Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would've loved it if he mixed it up with some good offense but that was not the case...it was all defense and it got soo annoying...

Comment

• he should fight brawlers like Arce. That suits his style more.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
        it is comparable becuase certain fighters are made to make other great fighters look bad....and they could'not do nohting about it...

in nonito's case, a proven good fighter made him look bad ( altho it was a shut out) , in floyd's case it was a flash in the pan , lineal on paper bum who made him look bad....
        Baldomir didn't make Floyd look bad Floyd beat his ass for six rounds until he hurt his hand and said fuck it and coasted to a decision because he knew he wasn't knocking him out.

Nonito couldn't open up a guy that was doing nothing to really stop him if he was willing to get outside his box.

Completely different situations~ a foolish comparison

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Cut down the ring, be physical it isn't rocket science there is only so much one can run in a ring~. Now that really isn't him but if he isn't going to do it in this situation where it really called for it and he has advantages how is he going to do it in the future?

I am telling you if he was capable he would have beat the fuck out of Narvaez because Narvaez was not going to be able to stop that he was ready to stop one way the way Nonito always does things.
          again , why could'nt floyd look good vs a bum when it should've have easily done with cuttting the ring , open up combos and get the hell out of the range ...why could'nt floyd dod so?.....

baldomir was not a zelda maze but still floyd did not look good.....

Comment

Cut down the ring, be physical it isn't rocket science there is only so much one can run in a ring~. Now that really isn't him but if he isn't going to do it in this situation where it really called for it and he has advantages how is he going to do it in the future?

I am telling you if he was capable he would have beat the fuck out of Narvaez because Narvaez was not going to be able to stop that he was ready to stop one way the way Nonito always does things.
            That only would have resulted in Donaire looking wild, Garcia told him to "Calm down, relax, don't get wild". If you watch Narvaez's fight against Cesar Seda, Seda, a big tall southpaw felt for the same trap, Narvaez made him lunge in alot, look wild, and as a result he kept getting countered; ended up losing. It's not an easy style to deal with man, and Seda had the capabilities to easily win that fight but he ended up getting impatient (Sort of like Donaire did in the 1st 3 rounds).

Comment

• Originally posted by led View Post
              I noticed that at round 11, Donaire's hand was both down while forwardly dancing ala-Jamaican to make Narvaez hit him but to no avail and yes it is Donaire's fault.
              If you are relying on the other guy to throw to open him up then yea that is an issue, good offense really opens a guy up whether he wants it or not.

Nonito is excellent at what he does but he certainly isn't a complete fighter but he can certainly do big things on what he is good at.

Comment

again , why could'nt floyd look good vs a bum when it should've have easily done with cuttting the ring , open up combos and get the hell out of the range ...why could'nt floyd dod so?.....

My thing is, once Baldomir showed how durable he was against the much bigger Forrest, people should have an understanding of why Floyd fought the way he did. He took the victory the easiest way possible.

Here is a HL,

Comment

Baldomir didn't make Floyd look bad Floyd beat his ass for six rounds until he hurt his hand and said fuck it and coasted to a decision because he knew he wasn't knocking him out.

Nonito couldn't open up a guy that was doing nothing to really stop him if he was willing to get outside his box.

Completely different situations~ a foolish comparison
                  baldomir did not make floyd look bad?... , i think thats a nuthuggery talkng there...people were leaving in that fight and floyd was crtiticised for being boring and could'nt showcase his supposedly gladiatoresque performance and he did not look bad?...gtfoh..

Comment

Floyd beat the brakes off Baldomir compared to what Nonito did~.

They are completely different fights.

Nonito is way bigger had every advantage and fought a guy being defensive which should have allowed him to do what it takes to look impressive, if he was up to the task he wasn't either by choice or lack of ability but it really doesn't matter because the end result is the same. He was sitting and waiting on a guy not punching to punch, instead of doing the work to open him up.

Floyd is smaller than Baldomir and really did work on him for six rounds. Floyd then hurt his hand and knew he wasn't going to hurt him so played out the string. Bladomir isn't defensive and while frustrated he was always there just to slow to do anything about it. Floyd did his thing~

Come with a better comparison or get off my ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      That only would have resulted in Donaire looking wild, Garcia told him to "Calm down, relax, don't get wild". If you watch Narvaez's fight against Cesar Seda, Seda, a big tall southpaw felt for the same trap, Narvaez made him lunge in alot, look wild, and as a result he kept getting countered; ended up losing. It's not an easy style to deal with man, and Seda had the capabilities to easily win that fight but he ended up getting impatient (Sort of like Donaire did in the 1st 3 rounds).
                      He needed to do something different, yes he needed to stay calm but doing the same bullshit was going to end in the same result and he really did nothing about it.

If in a fight where a guy has all the advantages and doesn't really do the instinctual changes they will never come, if I am wrong I am wrong but to me a spade is a spade.

Sure he got an easy win which is the important part, but taking stock of how he fared with that style he passed because he got the outworking part down but he had certain issues which could come up in the future but who knows if those issues will cost him a win. Just something to think about really.

Comment

Working...
                      X