Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Truth View Post
    anyone who is saying Hopkins is the bad guy in this situation is insane. Dawson threw Hopkins down like a body slam or shoulder block. Dawson is not a champion. This is not WWE, John Cena is not involved in this. Boxers when fights by punching, not slamming. This is bull****. Worst thing I've been apart of since watching this sport. BULL****! And its not Hopkins fault.
    This is not WWE and its also not Hollywood.

I would not be getting on Hopkins if he didnt have a history of over dramatizing situations ike this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      Chad had B.Hop's legs while he was in the air...**** you talking about?!?
      Hopkins was more than just leaning on Dawson though...he was getting full body-weight on him trying to take advantage of the situation so you can't blame Dawson for making it a little ruff...it's kinda Hopkins own fault he didn't have his feet solidly on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.J. II
        As unfortunate as it is, this decision will most likely be overturned, a rematch will be ordered, Hopkins will duck it and vacate the belts.

One last time, Bernard Hopkins is a coward. He deserves no respect for anything he has ever done in a boxing ring. Tonight, he showed his true colors. A white pussy.

I know you would come around.

As far as the Red part, that's just a knee-jerk reaction from a fool talking. Of course he deserves respect for everything he has done. One fight doesn't tarnish that. Sleep it off.

Comment

• Ppl keep saying he grabbed his leg

First off if you watch it, cause B-HOP JUMPED ON HIS BACK, Chad could easily flipped him over if he didn't grab his leg. That's why he grabbed it then he let go. B-hop didn't go down that hard. His ass and back hit the canvas

Comment

• Listen, I know most of you are ******ed anyways, but Hopkins didn't trip to the canvas. The man was lifted off of his feet by chad who wrapped his damn arm around his leg, took him off the canvass, and then drilled him to the canvas on his elbow, which caused the injury. A foul is a foul and it should have been called, and will be ruled a No contest. No contests are called for ACCIDENTAL headbutts, and other freak injuries that hurt a fighter let alone a blatant body slam.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.J. II
              As unfortunate as it is, this decision will most likely be overturned, a rematch will be ordered, Hopkins will duck it and vacate the belts.

One last time, Bernard Hopkins is a coward. He deserves no respect for anything he has ever done in a boxing ring. Tonight, he showed his true colors. A white pussy.

he's just old. Should have retired long ago. This is a huge problem in boxing. Ageing stars who should be 5 years into retirement getting big fights

Comment

• Originally posted by the dart View Post
                Fighters have fought with tougher things then a separated shoulder.If that really happened.U think Chico or gatti would act like that?He's a quitter he should retire.*** b hop the bully got bullied.I hope the dec stands
                Red K given.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  he's just old. Should have retired long ago. This is a huge problem in boxing. Ageing stars who should be 5 years into retirement getting big fights
                  He passed his physicals, and he is doing far better than Holyfield in his quest of becoming a World Champion again.

He had every right to still be fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                    Chad didn't throw down *****! B hop was on his back and Chad just shrugged him off. Chad didn't grab him or wrap his arms around him, he shrugged him off to get some space.

B hop wanted out and pulled a Cintron.
                    Dawson did grab Hop's leg, you can't deny that. I don't know what the ref was doing but I think he screwed hardcore.That being said I'm anticipating some medical confirmation soon whatever the outcome maybe it matters big time.

I can't be mad at Dawson though, you've got to fight fire with fire sometimes. I do want the rematch because Hopkins needs to vindicate himself in the minds of the people myself included.

Comment

• Originally posted by -EX- View Post
                      I don't even know what to say but Bernard disappointed me tonight...

If your a dirty fighter which Bernard knows he is, don't cry foul when the other guy gets dirty.........and it wasn't a real body slam either...

Worst of all, another bad night for boxing...well hopefully not too many were watching...
                      Props to you, man. Some of these other B-hop fans are letting emotions clouding their judgement.

Comment

Working...
                      X