Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
    One of the problems is a lack of boxing gyms in America most of the information past down through over 100 years of fighting will probably be lost, as well as no TV coverage etc. The number of registered pro boxers in America has declined rapidly I remember reading that there were more registred boxers in New York during the 20's than there are in the whole of America today. I think the best way to describe it would be that the uptake for boxing per person in America is very low in comparrison to the past meaning a reduction in the talent pool. I wouldnt say that American boxers are now doing NFL/NBA they could be doing anything from working in a super market to being a **** star.
    The quote was "than in the whole world today".....

Comment

I doubt the average american wakes up in the morning in despair because they are not dominating the heavyweight division in fact id say with some confidence I doubt they give a ****.

And lets be honest nationalism is a fools pride does having a heavyweight champion who comes from the same chunk or rock as you make you some how feel superior?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
        Where am I at? What you think I have nothing else to do other than reading your BS all day? Bust my chops, ha, like you could, you give yourself too much credit, bro

So, what are those videos supposed to prove exactly? We don't know how good Helenius is yet, and fighters careers don't follow the same timeline in any case, so saying they're both 15-0 so Helenius should be doing the same things doesn't work, what are you trying to prove exactly, I ask you again? Oh, BTW, Helenius fights in a completely different way to Whiterspoon, him doing things differently is not surprising. The only way we would know who is actually better will be when we can compare their careers.

In the meantime, I'll ask you a simple question. Since according to you the videos are "undeniable proof, the skill difference is obvious to see and all that", are all the "experts" and boxers that thought Lacy was going to destroy Calzaghe before the fight, actually idiots, or does it mean just watching the videos doesn't mean as much as you're trying to make them out to be? And like Lacy, there are dozens of other examples of overrated fighters because they "looked good" on video, so yeah, your "talent" arguments that cannot be proven, can still kiss my ass
        First off we're talking about the heavyweight division. Second, not everyone thought Lacy was going to beat Calzaghe. Third, you completely ducked any kind of objective comparison because you know I have your ass in a sling here. Typical. I'd offer more video's, but it's obvious you're choosing to remain blind.

Comment

Who's crying? We will just show no interest in it. If more fighters start to drift to MMA or other sports in the lower division boxing will just follow soccer and just not be played by Americans. For all the **** people from other countries complain about Americans, if we leave boxing you will be losing the top country when it comes to athletics, training, and media. Think about it the next time you hope American fighters lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Who's crying? We will just show no interest in it. If more fighters start to drift to MMA or other sports in the lower division boxing will just follow soccer and just not be played by Americans. For all the **** people from other countries complain about Americans, if we leave boxing you will be losing the top country when it comes to athletics, training, and media. Think about it the next time you hope American fighters lose.
            Boxing is bigger than America always has been always will be might be hard for you to believe but it is the truth.

And what do you mean by if 'we' leave boxing? if thats you in the picture id say you left boxing and started eating a good while back.
            Last edited by -Lowkey-; 10-15-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              Boxing is bigger than America always has been always will be might be hard for you to believe but it is the truth.

And what do you mean by if 'we' leave boxing? if thats you in the picture id say you left boxing and started eating a good while back.
              Either you can't read or you're just ignorant. I never said anything about boxing not being bigger than America. I said that it would follow in the same footsteps as soccer. Americans would not participate in it and if that's the case the sport of boxing would certainly suffer since throughout the history of the sport Americans have held a landslide of dominance in the sport. For the quality of the sport you want Americans to partake in it. Of course boxing would survive without American athletes but without them the quality of athlete and competition clearly suffers. I'm not sure why I even gave you the time of day to explain it to someone so ignorant as yourself.

And yeah that's me, *****. Where are you?
              Last edited by Check; 10-15-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Poor comparison football is a growing sport in America, Boxing is if anything a declining sport in America.

There will always be good American boxers regardless but the days of ‘landslide domination’ are most defiantly over.

Oh and the little insult come on man you should have thicker skin than that dont be so touchy.
                Last edited by -Lowkey-; 10-15-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

It's a dead division and the Klitschko brothers are the product of that. That's just the sad reality.

Comment

Honestly Pirao, if you wanted to make this point for lower divisions, you can and you would be right. 140-180 pound men don't play in the NFL or NBA, their rise in those weight divisions is purely because they are every bit as good as any other country's fighters in those divisions.

But heavyweight is simply a crap division. Neither Wlad or Vitali should be blamed for it, but it's the truth. It's not the first time heavyweight has sucked, and it won't be the last, so there's no reason to pretend it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      Poor comparison football is a growing sport in America, Boxing is if anything a declining sport in America.

There will always be good American boxers regardless but the days of ‘landslide domination’ are most defiantly over.

Oh and the little insult come on man you should have thicker skin than that dont be so touchy.
                      And with America showing interest in soccer, isn't that a good thing? Certainly most would agree that the best trainers are here, best medicine/nutrition, and facilities are in the United States. I don't know why people from various nations get so offended by Americans. It's clearly a good thing when Americans are doing well. America is a wealthy nation and when they are going the spotlight is that much brighter. Yes, Americans are arrogant and it might be annoying but without them it certainly doesn't make a sport better, that is for sure.

I agree that America isn't going anywhere, just an example and I'm okay with not dominating. TBH, I love the fact that world class fighters come from all over the world. Not only is boxing a beautiful sport but you can learn a lot about different cultures from following the sport. The more nations that show interest in the sport, the better the competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X