Will you miss David Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Haye....... he played for the Lakers right?..........Rockin'

Comment

He made a heap of money, more than he deserved, so I guess he's quite a clever guy. I thought he looked good when he took risks, he just didn't want to take risks as a HW. Miss him? A bit.

He'll be back. The Vitali fight will lure him back.

Comment

Im probably one of a few that thought he was a boring fighter. It was Ruiz who made their fight exciting because Ruiz walked Haye down all fight.

Good riddance to ****e. Cant understand people making excuses for him when he took their money....

Comment

People seem to forget that going from CW to HW is a massive gap in terms of size and weight, he's probably fought and beat better HW opposition than most "top" HW fighters have fought in their entire careers.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
            People seem to forget that going from CW to HW is a massive gap in terms of size and weight, he's probably fought and beat better HW opposition than most "top" HW fighters have fought in their entire careers.
            Povetkin's win over Chambers is more impressive. Haye didn't push hard enough for fights against fighters like Povetkin, Chambers, Arreola, Adamek and Thompson because he knows he would have lost. A confident fighter would have found a way to make those fights.

Comment

Good riddance in a way, but It can't be denied whilst some of his trash talking wasn't good for boxing, it did generate some excitement when boxing seemed to be reliant on just Floyd and Manny.

So a bit of both

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                To me, Haye is someone who is blessed with physical gifts of power and speed, but he lacked a fighter's mind. He is a man without honor and integrity, who lied a lot and never cared in the the slightest about his fans.

He lacks a love for the sport, the only reason he fought was to make money.

Recently Haye told Sauerland he would fight Povetkin if it could be on SKY PPV. However, SKY said "no" to the PPV, so Haye decided to not fight Povetkin for a decent but not highly lucrative payday. So because he cannot get a PPV, he's now decided to retire.
                I agree wih this, he had natural talent but never developed it and his lack of activity must not have helped him either. He really could have done with a better trainer he could have sorted out his technical issues and stamina. He never had the heart for it at heavyweight which is proven by turning down the Povetkin fight because he couldnt get it on PPV.

Comment

No, I won't.

Comment

I'll miss him, somewhere between "a bit" and "a lot".

I respect him for retiring on his terms.

Comment

I won't miss him,but I'm not glad he's gone..Would have loved to see him fight the nightmare or Ademek..Haye is really b!tch made...

Comment

Working...
                      X