No announcement yet.

Guinness Makes An Error About Pacquiao's Accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Do you not consider holding the Lineal title to be holding a World Title?
    Perhaps I need to be more clear about what I'm arguing. The Guinness reads:

"The most boxing world titles won in different weight divisions is EIGHT by Manny Pacquiao"

This is WRONG. The Ring and IBO are not world titles. This is why Wikipedia, Boxrec, and Top Ranks website have him listed as winning 6 world titles... not 8. Personal interpretation of what a world title should be in contrast to what it actually is is irrelevant on the premise I'm sitting on.
    Last edited by Mr.0pal; 10-30-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      Well no the ring belt isnt a world title..it is however more meaningful in my opinon
      If the Lineal Title isn't a World title then what is it?

If you win the Lineal Championship of the World then you are not only 'a' Champion you're 'the' Champion. The only thing that does it makes it more legitmate.

To say Zab Judah was a Champion at 140 but Pacquaio wasn't is just plain flawed logic.

The Lineal Title is a World Title in my book. I can't see how it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post

"The most boxing world titles won in different weight divisions is EIGHT by Manny Pacquiao"

This is WRONG. The Ring and IBO are not world titles. This is why Wikipedia, Boxrec, and Top Ranks website have him listed as winning 6 world titles... not 8. Personal interpretation of what a world title should be based on what it actually is is irrelevant on the premise I'm sitting on.
        He does have the record for winning title in the most weight classes...

Comment

This is WRONG. The Ring and IBO are not world titles. This is why Wikipedia, Boxrec, and Top Ranks website have him listed as winning 6 world titles... not 8. Personal interpretation of what a world title should be based on what it actually is is irrelevant on the premise I'm sitting on.
          Why is The Ring title not a World Title?

Wikipedia list him as having 'Major Titles' in 6 weight classes and 'Lineal Titles' in 2 weight classes.

I consider that 8 World Titles. Technically and offically.

Comment

If the Lineal Title isn't a World title then what is it?

If you win the Lineal Championship of the World then you are not only 'a' Champion you're 'the' Champion. The only thing that does it makes it more legitmate.

To say Zab Judah was a Champion at 140 but Pacquaio wasn't is just plain flawed logic.

The Lineal Title is a World Title in my book. I can't see how it's not.
            wbc,wba,ibf,wbo are the 4 major world titles..ring title isnt a world title but it is a more meaningful title...................and why did you call that 1 poster Larry?

Comment

This is WRONG. The Ring and IBO are not world titles. This is why Wikipedia, Boxrec, and Top Ranks website have him listed as winning 6 world titles... not 8. Personal interpretation of what a world title should be in contrast to what it actually is is irrelevant on the premise I'm sitting on.
              If it read:

"The most boxing world belts won in different weight divisions is EIGHT by Manny Pacquiao"

Then you'd have a point because he did only win 6 "major" belts, but he has 8 "title"

Comment

Why is The Ring title not a World Title?

Wikipedia list him as having 'Major Titles' in 6 weight classes and 'Lineal Titles' in 2 weight classes.

I consider that 8 World Titles. Technically and offically.
                Wiki says he won the Lineal in FOUR weight classes... not 2. Quote:

"He is the first eight-division world champion; having won six world titles,[4] as well as the first to win the lineal championship in four different weight classes."

The debate is not weather or not you think the Ring should be an official world title. That's a debate all unto itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  wbc,wba,ibf,wbo are the 4 major world titles..ring title isnt a world title but it is a more meaningful title...................and why did you call that 1 poster Larry?
                  Why isnt the Ring title not a world title? Of course its a world title

Comment

Wiki says he won the Lineal in FOUR weight classes... not 2. Quote:

"He is the first eight-division world champion; having won six world titles,[4] as well as the first to win the lineal championship in four different weight classes."

The debate is not weather or not you think the Ring should be an official world title. That's a debate all unto itself.
                    Guinness >>> Wiki

stop crying about it.

Comment

Yes Sir!...
                      respect as always mropal

Comment

Working...
                      X