Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets look back at Mosley did "very well" against Manny.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he ran pretty well......

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Lol @ you somehow rationalizing to yourself thinking Pacman is 'not special'. Hahahahahaha!

Maybe you don't get the concept that a fighter can get better as he ages, kinda like Mayweather can't. That's part of improving and maturing in athletics. It happens all the time in boxing. Maybe you will be convinced when Manny knocks out Marquez this time around? Yes?
      Maybe he just finds it odd that a fighter can get faster and stronger in his 30s. Name one boxer who ever went up in weight into his 30s and showed significant strength and endurance gains. All the greats slowed down when as they got older. I'm sorry but you just don't "mature" out of the blue when you hit 30.

Comment

Manny was looking like **** in that fight he was obviously frustrated and was winning rounds by default meaning neither fighter were landing but Manny was the aggressor

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          he ran pretty well......
          how dare Mosley move when Manny throws a punch and not blocking punches with his face that's NO FAIR

Comment

He did a good job nullifying Pacquiao, but he had to sacrifice his own entire offense to pull it off. If a half-decent fighter comes into a fight with the mentality that they justwant to hear the final bell, they can make virtually anyone look bad.

Btw, Mayweather would be a totally different beast because he wouldn't just be trying to escape Pac, he'd be setting up traps and scoring points on the back foot.

Comment

The problem is, surviving with Pac and not doing anything to win is considered doing well.

It's sad that a man is on the back foot barely throwing anything and he did well. The point is to outpunch or KO your opponent and win, not back pedal to losing more or elss 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                He did a good job nullifying Pacquiao, but he had to sacrifice his own entire offense to pull it off. If a half-decent fighter comes into a fight with the mentality that they justwant to hear the final bell, they can make virtually anyone look bad.

Btw, Mayweather would be a totally different beast because he wouldn't just be trying to escape Pac, he'd be setting up traps and scoring points on the back foot.
                It is true that Mayweather would do better, but Pac would also hit Mayweather if Mayweather went into range. In fact a lot of what Floyd does now when he connects isn't on the back foot, he is stationary.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  Maybe he just finds it odd that a fighter can get faster and stronger in his 30s. Name one boxer who ever went up in weight into his 30s and showed significant strength and endurance gains. All the greats slowed down when as they got older. I'm sorry but you just don't "mature" out of the blue when you hit 30.
                  Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                    What you did was take my statement out of context so that you could seem like you had something to say.

If anyone read what I wrote, I said that Mosley exposed Pacquiao. Shane in no way came close to winning and that was written. Mosley, like Clottey, showed that a solid defense and not standing and trading with Pacquiao FORCED Pacquiao to make mistakes that a better boxer could take advantage of.

As far as Marquez goes, most honest boxing fans had Marquez winning both fights. Its sounds good when you say that Marquez got knocked down 4 times in 24 rounds, but in truth Marquez outboxed the **** out of Manny to get that draw. He won just about 10 out of the 12 remaining rounds in the first fight. So yeah I'd say that's a hell of a blueprint.

Marquez did better in the second fight than he did in the first and got a loss! Manny knew he lost. That why he broke down like a b!tch when they announced the winner. Did you even see the fight or did you watch YouTube clips?

It amazes me that you think that someone who has been knocked out twice by D fighters and outboxed by a C fighter is special.

No need to even get in depth with a dingleberry like Lean On Me. He's clearly one of the members of this site whose feelings I've hurt in the past. He can make new accounts, but his tampon strings still show.

Its a dead giveaway.
                    There is no expose Pac at all. If you fight on the back foot and hit Pacquiao less than you hit Mayweather, then there is a serious issue here. You got shook and ran.

Do you box at all? If ANYONE boxes, then they will know keeping a distance and not throwing anything is not the same as keeping a distance and coming back to throw a punch.

I assume you don't box a damn.

To even say Pac was exposed is silly. If Mosely one a few rounds then OK.

Also at the people saying there are better boxers who can box off the back foot and expose Pac by hitting him. No one, and that includes Mayweather is backpedalling and hitting Pac without getting hit.

Mayweather doesn;t back pedal and hit, he back pedals and counters at times, but most of it he actually settles down on the ropes or middle of the ring and connects.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X