Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Martinez fight Macklin/Andy Lee or Pirog in Russia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Can someone answer me this question: are there discussions between promoters, managers, matchmakers, etc. regarding a Martinez-Pirog fight in Russia, or is this just fan talk in Boxingscene?
    There's an article about it on the front page of NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      calzaghe was to be paid 50 million and hopkins was to get a donut? see doesn't really have much credibility. when you actually listen to what he said instead of making things up it's a lot different. some would say more realistic.
      50m? Wtf are you talking about? You sound desperate and confused. Hopkins was getting 50% of the European profits and 100% of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
        Martinez has worked too hard to go to Russia and risk his belt against corrupt judges and referees. If those Russian investors are investing alot of money into this fight, it wouldn't be out of place that there would be some room to invest in some of those officials.
        how the FFCK are russian judges, refs corrupt?! NAME me a fight in Russia that was "corrupt"?! i can't think of any; i can, however, think of numerous american judges and refs who have done some borderline corrupt ****. . .

anyway, it's not like pirog is getting to pick all the judges and refs, im sure it will be like most big fights where each fighter picks two judges, and the other picks the remaining judge and the ref or something along those lines. .

jesus you Martards are unbelievable. . . hahaha don't want margarito's SON to get SONNED again lke POPPA TONY did him!!!

Comment

So its not relevant because the judges are less likely to be biased towards him?
          Yes. Americans judges are biased towards American fighters. Martinez is not American and the US has no American-Argentinian population to speak of.

BUt he "trains" year round....or do you mean simply training camp?

Im fairly sure he spends the majority of time in the US even tho his "home" is Spain
          I mean training camp. The guy only fights twice per year and training camp is only 2 months or so. With the exception of doing some type of promotion, charity, or whatever, he lives in Spain most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Can someone answer me this question: are there discussions between promoters, managers, matchmakers, etc. regarding a Martinez-Pirog fight in Russia, or is this just fan talk in Boxingscene?
            Originally posted by Heeb View Post
            There's an article about it on the front page of NSB.
            Thanks. Self

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              50m? Wtf are you talking about? You sound desperate and confused. Hopkins was getting 50% of the European profits and 100% of the US.
              you have provided zero evidence to back up your wild claims. none. then you expect me to believe the guy who ducked glen johnson, said i dont want tough fights, and his own promoter says he matched calzaghe soft is the same guy that all of a sudden wants to fight hopkins? doesn't fit.

if calzaghe is getting a fee of 2 million out of the european pot plus 50% of the profits then how is hopkins getting 50% of the european profits? that wouldn't make it 50% now would it? and your fictional story starts to crumble again.

Comment

you have provided zero evidence to back up your wild claims. none. then you expect me to believe the guy who ducked glen johnson, said i dont want tough fights, and his own promoter says he matched calzaghe soft is the same guy that all of a sudden wants to fight hopkins? doesn't fit.

if calzaghe is getting a fee of 2 million out of the european pot plus 50% of the profits then how is hopkins getting 50% of the european profits? that wouldn't make it 50% now would it? and your fictional story starts to crumble again.
                And what evidence have you provided?

Do lies count as evidence?

Ah well....

19 Q. So if you added up everything that was
                20 going to Mr. King's side of the table though, it
                21 was half of the profits from Europe plus all of
                22 the money from the U.S.?
                23 A. Correct.

Comment

lol it doesn't even matter - joey zags taxed that ass in the USA! zagz said **** it, he wants it in front of his own people on his own soil? why not? DONE! OWNED! Now get back to the Pirog/Martinez debate

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    lol it doesn't even matter - joey zags taxed that ass in the USA! zagz said **** it, he wants it in front of his own people on his own soil? why not? DONE! OWNED! Now get back to the Pirog/Martinez debate
                    Its relevant to the debate. You see Daggum calls Sergio a "pansy" for not fighting Pirog but makes up lies and excuses for Hopkins not fight Joe.

Its amazing how the ones who scream loudest are the biggest hypocrites.

Comment

Martinez will pull a RICKY BURNS and run to a different weight class. Guarantee his team will say "he was going to 154 anyway", "160 is just too much weight for him", "he eats cheesecake with his breakfast, lunch, and dinner and still only walks around at 165"!

Comment

Working...
                      X