No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    I remember a thread was made asking posters for their Top 5 current most technical fighters, the reason I didn't add Donaire is because I'm still not sure if he can fight on the inside, he probably can.

To me, this fight doesn't indicate if he can or not, not only did Narvarez not throw any punches, he would back away when Donaire got closer. Just saying, I wouldn't go as far as to say he can't fight on the inside, which fight of his has shown that he can't? Someone would have had to have taken away his distance.
    Come on if he is not going to do it in a fight where he has all the advantages and a guy who is only trying to survive he never will. He stopped himself, Narvaez certainly didn't stop him from trying different things.

A spade is a spade if he needs that in a real fight it won't be there~ and even if it is there he certainly won't go there it is not in him.

Comment

• At least Martinez KO'd the guy in 8 when he got "exposed"....geez now that it is your countryman rather than a potential Floyd opponent you stick up for him...who would've ever guessed that

Comment

• After the fight, Narvaez had the nerve to celebrate on his trainer's shoulder and claim that Donaire never hurt him during the post fight interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
          why did'nt floyd look good vs baldomir ?...and he was a bum....
          How are these fights comparable.

Would a better version of Baldomir beat Floyd~ no, he showed no real stylistic issue.

Could a better version of Narvaez give Nonito issues, possibly~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Come on if he is not going to do it in a fight where he has all the advantages and a guy who is only trying to survive he never will. He stopped himself, Narvaez certainly didn't stop him from trying different things.

A spade is a spade if he needs that in a real fight it won't be there~ and even if it is there he certainly won't go there it is not in him.
            Where did he ever have the opportunity to fight in close, again Narvarez was not only overly defensive, he was also on the move. I'll wait before I can make that judgement, 'Donaire not being a good inside fighter.

Comment

• I have to say Robert Garcia is a great trainer between rounds. He knew right away that Omar was just waiting for the younger fighter to get impatient and over reach. He almost did that when he caught Donaire with a right hook in the 2nd round. But that was about it. Robert told Nonito to stay calm, keep boxing and make the guy not throw back. He made no mistakes tonight.

Boring win. Plus, he won without getting a cut from the clash of heads.

Comment

• Exposed would be to strong of a word, but there are holes in Nonito's game.

To expose you would have to not only make the flaws apparent you have to exploit them and Narvaez certainly didn't exploit them.

Comment

How are these fights comparable. Would a better version of Baldomir beat Floyd~ no, he showed no real stylistic issue. Could a better version of Narvaez give Nonito issues, possibly~
                  it is comparable becuase certain fighters are made to make other great fighters look bad....and they could'not do nohting about it...

in nonito's case, a proven good fighter made him look bad ( altho it was a shut out) , in floyd's case it was a flash in the pan , lineal on paper bum who made him look bad....

Comment

You have to understand something, when looking at a prize fighter what can the guy do. What Narvaez did is not impossible to overcome and look good.

If he is not able or unwilling to do what that takes then you have to look at that, in this fight it didn't cost him in the future it may~

Understand that~
                    I noticed that at round 11, Donaire's hand was both down while forwardly dancing ala-Jamaican to make Narvaez hit him but to no avail and yes it is Donaire's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      Where did he ever have the opportunity to fight in close, again Narvarez was not only overly defensive, he was also on the move. I'll wait before I can make that judgement, 'Donaire not being a good inside fighter.
                      Cut down the ring, be physical it isn't rocket science there is only so much one can run in a ring~. Now that really isn't him but if he isn't going to do it in this situation where it really called for it and he has advantages how is he going to do it in the future?

I am telling you if he was capable he would have beat the fuck out of Narvaez because Narvaez was not going to be able to stop that he was ready to stop one way the way Nonito always does things.

Comment

Working...
                      X