No announcement yet.

Larry's take on the Martinez-Barker fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    Looked alot like Manny- Clottey..Martinez took time to try to get thru Barkers shell defense which isnt easy cause you have to wait till they throw to land a clean punch most of the time,Barker was a decent boxer and surprised me.But Martinez broke him down,busted him up and stopped a undefeated fighter,he did what he had to do was a pretty entertaining fight and i enjoyed it
    this b!tch is the biggest ******* in the forum

cant stop thinking about manny?

i bet this b!tch is having orgasm thinking about manny in every fight

i just came to say hi b!tch mama larry

Comment

I want to know how two judges had that fight close. They must have been impressed by Martinez bloody nose to give Barker a bunch of rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Barker took a dive my opinion. First time in 25yrs of watching the sport that i've ever seen a fighter get KO'd from a punch on the glove!
        Agreed!!!!

Comment

manny after the clottey fight..
          what round did clottey win again?

sergio struggled vs a no namer.....just admit it man, sergio is a flash in a pan waiting to get exposed....

floyd would school his @ss using just the right hand..

pac would retire him for good

Comment

.....Yes I made the same comparison, during the fight.

He put his guard up and used it to get close to Martinez, and would try to counter punch him.

He had success, he hit Martinez more than a few times.

The difference between Clottey and Barker is that Barker would actually let his hands go every once in a while.

it was a great competitive match. Martinez was a head most of the fight but he wasn't blowing Barker out.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              what round did clottey win again?

sergio struggled vs a no namer.....just admit it man, sergio is a flash in a pan waiting to get exposed....

floyd would school his @ss using just the right hand..

pac would retire him for good
              You said"oh sergio had a busted nose...look at mannys face..it looks much worse than sergios after his fight..and clottey came out looking untouched..barker was swollen up....

Comment

Looked alot like Manny- Clottey..Martinez took time to try to get thru Barkers shell defense which isnt easy cause you have to wait till they throw to land a clean punch most of the time,Barker was a decent boxer and surprised me.But Martinez broke him down,busted him up and stopped a undefeated fighter,he did what he had to do was a pretty entertaining fight and i enjoyed it
                Good call...wasn't Martinez's "top" performance but he won via KO none the less. Barker is a very good, severely under rated boxer IMO and will have a pretty good future based on this performance. You can't win every fight via KO
                in the first couple of rounds which is what some fans expect but he adjusted and did what he had to.

Comment

i enjoyed this fight,Barker gave Sergio a new look and made him think

Comment

You said"oh sergio had a busted nose...look at mannys face..it looks much worse than sergios after his fight..and clottey came out looking untouched..barker was swollen up....
                    Barker went down because the left side of his face was a freaking mess.

**Rewatching the fight now and you can see the swelling as early as rd 5 on and around Barker's left eye.

Comment

It sure did.

The difference is that Clottey is a better boxer than Barker.

People ain't gonna like this, but Martinez got shown as not being as slick as he would have you believe. All the hands down nonsense, made him look foolish.

Barker was able to walk him down, and at times land telling shots. Sergio simply kept punching gloves and arms. The judges seemed to like it but he was landing less than Barker. Like the commentators said, the activity made Martinez look better than he was tonight.

Lederman at one point even said that Martinez must have not prepared for this fight because Barker wasn't a bigger name. That's bull****. Martinez got shown as limited when someone can defend against his jab tonight.

And that's exactly why he's been taking these bull**** fights. He knows that against guys like Ward, Dirrell and Froch he'd have big problems. Barker, if nothing else, showed that Martinez isn't the prodigy that many claim him to be.

His defense leaves much to be desired. His jab was finding gloves all night and he got bloodied by Barker who was not all that talented.

This guy wants big paydays and he's done.

Still, he doesn't deserve them.

He hasn't done anything that would give him the right to be seeking fights with WWs. There is talent that's 8lbs away, but Martinez is seeking it 20lbs away.

Give me a break.

Comment

Working...
                      X