Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: The punch Mosley landed on Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd clinches and recovers for the round, comes out the same way he did the next round. People dog Floyd for fighting Mosley...but Shane had just knocked Margarito out and was seen as the 3rd or 4th best WW in the world, and Pac didn't seem keen on fighting Shane at THAT point. Good win for Floyd. Pac fought Shane coming off getting dominated by Floyd and a draw with Mora.

Mayweather may actually have one of the best chins in boxing, especially anywhere from 140-154 right now. He took a huge shot from Mosley, didn't fall down, recovered, and kept coming off forward. Ortiz only landed on him 26 punches in 4 rounds, but he got Floyd with a couple big shots in that fight, and Mayweather kept coming forward and wlaking them down once he recovered. Pac can hurt Mayweather, but Mayweather clinches at most signs of trouble, unless his opponent is physically stronger and can pin him on the ropes. I don't see Pac being able to physically press Floyd to the ropes and keep him there. Mayweather would clinch at the first sign of trouble vs Pac, which would make it hard for Pac to get going.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      One of my favorite moments in boxing history. And if it would have been Pacquiao, Sucker Punchoyd wouldn't have gotten up. He would have been laid flat Hatton style. That's the thing with Mayweathers defense, a lot of people praise it highly but big punches ALWAYS get thru it. Even Ortiz landed two clean sharp shots in the 4th. Imagine Pacquiaos 1000 punch combinations. Oh and that was 38 year old over the hill fighter . When you think about it you understand why Floyd is ducking the fight so much.

One shot that Pacquiao lands and Mayweather either dies or doesn't dare to open up and throw a punch again thru the entire fight.
      1 punch landing marks a history making moment for you, what a life you must lead.

Throwing a 1000 punches only works on guys who stand rite in front of you, flat footed punching bags. Manny couldn't even connect or catch Shane Oldsley. What happend to that 1000 punches, Mosley showed that movement confuses Manny.

And that same "Old over the hill fighter", the Paklas praised Manny for fighting, lol

Sucking and swallowing at it's finest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pdei47 View Post
        Hey Bombs, Bob Arum just called looking for you. He needs Pacroids nuts back. see your boy needs balls to take the test, Fool!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
          Mosley has more one punch KO power than Manny and is smaller. Mayweather did what any figher would do when they're hurt and that is tie up your oppenent. The smaller Manny would be even easier to tie up in such a situation.
          But but, the wapakman would've thrown his punches at weird angles using enough space to keep Floyd from clinching him.

Comment

No, I don't think Pac would've finished Mayweather with a similar punch, May is too good at clinching and recovering. I can see Pac getting a flash knockdown on a punch similar to Judah's no-call KD though.

Comment

I don't see Manny getting the same opportunity to hit Floyd with clean shots, since styles make fights and good punches take time to set up. To catch Floyd so clean is a rarity which is why some Pacquiao fans extol a couple punches in the second round of a fight that Floyd completely dominated. I mean, think about it for a second, a couple clean punches that didn't even have Floyd off of his feet are the focus of many a hater, as if they were the key to beating him. But the guy that threw them lost a lopsided decision, that's the truly weird and bizarre part. It's unusual that Floyd's skill at shutting out Shane Mosley is ignored and a few punches that didn't do everything they were supposed to are focused on.

The hate is that extreme, so extreme it tries to logically conclude that Mayweather was ever in any real trouble, so desperate is it that it salivates at any opportunity to degrade or disparage.

If Floyd and Manny were fighting the dynamic would be completely different, so I think it's pretty foolish to try to imagine if another fighter had Shane's opportunity, because more than likely they wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Via View Post
                The Punch that almost put Mayweather out. If that was Pac, could he finish Mayweather? Given Pac's speed/power/stamina. Thoughts?
                the Floyd mob came in here and shoulder rolled the question with **** like..."he won't land on Floyd" and blah blah blah ....look man, Floyd got that fight if it pops off....BUT if Manny land and get Floyd on the same street Shane had him on...the "0" turns into a "1"....trust me!!!.....Manny gets him outta there imho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                  LOL @ using Hatton and Mosley as examples.

Mayweather won't get hit with the punch that dropped Mosley, and damn sure won't be rushing in face first like Hatton.
                  Stop ducking the question

Comment

shane is up there with the greats in power, probably the same type of recovery, i think shane probably hits harder anyway.

you can't ask these situational questions in boxing, too many variables

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                      yeah and sergio fought Paul for 12 rounds the first time without even coming close to knocking him out.

he doesn't have 1 punch KO power either than.

you're a ****ign idiot.

why bring up Hatton as an example when he got up against Manny twice

Manny doesnt have one punch KO power

Comment

Working...
                      X