Angulo chose to try to slug it out, which made the matter worse. This is why he looks as though he's tired, when fact of the matter is, he is hurt.
            Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-06-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Angulo did trigger his second wind, though. It didn't last long though, LOL. And as stated in a previous post, I've been an athlete my entire life as well. Wrestled since I was a kid, boxed since I was 10 and trying to make something of it now. Hopefully I can go further than my boy Rosado (Who Angulo put a beaten on).

But you do know what I mean about losing the rhythm and then having it effect you. That adrenaline rush you have going is cut off, and getting it back is a lot easier when you're not being punched in the head, chest, ribs and stomach lol.

I train alongside Mike Jones at Muhammads, that man is an amazingly conditioned athlete. I watched him kill himself against Karass and never recover. It happens bro.

I know fighter's can punch themselves out. I'm not denying that. But when you have guys who's whole basis is off shere will and conditioning, "blow a load" in the first round is non sense.

If you've fought before as myself, then you will know how a punch can take a fighters legs away and make him look like his conditioning is gone. Look at Mayweather's legs in the 2nd round against Mosley after the right hands.

I'll give this to you. If Angulo stopped punching and his legs gave out while Kirkland was covered up in the corner, I would agree with all you guys in this thread. But the fact that Angulo was going strong and hard exactly up until Kirkland landed that HUGE uppercut is too much of a coincedence to me.

Add that with the fact that Angulo's whole thing is punches in bunches and i can't believe that a man of this caliber blew his load in the first round and didn't get one second wind even though the fight went to the 6th round lol

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                The problem here is some ppl will always wine about the "what if" angulo didn't do this,"what if" angulo didn't punch himself out."the what if's" don't exist after the fight is over.Its either make or break for you that night.But that's for those irrelevant posters.But just like the TS said angulo is a pressure fighter.On a given fight like last night you have to be on the best game.I had Kirkland beating the odds before last nights win,just like I had ortiz steam rolling berto.But yes all credit to james,wish there was a lot more quality fight like this one.And kirkland should thank wolfe.
                True,good post...

Comment

Dan, watch the fight. I posted a link with the time on exactly when it happens.

Yes, Angulo was going for the kill like he does in EVERY fight.

But if you look at the video, Angulo was throwing hard combo's. Immediately after Kirk lands the punch you can hear Max say "Kirk landed a big uppercut".

Not even a second after this punch is landed, Angulo is throwing slow weak punches. Kirkland then applies his pressure and almost finishes him in the 1st.

Once again, Angulo was a hurt fighter with too much MACHISMO. Instead of clearing his head and holding Kirkland, Angulo chose to try to slug it out, which made the matter worse. This is why he looks as though he's tired, when fact of the matter is, he is hurt.
                  I'm actually watching the fight as we speak I have it on record from the replay this morning.

We're going to have to disagree because I completely disagree.

Angulo threw a huge amount of punches after the KD and he landed almost none of them cleanly.

This will have an effect on anyone and had a huge effect on Angulo IMO. I absolutely don't believe him being exhausted was down to a single punch.

Did his body work have an effect on Angulo? Absolutely.

But, Angulo emptied his tank. By the 3rd Round he's not even throwing proper punches he's literally just tapping him because he has nothing left.

He emptied his tank and unerestimated Kirkland's toughness and will. And he paid for it.

I want to see a rematch because they didn't disappoint

Comment

I know fighter's can punch themselves out. I'm not denying that. But when you have guys who's whole basis is off shere will and conditioning, "blow a load" in the first round is non sense.

If you've fought before as myself, then you will know how a punch can take a fighters legs away and make him look like his conditioning is gone. Look at Mayweather's legs in the 2nd round against Mosley after the right hands.

I'll give this to you. If Angulo stopped punching and his legs gave out while Kirkland was covered up in the corner, I would agree with all you guys in this thread. But the fact that Angulo was going strong and hard exactly up until Kirkland landed that HUGE uppercut is too much of a coincedence to me.

Add that with the fact that Angulo's whole thing is punches in bunches and i can't believe that a man of this caliber blew his load in the first round and didn't get one second wind even though the fight went to the 6th round lol
                    I do know what a good punch can do. I've been on the receiving and I've also seen it happen right in front of me several times, but it's how angulo reacted to getting his legs back that bothered me - all arm punches. Being hurt had never effected my punching at all. And I do agree the punch is what turned the tide, but it's benefits weren't from it being so powerful but more so because Angulo was zapping himself.

I don't think the effects would have been so great if angulo was throwing less punches and being smarter with his finish. I think Kirkland killed his momentum, and reality set in. His body reacted accordingly.

Comment

there was a nasty left hand body shot that hurt angulo. I think that's what really took the air out of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X