Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choose 1 ATG to punish FMJ brutally that you trust would get the job done guaranteed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
    Dunn,

Floyd's speed is because of his exceptional timing. Maybe you haven't noticed that.

A buch of boxers can be arguably be at par or exceed Floyd in speed alone (ie; Pac, Khan), but compare their timing with Floyd, they don't come close.

But of course I get it, Floyd is unbeatable in fantasy fights.
    for a good dude that is such a tired cliche.floyd is unbeatable in fantasy fights. how about some critical analysis?

Tamis i think floyd wins most of these fights because he is intelligent and only cares about winning. SRL has a detached retina from hearns and a loss to duran because he decided he was going to beat them at their own game. Admirable but stupid.

floyd wont trade with hearns and wont try to fight duran like SRL did the 1st time. Rather than cliches how about pointing out that floyd ALWAYS controls the pace of the fight. I mean if we are discussing fantasy fights as real fans shouldn't we at least talk about the real fighters? How in the hell does hearns ever hit floyd?

Im not disagreeing with the opinion if hearns hits floyd like he did duran/cuevas or like shane hit him that floyd doesn't go to sleep. I'm asking why do all of you think floyd would fight Hearns stupidly and put himself in a position to get caught?

I will take floyd's in ring intelligence over any fighter I have seen fight. No floyd isn't going to take punishment like Ali or SRL,he doesn't have power at 147, etc etc. But he ALWAYS has ability to control the fight.

SO if you have to fight his fight, how do you beat floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      how does floyd deal with the FACT that he never fought anyone like those guys?

negative for floyd, no like competition.

positive for floyd, he's looked superb against far lesser competition. but not better against his subpar contemporaries.
      Walt:

They may take more punishment and hit harder but are they smart enough? I will take floyd's ability to out think his opponent and control the fight. Obviously if Hearns catches him floyd goes sleep. But what if that doesn't happen?

Floyd to his credit only cares about winning the fight while those guys care about how the fight is won, which puts them in a position to lose. I don't know how he deals with each guy, but I believe he would make the necessary preparations.

People forget floyd never comes in out of shape or having not fully analyzed his opponent.

Comment

• Duran, Hearns, and Leonard....

Any one of them at their primes is guaranteed a KO victory!

Comment

• There are plenty of guys that could get the job done, but some of them like Duran and Hearns have obvious weaknesses that could be exploited, Hearns lost most of his big fights for a reason, now it is a question if Floyd could truly exploit Hearns weakness but Floyd is good at fighting inside so it is not completely out of the question either. Duran is the same way except his weaknesses fit in much more with what people think of Floyd is capable of. It doesn't mean Floyd wins both fight or both guys win easily they just aren't that sure of a thing.

Sugar Ray Leonard would be the toughest for Floyd to deal with because he doesn't have an obvious weakness to exploit and Floyd spoiling plan is only likely to make Leonard reach deeper into his bag. Ray Leonard is as versatile as Floyd all be it in a different way and way bigger, so really Floyd would have nothing to hang his hat on, if a guy has a weakness Floyd will try and exploit it and most likely have some success no matter how great they are, but a guy he can't really do that with he could no deal because he has never seen that situation (Ray Robinson even though they fight way different would work also but most people don't have really any clue about him so it is simpler to depict the issue with Leonard).

So Ray Leonard all day everyday.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-21-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
            Ummm I'm not sure ir you're being serious here or night. Clearly no punch Floyd throws is that huge, but Floyd has one of the best counter right hands in boxing, are you delusional?
            When did i say he wasnt a great counterpuncher? That wasnt my point at all. Im saying, Leonard didnt just throw counter punches while sitting on the ropes like Floyd does. He threw power punches as Duran rushed him. Something Floyd doesnt do.
            The reason Leonard was able to beat Duran wasnt just counter punching with single shots like Floyd does. Leonard had to hammer Duran everytime he was rushed.

I dont think Floyd had the power to keep Duran off. Plus Leonard smothered Duran, and was constantly moving which again isnt something Floyd does.

Comment

• "Leonard fought stupid and uncharacteristically fought Duran's fight in the first fight. In the second fight, he fought his fight and dominated"

Will this myth ever end?

Comment

• only fighter i can think of is tommy hearns
                by ko

other than that close fights would be
                pernell
                tito 147
                taszyu 140
                duran 135

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  "Leonard fought stupid and uncharacteristically fought Duran's fight in the first fight. In the second fight, he fought his fight and dominated"

Will this myth ever end?
                  How would you explain it? I'm curious because I tend to agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    "Leonard fought stupid and uncharacteristically fought Duran's fight in the first fight. In the second fight, he fought his fight and dominated"

Will this myth ever end?
                    No it won't, it's a myth. It pissed me off more that people think Leonard dominated the second fight then it does that Leonard fought Duran's fight in the first.

Comment

• SEe my response to irondanhamza.

Comment

Working...
                      X