Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather go back to "moving" against Pacquiao or does he "stay in the pocket"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    thank you

guys like him a Pea really did it with torso movement, hand and arm placement and reflexes/anticipation

the Ortiz fight they showed how Floyd punched split seconds before Ortiz did because he knew what and when Ortiz was throwing
    ^^^ This. He had enough space to analyzed Ortiz's rhythm and got his shots off first.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      I disagree with some of the things you point on. Of course Manny won't be discourage, but the left hand would disrupt his rhythm and force him to get desperate in which would play into Floyd's hand to set up his straight right hand as a trap. I based my theories from what I've seen from the two bouts that Manny had against Mosley and Clottey, and those two guys never set up anything behind their jab like JMM did with his lead right hand.
      I think your right about the possibility of using the left hand to keep Pacquiao off rhythm to set up the right hand. The first thing they teach you against the lefty is throw the straight right down the pipe. I just think the problem is he won't follow up with anything afterwards, because you know Pacquiao is coming with something. Marquez threw the left hook after landing the right and hurt him with it. I failed to see Mayweather do that against Ortiz and he had the chances to do so, and Pacquiao isn't gonna stand there to be hit like Ortiz. Then again that fight only went 4 rounds so maybe he might have opened up more later on. Anyway, good stuff man hopefully we get to see the actual fight instead of having to speculate for 3 years about. Have a good one man.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
        TS is making it sound like duckqiao knew actually how to fight

old mosley who came to hug and kiss pwned duckqiao with his jab alone...duckqiao is used to weight drained damaged goods who cant fight for sh**

untalented fighters like cotto and margacheato made him look good because they have no skills..no defense at all..no jab etc...

duckqiao couldnt beat the old mosley...why?? because mosley knew how to jab..if you know how to jab you can beat duckqiao..

floyd would rape him..

just look at my sig

You are wrong, Cotto has a great jab and he hit manny with it but then manny started side stepping it getting cotto caught. Cotto does have skills. Yes his defense isnt the best either. Cotto made the mistake of trying to go toe toe w manny instead of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Sinclair View Post
          Floyd can do whatever the **** he wants to against pacqmeow
          He is going to do both. Move his way to the loser's bracket and still have the ref in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by slick23 View Post
            I think your right about the possibility of using the left hand to keep Pacquiao off rhythm to set up the right hand. The first thing they teach you against the lefty is throw the straight right down the pipe. I just think the problem is he won't follow up with anything afterwards, because you know Pacquiao is coming with something. Marquez threw the left hook after landing the right and hurt him with it. I failed to see Mayweather do that against Ortiz and he had the chances to do so, and Pacquiao isn't gonna stand there to be hit like Ortiz. Then again that fight only went 4 rounds so maybe he might have opened up more later on. Anyway, good stuff man hopefully we get to see the actual fight instead of having to speculate for 3 years about. Have a good one man.

True, Manny won't stand as flat as Ortiz did. But Manny isn't gonna jump in and out without getting caught because he's not gonna catch Floyd at long range due to his short reach. The closer he tries to get in reach range to land his shots off on Floyd first, the more he'll leave himself vulnerable for Floyd to set up his money punch. Simple bounce back and upper body movement will cause Manny to miss most of his punches while leaving himself off balance to get counter.

Comment

If Floyd fought the way he did against Ortiz he would have 0% chance beating Pacquiao, Manny would deform Floyd's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                True, Manny won't stand as flat as Ortiz did. But Manny isn't gonna jump in and out without getting caught because he's not gonna catch Floyd at long range due to his short reach. The closer he tries to get in reach range to land his shots off on Floyd first, the more he'll leave himself vulnerable for Floyd to set up his money punch. Simple bounce back and upper body movement will cause Manny to miss most of his punches while leaving himself off balance to get counter.
                If Pac can take Floyd punches in which most probably he can after how easily he took punches from the bigger guys. Pac will try to jump in, fient and wait for Floyd to get his shot off first then counter it with combinations.Pac will able to do this because of his fast hand and feet to close the distance plus his chin. I'm not saying Pac will not get hit by Floyd in the process but this the whole purpose about it besides he knows Floyd can be pushed to the corner where Pac can unleashed his 6-7 combinations. Floyd is to win has to move around and not getting caught in the corner where his defense would be in minimal as he can't move to use his speed, feet or any advantages he has when it comes to defending himself. Pac is to win must bring Floyd in the corner where his speed, power punches combinations will come into effect. Floyd may win by UD but the fact that Pac can be dangerous in every round till the last round has the higher chance of beating Floyd enough to slow him down then we might see the ko/tko in later round or Pac winning by close decision.

Comment

He'll probably move. Look how lost and 1-dimensional Pacquiao looked against Mosley who just kept moving away and turning him. Imagine that but with some accurate counter punches being thrown
                  Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 09-29-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    If Pac can take Floyd punches in which most probably he can after how easily he took punches from the bigger guys. Pac will try to jump in, fient and wait for Floyd to get his shot off first then counter it with combinations.Pac will able to do this because of his fast hand and feet to close the distance plus his chin. I'm not saying Pac will not get hit by Floyd in the process but this the whole purpose about it besides he knows Floyd can be pushed to the corner where Pac can unleashed his 6-7 combinations. Floyd is to win has to move around and not getting caught in the corner where his defense would be in minimal as he can't move to use his speed, feet or any advantages he has when it comes to defending himself. Pac is to win must bring Floyd in the corner where his speed, power punches combinations will come into effect. Floyd may win by UD but the fact that Pac can be dangerous in every round till the last round has the higher chance of beating Floyd enough to slow him down then we might see the ko/tko in later round or Pac winning by close decision.
                    pacroid will not be able to "TAKE" floyds punches. you fools keep thinking floyd doesnt punch hard and pac can walk through its punches. Pacroid will end up on the canvass. but pac will have some serious swelling, bruising and cuts from fighting floyd

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post

Maybe. I do see where you're coming from, and everything that you stated might possibly happen if the fight were to take place. But I've observed of how Floyd and Manny fights, and i still like Floyd's chances more.

Comment

Working...
                      X