Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Stops Hopkins, Freak Ending in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garbage. Hopkins always brags about how much of a tough guy he is from Philly, but he couldn't survive a little fall. Ca mon, I am completely out of shape and I've fallen worse than that and got up right away/ Joke. I want to see if Hopkins has the nerve to ask for a rematch.

Who in their right mind would watch Hopkins again?

Comment

Well at least we will never again hear a hopkins fan talk about Vitali being a quitter or talk about Lennox winning a TKO over Vitali...since Bhop hurt his shoulder and didnt try and in the same building got screwed with a TKO loss when it at best was a TD or DQ

Comment

F**k Bernard Hopkins. I respect what he's been able to do in the ring, he's an ATG...but f**k Hopkins!!!

It should have been a NC, but Dawson didn't throw him down to end the fight, bulls**t! Hopkins was on top of Dawson and he threw him off.

I am in no position to say Hopkins was faking or not, but it sure as hell looked like he could have gotten up and fought. If Hopkins is the warrior he says he is, get the f**k up and fight. Dawson is right about that, but it shouldn't have been a TKO. It should have been a NC.

Hopkins looked like crap the first 2 rounds. Dawson didn't do anything big or spectacular, but I HAVE NO DOUBT he would have won the fight. Hopkins would school Dawson in his prime, but Bernard looked slow and unable to do anything. He would lead with a straight right that would miss, and than try to wrestle Dawson, and even attempted to climb on his back. Hopkins looked like crap.

Hopkisn could have continued.

Comment

What a bunch of bull. TKO when Dawson picks him up and throws him down? **** is sad. They need to reverse that decision.

Comment

Bad acting by Bhop! He needs to retire!

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
              Haha, Hopkins quit. He did the same thing with Robert Allen in the first fight. Hopkins is garbage, retire you racist old man.
              You took the words right out of my mouth, i didn't think that anyone remembered that Hopkins had done the very same thing before. That time, he said his shoulder was dislocated, but after a round or so he began using it as usual. He was trying to "sucker" Allen in with a fake injury. I know people who have had dislocated shoulders and it hurt a lot. I fell of my bike a few years back and did the same thing it hurt like hell. And it hurt worse putting it back in place. A guy couldn't box with a dislocated shoulder, not really.

It's long overdue that Hopkins was put out to grass, no more of his snarling persona, and self praise. I hope he doesn't try to make a claim for a No Contest, but he probably will. He
              tries everything.

Comment

lol @ $60 .....

Comment

1. Hopkins didn't quit, he told Max in the post fight interview that the referee asked him if he can continue, he replied "yes, I can", but he suffered a shoulder injury and the referee didn't allow him to continue with one arm.
                  2. That was a foul, so the result will be changed to a NC

Comment

If it doesn't come out that Hopkins severly hurt his shoulder then he needs to be criticized harshly. That wasn't even a big fall. He quit.

Comment

Wow just wow, that isn't a TKO and I don't believe hopkins is faking. There's been crazier injuries in sports over much smaller ****, we'll see a doctor's report Monday. That was a definite pushoff and anybody that doesn't see that is blind. Dawson planted his feet and used his weight to push hopkins off while Hop was unbalanced. Hopkins is 46 years old, a little bump that he could've taken when he was 26 may not go the same way 20 years later. Be as it may, another horrible night of boxing. On another note, what evidence did you guys see that made you think Hopkins was about to get his ass whipped and wanted a way out of the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X