Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
    He threw a right hand, chad ducked it, and placed his head by Hopkins' waist, Then he picked him up an dropped him to the canvas. Are you blind? Seriously
    Nah...Hopkins went for the punch and grab(an illegal tactic BTW) was on his back(Illegal) and Dawson grabbed his leg and shoved him(IMO illegal). Of course you're seeing it from a fan boy eyes though. Which is fine, we just not going to agree.

Comment

• What a waste of training camp.
      Easy payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Nah...Hopkins went for the punch and grab(an illegal tactic BTW) was on his back(Illegal) and Dawson grabbed his leg and shoved him(IMO illegal). Of course you're seeing it from a fan boy eyes though. Which is fine, we just not going to agree.
        Where was the grab? He threw a punch, Dawson ducked, which is why Hopkins was on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
          BTW this is throwing someone down

That happened late in the fight, and he was trying to get Cotto DQ'd. It wasn't gonna work anyway, and any accidental injury would've resulted in going to the scorecard. That Cotto-Clottey ref was also a good one. He actually was yelling at Clottey to be a man and get up, and finish the fight, and he did. This ref didn't do that apparently. And he might've even given B-Hop the wrong impression on what would happen if he doesn't continue.

This was only round 2. Trying to bail out or not, The Champ doesn't lose his Titles in 2 rounds unless it's a self-inflicting wound (I.E. I twisted my ankle, can't continue). He got slammed, fake or no fake, NO CONTEST.

Then let the court of opinion take care of it.

Comment

• All parties lost in this fight, but mainly the fans did.

Look it was an accidental foul, period. Everyone that bought the PPV got the commentary from all of the HBO staff who were all in agreement that this should have been a no contest and it will be overturned.

You really can't be mad at Chad or Hopkins, it was simply a freak accident. However, I do think Chad deserves heat for that disgrace of an interview and I can't wait to see Pascal beat him again.

And to those saying Hopkins was faking, what did Chad present that would make you think that? Hell Pascal looked way better in the early rounds of both fights, including knocking B-Hop down twice, but he didn't give up then. So why would he give up now?

This fight was bad for boxing, but really this forum makes me feel worse about boxing than any fight can because it makes me realize that most boxing are complete idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by $ jmoney 210 $ View Post
              if your gonna call it a tko dosent the ref have to count
              No, really. Depending on the circumstance. If there is no foul and a fighter is unable to continue cuz' of an injury. Then there it can be a TKO lose, and there would be no need to count.

Comment

• You guys are idiots.

Whether Hopkins hurt himself or not is irrelevant.

The point is, the Decision makes absolute no sense whatsoever .

A TKO cant be given after a take down like that.
                Only a TD, DQ or a No Contest.

He cant give a TD since it had not reached 4 rounds.
                Nor a DQ because idiot referee didnt tell Dawson off.

So it had to be a NC.

A TKO makes no sense in this scenario.

thats what i cant work out

Comment

• I knew Hop was going to lose when he came out with that bull****

Wat he say after the fight, he seen my outfit lol. Bernard you sounded mad old son

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Where was the grab? He threw a punch, Dawson ducked, which is why Hopkins was on top.
                    Fighters miss punches all the time without being on top of someones back. All the time. Just because your opponent duck a miss punch doesn't mean you automatically positions your self on a dude back.

But, whatever. If you feel that B-hop didn't do any foul and Dawson did a foul and B-Hop was robbed. Then so be it, I don't care. Because, I have no horse in this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      And, about the "foul". B-Hop is as much to blame for that as Dawson. It's kind of like the Cotto-Clottey situation. One jumps on the back of the opponent(B-Hop fan or not you must admit you not allowed to this), and the opponents shoves him off of him.

But, again if the ref saw no foul, then the TKO call was right. The thing here is that it's going to be an opinionated decision. It's going to come down to whether if people think it was a foul or not. And, also what was said during the Russell and B-Hop conversation.

I do feel instant replays in these type of situations would be great for boxing.
                      As I said. If Hopkins was indeed overplaying the situation, all of it will be cleared up once he goes to the Hospital to get tested. I'm sure the Commission will even demand scans of his shoulder for official records, and will make the results public.

Comment

Working...
                      X