No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale's Chin Tested By Wilczewski, Wins EBU Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    You must be ******ed. You're basically saying experience doesnt count for anything. Andre Ward had a dodgy start to his career.
    Nah he did'int...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Nah he did'int...
      He was knocked down and hurt badly in one of his early fights.

Comment

lol that's your reason behind Ward didn't look good earlier on in his career?

I'm a DeGale fan but he's looked pure crap in his last 2 fights, simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post

lol that's your reason behind Ward didn't look good earlier on in his career?

I'm a DeGale fan but he's looked pure crap in his last 2 fights, simple as.
          No, just an example.

Didnt think he looked crap at all. He fought an experienced guy with 30 odd fights, got hit a few times but came through

Comment

He looked poor, he couldn't make a simple adjustment by putting his left hand up, you can't keep switching stances at a decent level, he was on queer street by a pretty feather fisted boxer, if he wants a world title shot in 2012, he's pretty much saying bye bye to his career.

Comment

Dirk makes a good point about Degale having only 12 fights.

Let's face it, he's very green at this point. You can clearly see it. He has alot to learn and fights like tonight will help him.

On the flipside, I don't think Degale has what it takes to be an elite fighter. I think he has potential but I don't think he is all that talented. I just don't see it.

We will see how it goes but as for tonight, well done to James Degale, although he had a tough fight with a fighter he shouldn't really be having tough fights with, he fought well, digged deep and pulled out a victory over a reasonably experienced fighter so well done and on to the next one.

Comment

But he fought threw it,and won that fight..Degale has a lil to learn and I hope he learns it..He seems to have balls and puts on some good fights,I wish him luck and hope to see him fight his way to a Championship..I really wonder if that is possible time will tell I guess...

Comment

How people can criticise a very inexperienced prospect like DeGale is beyond me. Within 12 fights he has fought Smith, Groves, and Wilczewski which makes his resume read better than 99% of prospects in boxing.

His craft and ring intelligence is obvious to behold. It's very raw at the moment, but a new trainer, and half a dozen fights against tough opposition like Wilczewski will tighten his arsenal up dramatically and would make him an incredibly difficult opponent to break down and beat over 12 rounds.

Nobody is saying he's a world beater right now, but he has all the gifts and physical tools to become one in the future...2013-2014 say!

Comment

Hard fights will either make him or break him, if he was fighting bums no one would question his talent so much. Wilczewski was just walking DeGale down and not allowing him to box, at times you could see DeGale's talent when he let his hands go.

It's good he's getting hit like this now, gives him time to tighten up before it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                    X