Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Vitali Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10-15, that's based more on h2h ability than resume, he did have bad luck with injuries, his resume lacks the depth of Wladamir's

Comment

• Originally posted by ToyBulldog View Post
      Spinks is an ATG overall when you consider his weight jumping success. Winning two championships especially in LHW and HW is huge. I think Manny Pacquiao is an ATG but does that mean I think he is an ATG at lightweight? No, he doesn't have the depth of resume in that weight class.

Vitali doesn't have the depth of resume at heavyweight to be ATG. Just the way it is. Roberto Duran is an ATG because he ruled a weight class for years and was able to do even more. Vitali hasn't even ruled his own weight how can he be an ATG
      Now you introduce even more invented reasons why someone could be ATG.

* He sucessfully jumped weight classes
      * He has depth
      * He ruled his division

Jeezes.
      Last edited by hweightblogger; 03-03-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
        Now you introduce even more invented reasons why someone could be ATG.

* He sucessfully jumped weight classes
        * He has depth
        * He ruled his division

Jeezes.
        That's how you become an ATG. Or by beating other great fighters. Vitali failed to do this. He might get into the Hall of Fame though

Comment

• You become ATG by beating other ATG fighters. There's some exception to this if you beat a lot of just outside of ATG fighters or you dominate the best in your division for an insane amount of time.

Vitalis resume is just too poor, and Wladimir has beat most of the best fighters in the division.

But no that note, if you can call anyone topx an ATG then by all means Vitali is an ATG. And so is David Haye. He's probably in the top100 CW of all time?
          Lets say top500 to be safe.

Comment

• 16-20. Every time he fought an equal he lost, but its hard to discount his dominance for so long despite the fact that Heavyweight boxing has been a joke since Lennox hung up his gloves.
            GrizzlyGrizzly BigBear JAB5239 JAB5239 like this.

Comment

• Vitali is clearly a HW ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013
                I see the largest percentage of people put him in the 11-15 category.
                That is an insult to our intelligence. 11-15? For Wladimir, maybe. Vitali is top 30-50

Comment

• Some people like Vitali and some do not, but I think many will remember his name in a hundred years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                    Some people like Vitali and some do not, but I think many will remember his name in a hundred years.
                    Goddamn it. Give it a rest would ya?

Comment

• 11-20. probably closer to 20. i don't have a HW top 10 hashed out. i used to have one posted up in history, but can't seem to find it. vitali certainly wasn't in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X