Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First words from Larry Merchant's mouth after Mayweather KO'd Ortiz...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REMINDER TO ALL POSTERS

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
      He did not give Merchant a chance. Money came to that interview looking for any reason, looking for any opening to explode on Merchant. His contempt for Merchant was FAR MORE obvious than any contempt Merchant might have had for Mayweather. That reaction by Floyd was something already on his mind and when he saw his opening he took it. His mouth is faster than his hands and he looked like an idiot assaulting Merchant after Merchant said such respectful things right after the KO.
      Idiots who dont know thw history send me an address so I can mail you a copy of the mayweather fight collection. Merchant has berated FLOYD for years. Statements like he doesnt look like a 12 million dollar fighter when Floyd was at lightweight. Oh I dont think Sharmba Mitchell will shy away from a fight with Floyd but as soon as they fight he interviews him and dawgs him for fighting Sharmba. When he slaughters Hatton, Judah, Baldomir who was the champion who beat Judah. Merchant didnt want to give him any credit. Although Baldomir called out Margarito and Margarito said no. Williams called out Margarito and Margarito initially said no until he got trapped into a corner and got his most avoided credentials took. Merchant is a disrepectful ***** that deserve everything he gets and put the fighters personal life into the event instead of talking about the fighter and his performance in the ring. If he did that for every fighter then I would be game on. You never hear Merchant say Manny why didnt you fight all of those guys at JWW or why did you completely avoid Soto and the other south american guy. I know floyd's personality had alot to do with the distain forcast upon him from Merchant but this is the same guy that thinks its ok to insult Roy Jones after he got knocked out by tarver. By saying he might get knocked out Roy and Roy replies and he might knock somebody out. This isnt street I agree but if Merchant is man enough to open his mouth about fighters who do this for a living and wants them to go against there trainer and teams wishes and fight a certain way then maybe he should climb his old ass in the ring and take a beating. He was the first to say that mayweather would ever reach the magnitude of a Delahoya as far as sales and Popularity but as soon as Floyd is seeling out PPV cards. He hatingly states the obvious. If you listen to him he wants fighters with natural GOD given ability to give the less talented fighter a chance to win, to put on a spectuacle, to throw out his game plan and give the fans a show. Contrary to your thoughts LARRY THESE GUYS HAVE MOUTHS TO FEED AND MONEY TO MAKE AND THEY PUT THERE LIVES ON THE LINE AND TRY TO WIN THE BEST WAY THEY KNOW HOW. They dont spend six to eight weeks training to make you happy and disreguard there trainer to end up like ALI so that you are happy. They follow the gameplan. So why dont Merchant follow the HBO gameplan and commentate on the fight and stay in his place as a commentator. We all know he is a biased prick and an avid alcoholic but we never hear him come on the air and say that to the public. How about talking about the person he attacked on video. People who like in a glass house should'nt throw stone. **** Merchant he has no right to speak on any fighters. Go to an AA meeting and have a nice day.

Comment

That is a reach but I'm glad that u r offering Floyd a reach around since u r trying to Fu** him w/ that nonsense. I have to give u credit. U don't seem like the kind of guy to give another guy a reach around when u r Fu***ing him.

Merchant started out w/ the "flawed" Ortiz, thus discrediting anything Floyd did in the ring. Calling Ortiz flawed reduced him to a sparring partner.

Comment

"An outstanding performance by Mayweather. He knew the flaws in Ortiz, he seized on them, he took some of Ortiz's good shots. For once we can all say he was as exciting inside the ring as he has been outside the ring."

Yes, so disrespectful and clearly he never gives Floyd a fair shake.

What a bunch of BS!

Mayweather's verbal assault against Merchant was rude, wrong and WAY out of line!
          One of the things that Merchant said to Mayweather when he interviewed him after the fight was, "you took advantage of an inexperienced fighter", referring to the knockout punches as Ortiz was trying to kiss Mayweather. That is an insulting statement and much more in line with what Merchant has said about Mayweather in every Mayweather fight in which Merchant has served as a commentator. Either this is the first Mayweather fight you have seen with Merchant serving as a color commentator or you have chosen to ignore all the insulting comments Merchant makes about Mayweather in every fight Mayweather has fought in the last 12 years.

Since Merchant's comment about Floyd taking advantage of Ortiz doesn't support your asinine criticism, it is obvious that you chose to ignore it just as you and the other *******s have chosen to ignore the blatant foul that Ortiz used against Floyd while you are accusing Floyd of doing something illegal.

These ******ed posts are really starting to get old.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            No need in thinking. Just listen his tone in how he said ****. He even said he was going to bring up pacroid, for what, Floyd isnt ducking. Pacroid, Roidjuiceman is ducking Floyd.

I don't agree with what Floyd did but I don't mind it either. We have all see that Floyd can hear the commentators when he fights. I'm pretty sure he heard merchant hating during the fight which he always does. He had already taken credit away from floyd for this fight, just listen to the old bag during the fight
            the great ***** mantra.lol

Comment

The problem with Floyd is that he now exists in a world where he's surrounded by yes men who are happy to forgo any sense of dignity by laughing at his "jokes", and generally hanging on everything he says.

This is why he can't cope with anything vaguely critical. Which is made even more ridiculous by the fact that his whole persona is built on being the villain, the braggart, the loudmouth you hate. Yet he can't handle any ****ing criticism

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                Based on that mode of thinking why should Floyd bow down to Larry ???

A great interveiwer knows how to approach his subjects and knows how to tailor his questions to the satisfaction of everyone involved. He may not be perfect or get the perfect response, but he/she knows where to draw the line and keep the interview/conversation moving forward without the drama if they wish.
                interviewers are supposed to ask tough questions. merchant isn't like those internet reporters who have to suck up to the boxers like fighthyppe. HBO doesn't have to kowtow to the boxers.

Comment

He did not give Merchant a chance. Money came to that interview looking for any reason, looking for any opening to explode on Merchant. His contempt for Merchant was FAR MORE obvious than any contempt Merchant might have had for Mayweather. That reaction by Floyd was something already on his mind and when he saw his opening he took it. His mouth is faster than his hands and he looked like an idiot assaulting Merchant after Merchant said such respectful things right after the KO.
                  disagree....floyd was all smiles with his arm around merchant up until the point merchant interrupted floyds promotional speech. while i do agree with floyd that merchant doesn't give him a fair shake...this time he was. a strange time to pick to tell merchant off to say the least. it might have something to do with merchants condescending bitter demeanor tho.

Comment

the only person floyd has ever shown respect to is the popeyes commercial lady

Comment

If u justify what he did, ur a *****

If u crucify him for what he did, ur a ***uiao

Can we change the subject now? The guy got into a violent argument with his dad on 24/7, do u really think he's gonna hold back on a guy HE FEELS] (that's really all that matters) never gives him a fair shake?

Here's the real question, why does it bother u so much?

Comment

Working...
                      X