Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: Pedro Luis Díaz Will Train Me For Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think steward taught cotto good things - how to best utilize his jab, and improved his straight right hand, so he can set up his left hook better. . . but ultimately, it probably wasn't the best fit. . .

Comment

Horrible!

I'm a huge Cotto Fan, the man has guts! But We've went down this road before! This fight is huge! If it ain't broke why fix it! With Stewart it's a 75%-25% fight for Cotto ( I think); however a rookie trainer makes this 55%-45%... I hate this decision!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
        Wow, this comes as a shocker to me! Now he has less of a chance that he lost Steward. In reality, I always felt he never should have left his uncle; considering his uncle is the one who made him. Either way, this is not good and makes me believe Margarito will pummel him again. We'll see.

I hope your wrong! But I'm not happy about the decision! I still think that Cotto is fighting Margarito at the right time, or at least I hope!

Comment

I find it funny how Cotto fans are now saying Stweard is overrated but before he will be the key in beating Margarito.

Comment

I don't know much about Diaz, only that he is the trainer for Odlanier Solis since the guy was a teenager and that he has a long background in Cuban amateur boxing and is nicknamed the professor for his coordination of tactics and technique, so that could be a good factor.

I hope Cotto picked up one or two useful things from Manny and provides him with a few "oh my gaawd" moments in December as a commentator after a brilliant performance and a Diaz-masterplan...

edit: just read up on Pedro Luis Diaz a bit, he defected at the same time as Solis and Gamboa and at the next amateur tournament, the Cuban team didn't win anything without him. He also trained Felix Savon and Casamayor as amateurs.

edit2: He is also training Jean Pascal and David Lemieux (not their main coach!)...

The more I learn, the better it sounds. Manny is a very big name as coach, but big names don't count for anything in the ring.
            Last edited by rochemback; 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

excuse me for my ignorance is this the guy who trains Solis?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                I find it funny how Cotto fans are now saying Stweard is overrated but before he will be the key in beating Margarito.
                I'm a Cotto Fan! I don't think it's the right chioce to change Trainers before such a Fight. I don't think Steward is overrated or downrated, I think is ****** timing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Which Cotto fans are you referring to?

Comment

Yea...

COTTO MADE A GOOD DECISION! CUBAN TRAINERS ARE THE BEST! MARGARITO WILL GET K.O WITH A BODY PUNCH

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      excuse me for my ignorance is this the guy who trains Solis?
                      Yes, the main coach of Solis and I believe Felix Diaz (welterweight from the Dominican Republic and Olympic Champion in Beijing 2008) and in the camps of Jean Pascal and David Lemieux...

Comment

Working...
                      X