Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd needs to man up.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Floyd could pull a Clottey/Navarez. It could be a huge disappointment as a spectacle.
      Yeah, cause Floyd only fights to sruvive, not win.

Comment

• Originally posted by kencross27 View Post
        Yeah Pac is saying that he want's to fight floyd and so is Bob Arum

Common people, You think arum is so dumb that he does not want the biggest fight in the history of boxing that it would bring his name on history and also give him the highest $$$$$$$ paycheck from a fight he promoted!

Every promoter want's the fight to happen Schaefer, Arum, DLH wanted it to happen!! The money is in there what more can you ask!

WTF!! I already am convinced that Floydiots brains are tinier than Peanuts!
        How is a 50/50 fight, co-promoted by GBP and May promotions (both taking a share), financially bigger than an inhouse 80/20 split against a low risk opponent, where ALL the profit % (from both fighters) goes directly to Arum's pocket???

And don't tell me about legacy - Arum doesn't care about legacy, or he would have already matched up one of his fighters against Martinez. UMMMMM.... oh yeah Martinez is not a PPV draw!

Comment

• Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
          Gabriel Montoya and 97Ruff give great reasons why Floyd's type of random testing is flawed. I used to be pro-Floyd testing with this but after seeing this video, I changed my mind. Either go all the way or none at all. It's long but it's worth it.

You have to understand that until there is uniformity across the board when it comes to commisioning the different tittles, or One commision to govern all there will not be OST all year long. So until then it has to be put into contracts. And until we have a commision to implement the new Super jr welterweight division (144lbs) and the Super welterweight division (150lbs) it will be written into the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
            How is a 50/50 fight, co-promoted by GBP and May promotions (both taking a share), financially bigger than an inhouse 80/20 split against a low risk opponent, where ALL the profit % (from both fighters) goes directly to Arum's pocket???

And don't tell me about legacy - Arum doesn't care about legacy, or he would have already matched up one of his fighters against Martinez. UMMMMM.... oh yeah Martinez is not a PPV draw!
            Wow, your such a martinez hugger. Yeah martinez is not a PPV draw it's already a fact. So don't put his name on the discussion!

As what is everybody stated each fighter can make upto 100 million dollars each. Who ****ing doesn't want that?

Even if it's a co-promotion it does not matter.

If an in house promotion can only make 800k-1.5m max for both promoters!

it will be doubled with the fight happening! I assure you that the Super Megafight between Floyd - Manny will reach more 3mil+ PPV buys.

So who does not want it? even a grade school can compare the difference

Comment

• Originally posted by kencross27 View Post
              As what is everybody stated each fighter can make upto 100 million dollars each. Who ****ing doesn't want that?
              Do you know the difference between facts and fiction? Those 50,60,100 million dollar offers never existed.
              Pac-Floyd might be the biggest fight financially, but Top Rank would only get 50% of the cut. In other words, the fight would have to sell almost 3 million PPV's, for it to be more viable than "usual" fights.
              Last edited by Leohappy; 10-24-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                Its gotta start somewhere. Look how much **** Floyd has gotten for even trying to implement a lesser version for his fights only. Its a step in the right direction any way you look at it imo.

I think if NSAC ever does step up to do full OST it will be the day a certain fighter announces the retirement hes been hinting at in recent months, and i dont mean Floyd...
                Floyd's version is a farce and a total waste of time, money and effort.

Here, read WADA's specifics concerning 'whereabouts':

'Because of OUT-OF-COMPETITION doping controls can be conducted without notice to athletes, they are one of the most powerful means of deterrence and detection of doping... Exterience has shown that out-of-competition testing is CRUCIAL to the fight against doping, in particular because a number of prohibited substances and METHODS ARE DETECTABLE ONLY FOR A LIMITED PERIOD of time in an athlete's body while maintaining a performance enhancing effect. The only way to perform such testing is by knowing where athletes are, and the only way to make it efficient is to be able to test athletes at TIMES AT WHICH CHEATERS MAY MOST LIKELY TO USE PROHIBITED SUBSTANCES AND METHODS.'

Comment

• MFer ain't going to take the test ain't going to be no fight. Pacroid quick to say **** then bob arum runs interference making sure his cash cow doesn't get in the ring with Floyd. I really don't see why people want to see Floyd dominate this clown. Like Floyd said, Pacroid ain't **** unless he attach his name to Floyd. Look at the numbers. Who really want to watch Pacroid fight????? Everyone wants to see Floyd lose or win.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Personally, I don't know how to feel about Pac's latest "agreement" to the OST. Yes, he's said that he would agree to the testing in full. But, training in the Phillipines means he'll avoid USADA for probably the first month of his camp. I know WADA will approve a clinic over there to conduct his testing. But, personally I wouldn't be at all trusting of a Filipino clinic conducting his testing without bias. So even though he's technically agreed. If I were Mayweather and truly felt Pac was doing something illegal, I wouldn't be at all comfortable about a Filipino being in charge of the testing for any period of time. I'm just sayin'.
                    Excuses never end.

Comment

• Who cares. I think we unanimously agree that FLoyd gets the W in this match-up byu a pretty wide margin.

Comment

Working...
                      X