Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Scully: Mayweather Is Special, He beats Pacquiao..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    Thanks for the compliment!

But I think that it will be worse for Pacquiao against Floyd much more so than it was against Marquez II.

Why?

He controls the tempo and the distance of a fight.

Pacquiao won't have a dance partner. He will be alone in the jungle while the hunter snipes at him from safe positions.

That .. is the sweet science.
    That's all you needed to say. Why do this people think Floyd is going to stand still and trade punches with Pac? If the fight happens its gonna be a technical slow fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      Debatable. But Me > You.

That's fact.

DEBATABLE ?!

BUT WHO THE HELL YOU THINK YOU ARE ?

JOHN SCULLY IS A REAL BOXING TRAINER AND YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN UNKNOWN BUM FROM THE THIRD-WORLD PHILIPPINES

YOU THINK YOU ARE BIGGER THAN LIFE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A COMPUTER AND YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT TO GET ATTENTION

Comment

• Even John Scully Knows The PED Accusations Is Bullshiet!

Comment

• Put it this way, if Pacquiao has a bad performance VS JMM then Maywetaher beats him. In fact I would put ym money on Mayweather trying to make that fight straight up if that happens. Mayweather needs to see weaknesses but picks his opponents carefully when they are looking better. Bradley said it best, Mayweathe ris scared to fight Pac, but will beat him. Mayweather needs confidence, he is insecure. He hates anyone saying Pac to him.

Don't get me wrong, Pac hasn't had guys who look 100% great too.

If Mayweather fiughts Pac the way he did Ortiz, he is getting hurt. You don't stand on the ropes VS Pac and just backpedal straight. Mayweather didn;t use that much lateral movement and thus he got caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
            Put it this way, if Pacquiao has a bad performance VS JMM then Maywetaher beats him. In fact I would put ym money on Mayweather trying to make that fight straight up if that happens. Mayweather needs to see weaknesses but picks his opponents carefully when they are looking better. Bradley said it best, Mayweathe ris scared to fight Pac, but will beat him. Mayweather needs confidence, he is insecure. He hates anyone saying Pac to him.

If Mayweather fiughts Pac the way he did Ortiz, he is getting hurt. You don't stand on the ropes VS Pac and just backpedal straight. Mayweather didn;t use that much lateral movement and thus he got caught.
            respectable answer, hope to see more poster of your ilk bro...

Comment

• How come John Scully NEVER MENTION the name Floyd Mayweather Jr in his
              Biofile:
              http://icemanjohnscully.com/biofile.htm
              Favorite Boxers To Watch: Muhammad Ali, Tommy Hearns, Nino LaRocca, Aaron Pryor. LaRocca was called "The Italian Ali." He was a welterweight back in the 80's that boxed a lot like Cassius Clay did against Sonny Liston. I also liked watching Tommy Hearns because not only did he put sharp, strong punches together extremely well but he was also a guy who, in his prime, could change a fight with one shot, just like that, in the blink of an eye. I admire him because he always, always came to fight as hard as he could but it did it with great skill.

Favorite Fights: Ali-Frazier 3, in Manila. Arguello-Pryor in Miami. The first Leonard-Hearns fight back in 1981 out in Las Vegas. I also actually loved my fight with Alphonso Bailey on USA Tuesday Night Fights, it's the only one of my fights that I have watched more than a few times because there was some very good back and forth action in it.

Man you gotta be HONEST...no need quacking.

Comment

• I'd have to agree that FMJ is a special fighter, I really thought that he could beat Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Martinez and the Pacman but he just keep ducking these guys, opting to fight them with his loudmouth. Pacman can never be accused of such for he fights whoever is put by his promoter in front of him.

Comment

• I think the general consensus of opinion is that Floyd could do very well against Pac. But i think the world will be shocked by the outcome. I think Pac will dominate in a competive and awkward fight.

Hatton gave Floyd a competive fight, even with the ref against him. Pac is by far superior to Hatton, and i think Floyd has been blagging it for a long time now, fooling people and himself, and lucky to not get exposed.

A bit similar to Fedor in MMA. I think time has moved on but i think Floyd hasnt improved but is what he was, whereas he has been surpassed. I think when Floyd said Pac was p4pno2 all those years back, Floyd already thought Pac was the best. And Pac has got better since then.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 10-18-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                    Put it this way, if Pacquiao has a bad performance VS JMM then Maywetaher beats him. In fact I would put ym money on Mayweather trying to make that fight straight up if that happens. Mayweather needs to see weaknesses but picks his opponents carefully when they are looking better. Bradley said it best, Mayweathe ris scared to fight Pac, but will beat him. Mayweather needs confidence, he is insecure. He hates anyone saying Pac to him.

Green K for giving a respectful answer

and your GoT avy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I think the general consensus of opinion is that Floyd could do very well against Pac. But i think the world will be shocked by the outcome. I think Pac will dominate in a competive and awkward fight.

Hatton gave Floyd a competive fight, even with the ref against him. Pac is by far superior to Hatton, and i think Floyd has been blagging it for a long time now, fooling people and himself, and lucky to not get exposed.

A bit similar to Fedor in MMA. I think time has moved on but i think Floyd hasnt improved but is what he was, whereas he has been surpassed. I think when Floyd said Pac was p4pno2 all those years back, Floyd already thought Pac was the best. And Pac has got better since then.
                      How is it possible to dominate in a competitive fight?

Hatton did ok because he was a good pressure fighter. Pac does not fight like that, he is not a pressure fighter. And if he tried to become a pressure fighter like Hatton to have success against Floyd he will get punished for it worse than Hatton did.

Pac likes to stand his ground and trade, that won't happen if he fights Floyd because Floyd likes to keep it at range and pot shot. Now if pac could get Floyd against the ropes like Ortiz tried to do I see that as his only way of landing anything but unfortunately for pac and his fans I don't see that happening. Manny, doesn't have the footwork to do it and he doesn't have the physical strength to man handle Floyd like Ortiz had.

In my opinion its not a close fight, not a 50/50 fight. I'd say more like 70/30 in Mayweathers favour. I just can't see him ever losing to a smaller fighter with shorter reach. Pac has fight changing power and that's why he gets a 30 percent chance. If he had no power he would be no different than Paulie Malignaggi.

Comment

Working...
                      X