Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson is a **** for how he acted post fight. Hopkins was giving as good as he got, which was a bad sign for Chad considering Hopkins usually starts so slowly. I'll be happy when they hand Bernard his belt back when this is ruled a NC.

Comment

• Man people are ****** saying Chad just merely "Shrugged" him off and "didn't throw him" He grabbed his damn leg by the ankle and threw him this isn't wrestling or MMA you can't grab a guys foot in boxing and push him/throw him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate S. View Post
        Man people are ****** saying Chad just merely "Shrugged" him off and "didn't throw him" He grabbed his damn leg by the ankle and threw him this isn't wrestling or MMA you can't grab a guys foot in boxing and push him/throw him down.
        You must be blind if you think he grabbed his ankle. He stood up while Hopkins was leaning on him. His right hand was against his own body and his left hand touched behind Hop's leg for a split second but was never lifting him. He just stood up like when you do squats while Hop was leaning down on him. If Hop had pulled back his punch like you're supposed to, rather than leave it out to push down on Dawson's back none of this would've happened. It's a common tactic some fighters use to prevent the opponent from slipping/ducking a punch and coming up with a counter. You keep them down in the slip/duck position until the ref breaks it up. Floyd is actually a master of this. Watch what he does anytime someone tried to slip and duck him when he's throwing punches.
        Last edited by Chaos; 10-16-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• Hopkins-Dawson Throwdown + Post Fight Interviews :: "He threw me down, Max!"

Hey fellas, I uploaded the controversial ending and post fight interviews to my channel. What an unfortunate night regardless of whether you like Hopkins or not. It was an unfortunate night for the sport.

I also finished a Pacman-Marquez promo video some days ago and I would appreciate if you would check it out. Next videos coming up will be related to Cotto-Margarito II and a short documentary on their history leading up to the main fight on December 4th.

I appreciate all feedback and suggestions as I am looking to create an enjoyable boxing channel for fans.

- Low Blow Combos

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            And there you have it.

Now get this to be ruled a NC
            This is the only logical conclusion. Finally some common sense on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
              I dont know what to believe, i just dont know if faked or not. What i do know though is that it shouldnt be called a TKO but a no contest.
              I understand guys like Toney, guys that dont like Bernard, that he faked and i also understand the others who said it was real. They need to do it again. But now Hopkins needs recovery and rehab. Im verry verry disapointed, and Dawsons post fight interview was a big fail. Hes actually not interested in a rematch cause he knows it will propably never be so easy again to "beat" Bernard Hopkins. Im honest, i believe the injury. Hopkins would have beaten Dawson and Dawson already knew it in the second round thats why he became desperate and fouled Hopkins. Dawson aint ****!
              no bro dawson's post fight interview ain't a fail. it's an answer from a frustrated fighter who trained his azz off for the fight he's been waiting for a long time. like what u said bernard would probably go under rehab or some shet like that. it could affect dawson's mentality for training in that fight. why? if he beat hopkins in the rematch what more credit would he get? to be honest nothing. it's just gonna be that he beat an old man who just got of an injury. right? he gave it all for this fight so he can win and do bigger things like a rematch with pascal so he can erase that thorn. dawson got prepared for all the dirty tricks that bhop will do and he avoided and paid bhop some dirty tricks in return. to be honest this was karma for bhop.

Comment

• Crap like this is what is bad for boxing, Hopkins needs to retire.

I didn't have to pay for the fight, In Ireland it was free (thank god.)
                But I read on here people where paying 60 dollars PPV for this fight?

If thats the case, a refund should be given immediately or Hopkins needs to step down.
                That was absolutely ridiculous, My take is Dawson did nothing wrong.
                Hopkins was exaggerating, whether it was to deduct points, or whether he field it may go down to the scorecard and that he won the first round or something, I dunno......

But defiantly nothing was wrong with him and even if there was, then again he defiantly needs to hang them up. His body obviously isn't able for the sport.

Comment

• Hopkins should personally go to each and every single house that bought the PPV and give them free acting classes. That's the least he could do.

lol @ 5:22.. "he picked me up, max!":

Comment

• Believe it or not it did happen.

Comment

• Morons.

How did chad do nothing wrong? You cant throw people down in boxing. If chad didnt throw him down illegally (not saying with intent to hurt him but its still a foul) we would have seen a whole fight. So chad should be the one refunding money.

Comment

Working...
                      X