No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Floyd looked fine, but Floyd couldn't hurt Baldomir with a pipe and coasted to a win. Floyd did work on Baldomir the first half of the fight then coasted to an easy win, and Baldomir could do nothing about it hence the ending was very anticlimactic.

Why are you bringing up criticism have you not watched the fight, if you are bring up a fight bring specific details not some bullshit~

Jesus Chavez, wow Floyd beat the fuck out of that dude. Lederman had the fight even (or even up I forget) and his corner stopped it because he was taking way to much punishment. Real close fight though~

Bring up a fight you have seen not something you have just heard about
    that is the same case with nonito ...he came in with a shutout win but not looking good altho it was still a shut out...same with floyd vs baldomir....

with chvaez , again youre exagerratin with beating the **** out of him comment"..the fght was close as **** before the corner stoppage...we can be fans and criticise fighters equally man base on facts not based on nuthuggery like what you based you opinions on...

Comment

• Narvaez did what he had to do to not end up on a highlight reel, can not blame him. No way he would outmuscle and beat up the bigger Donaire. What bothered me was Donaire threw basically the same punches over and over. I would have expected him to man handle Narvaez to be honest, he is smaller and isn't known to be a big puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
        that is the same case with nonito ...he came in with a shutout win but not looking good altho it was still a shut out...same with floyd vs baldomir....

with chvaez , again youre exagerratin with beating the **** out of him comment"..the fght was close as **** before the corner stoppage...we can be fans and criticise fighters equally man base on facts not based on nuthuggery like what you based you opinions on...
        It isn't the same at all. Baldomir didn't stop Floyd from doing his thing, Floyd did his thing did good work the first half of the fight and coasted. Nonito got his style spoiled and had no answer other than just doing the same thing again and again. Completely different.

He beat the shit out of Jesus Chavez, badly it wasn't that close. Chavez is a good fighter, gave his all and did a bit of work on Floyd but he got fucked up by Floyd bad.

Look in the mirror if you are looking for someone to criticize with that garbage~

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
          nonito was 116. 25 and rehaydrated to 130...thats about 14 lbs...do you think narvaez never rehydrated after the official weight in when facts is h was heavier than nonito?....

sh11t, the klitschos are like a foot taller than everyone else and are way bigger guys , whats your complain with them?....
          yup that is true, imho this fight even showed that Nonito could not bum rush everybody and its good that his team is taking his climb in weight step by step...

Comment

• I wouldn't say expose, rather than shown some of Nonito's holes. That said, he is still the best in his division and probably 122 lbs when he does move up.

Comment

• the fight only showed that Nonito can not knockout everybody specially all defensive fighter with almost no offense...

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie_monster View Post
                I wouldn't say expose, rather than shown some of Nonito's holes. That said, he is still the best in his division and probably 122 lbs when he does move up.
                What holes are you talkin' about ?

Nonito has weaknesses, but, i don't think it showed tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                  What holes are you talkin' about ?

Nonito has weaknesses, but, i don't think it showed tonight.
                  To me the fact that he basically threw the same type of punches when he could have man handled Narvaez. Narvaez was the smaller guy with less power, I didn't understand why Nonito didn't mix up his punches and really tried to touch him up at different angles. I'm not sure about calling it "shown some holes" either, but it sort of showed that with a good defense you can last against Donaire. Before this fight everyone was expecting an early KO but it didn't happen. Just shows Donaire is normal I guess. Tonight definitely did not show any REAL weakness of Donaire

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie_monster View Post
                    To me the fact that he basically threw the same type of punches when he could have man handled Narvaez. Narvaez was the smaller guy with less power, I didn't understand why Nonito didn't mix up his punches and really tried to touch him up at different angles. I'm not sure about calling it "shown some holes" either, but it sort of showed that with a good defense you can last against Donaire. Before this fight everyone was expecting an early KO but it didn't happen. Just shows Donaire is normal I guess. Tonight definitely did not show any REAL weakness of Donaire
                    Like I've mentioned in other threads re this fight... It's kind of difficult to throw hooks and uppercuts and attack from different angles when the guy is a) keeping a high guard the entire time and b) kept moving away.

See, when a fighter just wants to defend and run away, it's really difficult to mix it up. You're simply left with a few options. And Nonito simply took what he was given, which wasn't much.

I agree with you to a certain extent, I also thought Nonito could've pressed the action a lil more, knowing full well Narvaez was just out to play defense.

But, would us fans have been more satisfied because Nonito applied more pressure, but, the same result, no ko's and a guy just hell bent on curling up and running away ?

I mean, look at how much flak the PAC - Clottey got. PAC did everything he could, threw punches all night long, and fans to this day still heavily criticize that fight.

Fighting scared fools is a no win situation PERIOD

Comment

• Regardless of who didn't do this or who didn't do that...its hard to look impressive against a guy who didn't come to win.

I don't remember the last time a guy looked good against Winky or say a Sturm. When a guy relies on that much defense and have next to no regard for winning or even landing much impossible to showcase ur explosive talent.

Nonito didn't get exposed...he showed us what he does to guys that actually come to fight...Montiel and Vic D both were top notch fighters with two different styles but both came to fight and got starched.

Comment

Working...
                      X