Guinness Makes An Error About Pacquiao's Accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    But, it's not an opinion.

The Guinness Book of Records state that Pacquaio has won legit titles in 8 Weight classes.

The fact of the matter is; He has.

He has won either a Major Sactioning Bodie's title or a Lineal Title in 8 different Weight classes. Fact.

And that is all they're saying.
    The Guinness reads: "Most boxing world titles in different weight divisions"

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ght-divisions/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post

well name another fighter who has won title in 8 weight classes..ring belt=lineal title..not world title

Comment

Yes.

And he has won 8 World Titles in 8 different divisions.

Comment

• Hold up is this the guy who makes hate videos about manny 24/7??oh **** im wasting my time here..im out

Comment

Yes.

And he has won 8 World Titles in 8 different divisions.
            ok.. so the Ring and the IBO are official world titles in your book. Fine. You're free to have anything exist in your own little head. Let me know when you've convinced Boxrec and Top Rank. Send me the link to where they changed their information and I might consider changing my mind.

Comment

• the funny part is that someone here said they would call guiness to tell them they made a mistake..

i certainly hope he posts a transcript of the conversation

Comment

Boxrec, Wikipedia, and even Top Rank's own website have Pacquiao recorded as winning only 6 world titles... not 8.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:6129

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Pacquiao

http://www.toprank.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204893429

Quote from Top Rank's website...count'em:

"He has won world titles at 112, 122, 130, 135, 147, and 154 pounds."

WBC Flyweight World Champion (112 lbs)
                IBF Junior Featherweight World Champion (122 lbs)
                WBC Super Featherweight World Champion (130 lbs)
                WBC Lightweight World Champion (135 lbs)
                WBO Welterweight World Champion (147 lbs)
                WBC Super Welterweight World Champion (154 lbs)

Why? Because:

A) The Ring title is not an official world title.
                B) The IBO Jr. Welterweight is a Regional Minor Title.

Chalk it up as the Guinness not knowing much about boxing.
                Don't be surprised if he's removed from the Guinness due to a misinformed error.

Also, considering the title won at a catch weight against Cotto, and the vacant title won at a catch weight against a guy who wasn't even ranked at 154 (Margarito) it seems delusional for informed boxing fans to get excited this so-called achievement.
                Crazy Fans just want to make the steroidfilsuper Manny a God.

Comment

ok.. so the Ring and the IBO are official world titles in your book. Fine. You're free to have anything exist in your own little head. Let me know when you've convinced Boxrec and Top Rank. Send me the link to where they changed their information and I might consider changing my mind.
                  Not the IBO, no.

The Lineage? Of course. Of course a Lineal Title is an official World Title.

So you're saying if Boxrec and Top Rank update their website to Pacquaio having 8 World Titles you would then also change your view to him having 8 Titles?

So bascially, you're view is defined by what those websites state?

That's pretty stupid, man.

The only way you can deny that Pacquaio doesn't have 8 Titles is to deny the legitimacy of the Lineage. Which is outright flawed and illogical.

Comment

Not the IBO, no.

The Lineage? Of course. Of course a Lineal Title is an official World Title.

So you're saying if Boxrec and Top Rank update their website to Pacquaio having 8 World Titles you would then also change your view to him having 8 Titles?

So bascially, you're view is defined by what those websites state?

That's pretty stupid, man.

The only way you can deny that Pacquaio doesn't have 8 Titles is to deny the legitimacy of the Lineage. Which is outright flawed and illogical.
                    I said I might consider. Read much? I say that because I know Top Rank and Boxrec are going by what's OFFICIAL!!!. As I am going by what's OFFICIAL!!!

Now... if Guinness named the IBO, and you admitted that it's not an official world title, then why are you still saying that he won 8 world titles?

Again... go put in your ground work and let me know what kind of results you come up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      the funny part is that someone here said they would call guiness to tell them they made a mistake..

i certainly hope he posts a transcript of the conversation

poor loser

what, do you think its out of the norm for the public to contact guinness?

Comment

Working...
                      X