Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    The Blacks are ruining boxing just show Hispanics, European, and asians
    Wow, you went there.

Comment

• I think its just pure coincidence. If it happens again in the next PPV then I'll start to wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Yes it should and will be reversed, but enough of the coming to Hopkins's defense crap. This was karma biting him in the ass finally, courtesy of Bad Chad Dawson.

I'm also sick of people acting like fights have never ended the way Mayweather-Ortiz and Dawson-Hopkins did. There's been far worse, those two fights are not signs that the sport is tanking. They are just two unfortunate outcomes close together.
        You forgot the Hernandez-Cunningham outcome (although it wasn't as high-profile). You're right, there have always been controversies in boxing, it's an unfortunate legacy of the sport. But the fact that these big fights have been ruined by terrible endings, back-to-back-to-back, is what delivers a real blow.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He did feel cheated. He was extremely angry after that fight.
        Maybe. But he had a funny way of showing it...jumping up on the ropes and going into a double-biceps pose, as if he were the conquering hero.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          You forgot the Hernandez-Cunningham outcome (although it wasn't as high-profile). You're right, there have always been controversies in boxing, it's an unfortunate legacy of the sport. But the fact that these big fights have been ruined by terrible endings, back-to-back-to-back, is what delivers a real blow.

Maybe. But he had a funny way of showing it...jumping up on the ropes and going into a double-biceps pose, as if he were the conquering hero.
          That fight was unbelievable. I swear that Hernandez's cornerman called the fight, I didn't see an active doctor and the cornerman seemed to have a long talk with the ref. He probably had a tip with respect to the scorecards too. I didn't read reports of the fight, just watched the tape, so I don't know if this is old news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            That fight was unbelievable. I swear that Hernandez's cornerman called the fight, I didn't see an active doctor and the cornerman seemed to have a long talk with the ref. He probably had a tip with respect to the scorecards too. I didn't read reports of the fight, just watched the tape, so I don't know if this is old news.
            It's been knocked around a lot. It's even been said that the ring doctor was openly cheering Hernandez from the stands earlier in the fight. lol (Don't know how true that is, but it sounds phony.) There's no doubt in my mind that Hernandez's corner thought it was a good idea to go to the cards early. There are certainly more than enough questions about the stoppage to warrant a rematch (which, by the way, has indeed been ordered by the IBF).

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              that chaos guy already got destroyed for his ridiculous views yesterday. give it up, let the hate in your heart go.
              Don't be upset with me cause you can't handle the fact that Hopkins is faker. I've got no problem with you I'm just annoyed with Hopkins' constant cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                No real champion could feel good about that "victory". Chad was quite capable of winning the title legitimately. If anything, Dawson should've felt cheated that he didn't have the chance to convincingly beat an ATG for all to see. They probably won't reverse the outcome, but I hope they do.
                That's exactly why he was so angry in the ring after the fight. He knew Hopkins was faking and didn't want the fight to end like that. However if the fight does end cause one side is faking injury, I see no problem in taking away their belt cause a real champion should never behave like that. Could you imagine Ali, Tyson, Foreman, Marciano, Duran, Hagler, SRR, SRL, Hearns even Pac or Floyd or any other all time great play acting the way Hopkins always does? A 46 year old man crying on the ground like a little girl trying to get a point deducted or his opponent disqualified is pathetic and shameful and how he has any fans beyond friends and family is beyond me.

Comment

• HOP wrestle with his body and arms and felt while using dirty tactics. IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, THEN DON'T PLAY WITH FIRE. The young lion got the old from his back, one that was hanging with his arms and body on him to rough him off, then felt lightly and started crying about an injury that I don't believe happen. He paid some Doc to back up his tactic to keep the title and it back fire. I hope the WBC read this loud and clear and don't allow this old coward to keep a title He was loosing injury or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaos View Post
                    That's exactly why he was so angry in the ring after the fight. He knew Hopkins was faking and didn't want the fight to end like that. However if the fight does end cause one side is faking injury, I see no problem in taking away their belt cause a real champion should never behave like that. Could you imagine Ali, Tyson, Foreman, Marciano, Duran, Hagler, SRR, SRL, Hearns even Pac or Floyd or any other all time great play acting the way Hopkins always does? A 46 year old man crying on the ground like a little girl trying to get a point deducted or his opponent disqualified is pathetic and shameful and how he has any fans beyond friends and family is beyond me.
                    It goes without saying (but I'm going to say it anyway lol) that, if Hopkins was faking injury to that degree, he deserves to lose his belt at the very least. But I don't believe Bernard was faking injury. I believe Hopkins was injured by the fall that Dawson caused by tackling him. Pictures of the hospital report confirming Bernard's dislocated shoulder have been making the rounds. I guess we'll know soon enough how legit those pics are. For now, here's a link: http://twitpic.com/7152sk.

Comment

• i don't believe hopkins' injury was fake but pascal fought on with a bad shoulder against diaconu so did mayweather against castillo and even audley harrison battled on and ended up stopping michael sprott so do i think hopkins could have continued maybe but i certainly won't blame him to much for opting out as he only had one arm to defend himself

dawson was however i believe on his way to giving hopkins real trouble and im not sure if bernard even with all the tricks he has up his sleeve would have been able to stop chad from beating him

it should have been ruled a no contest though it was technically an accidental foul

Comment

Working...
                      X