No announcement yet.

Whats up with the Pirog hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Martinez should want that belt, no matter what DiBella's feelings on the WBO. More belts equals more leverage for future fights. If Pirog relinquished his belt, Martinez would have no reason to fight him.
    I would be pissed after the money paid to the WBO to obtain ranking an to have a world title santioned, and then it was just lifted...were they even trying to force a mandatory, maybe they were i dunno? i think the WBO had a certain promoter who had their sights set on making a young kid a paper champion and it backfired. Now why would he wanna go and pay to get that title back?

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      Why is everyone so high on this guy, he has 19 fights, none over any notable opponents? What does this guy bring to the table that martinez is scared of? Is it only the martinez haters that are so hyped about pirog?
      Pirog's no hype,that guy's awesome,really skilled.

Comment

Pirog doesn't have a big win on his resume 'cause that ' big guy ' won't risk it against the Russian.

He's leagues above Barker/Macklin who are good European middleweights. It would be great if Pirog could get a fight against either, but DiBella and Fat Mick know that is career suicide.

Comment

So what if he looks good, its easy to look good fighting bums its not like hes looked good fighting good opponents

Comment

It's like this, if Floyd won't fight him, he might as well fight Pirog. But if Martinez does beat Pirog, then there is absolutely no way that he will ever, ever, ever, ever land a fight with Foyd or Manny again. I think in the end Martinez might as well take the career payday against Pirog & forget about those 2. He's getting up there in boxing years & it's not what you know, but who you know & Martinez knows no one. Fight Pirog.

Comment

for a guy having 19 fights but already ranked highly. that in itself should be saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                It's like this, if Floyd won't fight him, he might as well fight Pirog. But if Martinez does beat Pirog, then there is absolutely no way that he will ever, ever, ever, ever land a fight with Foyd or Manny again. I think in the end Martinez might as well take the career payday against Pirog & forget about those 2. He's getting up there in boxing years & it's not what you know, but who you know & Martinez knows no one. Fight Pirog.
                Why would beating Pirog ruin any chance of getting a Pac or Floyd fight? Martinez can go back down to 154 afterwards, since that's the only middleweight fight anyone is really calling for, and he'd still be in position for those two fights.

Comment

Martinez should have fought Pirog instead of cherrypicking Barker.

Looks like Andy Lee is next

Piorgs a good fighter. I picked him to beat Jacobs but didn't expect him to knock him out like he did.

I think Martinez would beat him but it's certainly a much better fight than Barker or Andy Lee would be.

Comment

Originally posted by stormfroe View Post
                    for a guy having 19 fights but already ranked highly. that in itself should be saying something.
                    yea it says the middleweight division sucks and is full of ******* who wont fight each other but want a big fight against serg

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Why would beating Pirog ruin any chance of getting a Pac or Floyd fight? Martinez can go back down to 154 afterwards, since that's the only middleweight fight anyone is really calling for, and he'd still be in position for those two fights.
                      Beat Pirog then go back to 154,why not fight them next then? Fighting Pirog & beating him completely deads those fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X