Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“BELIEVE IT OR NOT” BLACK FIGHTERS DON’T DRAW! ,, (by Pedro Fernandez)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    sigh....this again?

13% of the US population is black, even if every single black person in america was supposed to think alike and supported every black figher....thats still 87% of the population unaccounted for.

nobody can sell tickets without support from white and hispanic fans, since those two groups comprise the majority of the population at this point.

if this notion of "black fighters cant draw" is even true.....then, to me, the next question should be: why is it so difficult for white and hispanic fans to attach themselves to black fighters? "styles"? latent racism? or what?
    coz most black american boxer today aint got balls

they just care about how to keep their 0's

to them 0 means more money :///

not all but most

Comment

Solution to this Problem?

A New BLACK BOXING PROMOTER! Someone who can't relate and sale to black people, someone that won't be afraid to go into those inner cities and Hip Hop/R&B Radio Stations and on BET and PROMOTE FIGHTS!

Think about it, when Don King had Tyson in his PRIME and was selling a ton of tickets and PPV's...THAT IS WHAT HE DID, he would go to Hip Hop Radio shows and Stations and SALE FIGHTS

Gary Shaw, DiBella, Oscar, Bob Arum...THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT!

So what you have is a UNTAPPED MARKET that people are afraid to try and shake up because they don't want to go to certain places and SHAKE THEM UP!

Mayweather is the only one that has been able to somewhat get the attention of that community...and what he did it was basically EMBEDDED HIMSELF INTO THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY and building up Friendships with MAJOR Hip Hop Artist who already have the EARS of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE...while the Oscar fight help elevate him...I would also say starting a Friendship up with 50 Cent who was one of the BIGGEST ARTIST IN THE WORLD around the time of the Oscar vs Mayweather fight...NO QUESTION THAT HELPED HIS STARDOM!

Tyson built up that same friendship with 2Pac from what I remember

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
        Solution to this Problem?

A New BLACK BOXING PROMOTER! Someone who can't relate and sale to black people, someone that won't be afraid to go into those inner cities and Hip Hop/R&B Radio Stations and on BET and PROMOTE FIGHTS!

Think about it, when Don King had Tyson in his PRIME and was selling a ton of tickets and PPV's...THAT IS WHAT HE DID, he would go to Hip Hop Radio shows and Stations and SALE FIGHTS

Gary Shaw, DiBella, Oscar, Bob Arum...THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT!

So what you have is a UNTAPPED MARKET that people are afraid to try and shake up because they don't want to go to certain places and SHAKE THEM UP!

Mayweather is the only one that has been able to somewhat get the attention of that community...and what he did it was basically EMBEDDED HIMSELF INTO THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY and building up Friendships with MAJOR Hip Hop Artist who already have the EARS of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE...while the Oscar fight help elevate him...I would also say starting a Friendship up with 50 Cent who was one of the BIGGEST ARTIST IN THE WORLD around the time of the Oscar vs Mayweather fight...NO QUESTION THAT HELPED HIS STARDOM!

Tyson built up that same friendship with 2Pac from what I remember
        al haymon does enough for them.Just the black people support them.
        Cuban fans are pretty bad at supporting there fighters also.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          al haymon does enough for them.Just the black people support them.
          Cuban fans are pretty bad at supporting there fighters also.
          How many times have you seen Al Haymon out promoting fights???...HELL MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HAYMON LOOK LIKE!!! lol

as for Cuban fans, what do you expect other then Miami, it is really no foundation for a Cuban fighter to build up a huge fan base

ALL FIGHTERS NEED MORE THEN JUST THEIR OWN to become a huge Draw though, Oscar, Tyson, they also had a lot of WHITE FANS, it wasn't just their "OWN PEOPLE" that made them HUGE DRAWS

Comment

How many times have you seen Al Haymon out promoting fights???...HELL MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HAYMON LOOK LIKE!!! lol

as for Cuban fans, what do you expect other then Miami, it is really no foundation for a Cuban fighter to build up a huge fan base

ALL FIGHTERS NEED MORE THEN JUST THEIR OWN to become a huge Draw though, Oscar, Tyson, they also had a lot of WHITE FANS, it wasn't just their "OWN PEOPLE" that made them HUGE DRAWS
            Thats no excuse.The polish support adamek very good,Even tho he hasint
            got the much promotion untill recently.How can cubans not love gamboa?
            I know theres millions of cubans in florida.Gamboa could be fighting there
            and having big crowds.But he dont,Cause yall dont support him or any
            of them.If gamboa was mexican,polish,rican,english,Candien he would be
            a icon.But nope,Hes a cuban.lol

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              Thats no excuse.The polish support adamek very good,Even tho he hasint
              got the much promotion untill recently.How can cubans not love gamboa?
              I know theres millions of cubans in florida.Gamboa could be fighting there
              and having big crowds.But he dont,Cause yall dont support him or any
              of them.If gamboa was mexican,polish,rican,english,Candien he would be
              a icon.But nope,Hes a cuban.lol
              are we talking SMALL FOLLOWINGS or becoming a MAJOR DRAW to the point in which you can't fight in any city and SALE OUT!

because right now ONLY MAYWEATHER AND PACQUIAO is doing that in boxing

never mind I forget who I was replying to

Comment

are we talking SMALL FOLLOWINGS or becoming a MAJOR DRAW to the point in which you can't fight in any city and SALE OUT!

because right now ONLY MAYWEATHER AND PACQUIAO is doing that in boxing

never mind I forget who I was replying to
                support ur fighters bro

Comment

I must be blind because I see the biggest draw of boxing, Floyd Mayweather is BLACK. Oh maybe he is white.

Don't be ******.

Comment

Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
                    Do you have a link for that??and if it's true since when was 850k bad?
                    Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
                    A frican americans have been involved in the biggest ppv fights

Based on facts, here are the top 10 highest payperview buys ever

1. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather, May 2007 - 2.4 million PPV buys

2. Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield (rematch), June 1997 - 1.99 million PPV buys

3. Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis, June 2002 - 1.97 million PPV buys

4. Mike Tyson vs Holyfield (1st match), November 1996 - 1.59 million PPV buys

5. Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley, August 1995 - 1.55 million PPV buys

6. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad, September 1999 - 1.41 million PPV

7. Evander Holyfield vs George Foreman, April 1991 - 1.40 million PPV buys

8. Mike Tyson vs. Frank Bruno, March 1996 - 1.37 million PPV buys

9. Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya, December 6, 2008 – 1.26 million PPV buys

10. Pacquiao vs. Cotto, November 14, 2009 – 1.25 million PPV buys
                    The thread starter got owned here...BIG TIME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                      most black boxers usually can't sell because they fight a defensive style.

the only black boxers that sell are guys with an offensive style like tyson and holyfield. Even though Ali fought defensively at times, he always let his hands go and threw punches.
                      If thats the case then Paul Williams, Tavoris Cloud, and Teon Kennedy are currently big draws then?

Comment

Working...
                      X