Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omar Narvaez 36 years old. Undefeated before the night. Never been down in his professional career.

won 35 (KO 19) + lost 1 (KO 0) + drawn 2 = 38
    rounds boxed 311

16 title defenses

Yes, he moved up in weight, but to beat that guy via shutout is impressive... simply put

Comment

• Cant say I was impressed with the fight.

At least it wasnt ppv...

Comment

• Of course he's overrated. I don't see anything special about him. He throws hard punches like anyone else. But he's a freaking little guy.

Comment

• I'm just LOL'ing that the same posters who spam about Sergio being "exposed" as a bum by Barker are now jumping to the defense of Donaire...seriously, *******s are the shallowest most transparent posters on here.

Comment

• Yesterday is what happens when ya see bad match making..One fighter coming to win the other coming to survive plain and simple..Donaire is still a big threat to Gamboa JML and anybody else around his weight class,I laugh at people who say things like this when one fighter does not score a KO or look amazing vs a guy who was just trying to survive..
            Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 10-23-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
              Narvaez's guard was sky high all night, and everytime donaire made a move his tendency was to protect his face leaving his body completely open.

All donaire had to do was jab jab his guard, and then step in with a straight to the body, and repeat until he lowered his hands.
              He did and the ref called it low. He also knew that Omar was on his lead leg waiting for a body attack to counter.

Comment

• When your taller it takes more effort and time to go to the body.

It leaves you open for the counter.

Hence why guys like the Klt bros or Ali never attack the body often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
                  Again look at the size difference, it was supposed to be a blowout and an opponent to make him look good after a long layoff and in front on the new york audience, but instead its was a piss poor performance and he was booed throughout the fight.
                  It's difficult to look good when the opponent, Narvaez, main objective was to run all night, duh.

I was actually impressed with Narvaez's speed. However, he utilized that speed for the wrong reasons, simply to survive.

You keep on harpin' about Donaire not going to the body. It was difficult to do that when the opponent was a small target and quick to shell up & run away the moment you make a move to attack. That's why Donaire's body attack was limited to throwing straight punches to the gut.

What do you want Donaire to do, lunge all day with leap hooks and uppercuts like Prince Naseem ? but instead of targeting the face jump hook to the body, lmao.

It's difficult to land hooks and uppercuts to the body from long range. The opponent will see those coming right away.

I think alot of us, if not all of us did not have a clue about the Argentinian. We probably all thought that we were gonna get a lil guy who was gonna come straight forward and brawl and get murked in the process.

Instead, we got a lil guy who moved well, but, moved a lil too good for the wrong reasons. His motive for his movement wasn't to create openings, but, simply to survive.

I would've liked for Donaire to have applied more pressure. But, he was coming off a long layoff and had to lose alot of weight(he was actually complaining about cramps to his corner in the later rounds). So, the energy level wasn't there to display the kind of workrate we would've liked to have seen. At the same time Donaire is not really known for dishing out punches in bunches.
                  Last edited by King of Sting; 10-23-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
                    He did and the ref called it low. He also knew that Omar was on his lead leg waiting for a body attack to counter.
                    I agree, when he did begin to go to the body the ref started warning him for low blows. Donaire said f*** it and beat the dudes arms up, like most fighters do in that situation.

Comment

• Only the Klits and Floyd Mayweather can give fans a boring fight and still be called the greatest by their fans

but when Pac or Donaire give us **** they are overrated!

Comment

Working...
                      X