Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez "Im confident the Mayweather fight will be finalized in a few weeks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Excellent post. And who has Barker fought? Or Williams? Williams got exposed by Lara. Martinez hasn't proven anything yet because he hasn't fought elite competition. Now Floyd sees this Barker with 20 something fights who's never fought an elite fighter before bust up Martinez and make him look like slaughtered meat and now he wants the fight.

All of Mannys opponents are legends and have proven themselves and fought elite competition. Floyd has always avoided the best and now hes getting old and fighting nobodies because he is losing reflexes and speed.

And he cherry picked Ortiz and that backfired on him because Ortiz was landing bombs with each passing round. He took the first way out of the fight with the sucker punch. In the 4th round Ortiz landed 2 huge shots that sent him flying to the ropes.

This fight doesn't mean anything. joke of a fight *yawnn*

Williams was "the most avoided man on earth" prior to Martinez. After Martinez, he is a scrub. Pavlik was a beast prior to Martinez, after Martinez he quits boxing. Cintron was a top boxer before Martinez, now he is a scrub. Dzinziruk had never been dropped in an amateur or professional fight, Martinez dropped him 5 times. Barker had never lost in his career and was highly underestimated by everyone...Martinez KO's him.

All I can say is keep Pac out of the ring with Martinez unless you want Manny to get wrecked (I'm a big Pac fan too). They won't fight Martinez at 154 for a reason, they (Floyd and Pac) need to drain him to the limits in order to even have a chance. Dude hasn't made anything less than 154 since 2001, almost 11 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      I am begging Floyd 154 or up. If you do this at 150 I can't defend this fight. It would be hypocritical of me and many others onthis board. 150 PERIOD.
      i see where ur coming from but to be fair it was sergio who offered the catch-weight not floyd. floyd would just be agreeing to it. thats if the fight even happens

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
        I'm pretty sure he'll fight at 154, Floyd has always dissed catch weights.
        What happened in the Marquez fight?

Comment

Son you might wanna chill with your hate or you'll be the next victim to end up disappearing off NSB once its over

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            What happened in the Marquez fight?
            There was actually no catch weight, contracts were changed lol

Comment

Floyd would get mad credit for not only taking this fight but also if he comes out victorious. 155 or 156 is a weight I see them agreeing to.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Williams was "the most avoided man on earth" prior to Martinez. After Martinez, he is a scrub. Pavlik was a beast prior to Martinez, after Martinez he quits boxing. Cintron was a top boxer before Martinez, now he is a scrub. Dzinziruk had never been dropped in an amateur or professional fight, Martinez dropped him 5 times. Barker had never lost in his career and was highly underestimated by everyone...Martinez KO's him.

All I can say is keep Pac out of the ring with Martinez unless you want Manny to get wrecked (I'm a big Pac fan too). They won't fight Martinez at 154 for a reason, they (Floyd and Pac) need to drain him to the limits in order to even have a chance. Dude hasn't made anything less than 154 since 2001, almost 11 years ago.
                Barker never lost because he spent most of his career below European level.

He wasn't underestimated he was judged fairly on the basis he has fought literally bums his entire career and has even been dropped mutiple times by some of them.

Plus, his sole fight since his lay-off was against Euro level Spada and he looked average.

Just because he didn't look as terrible as everyone was expecting and won rounds against Martinez doesn't mean he was underestimating it means Sergio might not be as unbeatable as most think.

Comment

I still have my doubts.. I really don't see Floyd taking this fight. If he does all credit to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    It's posts like this that make me not even want to post on this forum anymore.
                    Dont blame ya

Comment

it wouldn't surprise me if they announce the fight around the time pacquiao fights, so floyd would try to outdo him.

Comment

Working...
                      X