Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Jabs: Mayweather's Cheap Shot Was Unfair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar Gets It Right! Floyd Was Concerned and Took His Cheap Shot.

Like a cat trying to get away from a dog. If he had one shot to scratch an eye out, then run, that's what Floyd did. Ortiz headbutt wasn't legal, and he got a point taken away. Floyd went beyond that, while the ref stopped action, Floyd took his shot. Typical weasel.

Comment

Oscar needs to shut his mouth about Mayweather or he just might Promote his next fight with just Richard and no Golden Boy Oscar your a promotor not a fan this is a business you should no that by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Ortiz won 3 outta the first 4 rounds. Haters gonna hate.
        i gave floyd rounds 1 and 3, which i think he clearly won.

i also think victor won rounds 2 and 4.

people refuse to look at a fighters skills and strategy, i think victor was coming on a bit as he was clearly pacing himself for 12 rounds, moving side to side and making floyd miss a bit.

people refuse to see any of this though and act like this was floyd vs shane where he landed 35 punches a round where she did nothing but stand there and get hit..

ortiz was wrong for the lunging head butt, he was putting his head up under floyds chin in response to floyds elbows....the fight got dirty, the action broke, timeout, then as time was back in, floyd sucker punched him....

it was legal, but sucker punch is a sucker punch.

shameful that we didnt get to see this play out.

victor landed some good shots, especially the last combo dipping floyds legs and sending him into the ropes..

i think it was going to play out to be a good fight, a tough fight, but now we
        will never know.

and floyd is probably done as a fighter.

in 18 months he will be near 36 and no way he will come back..

sad too, because there was pac he never fought, cotto, and martinez..

all you can do as a fan is appreciate the guys who fight and give us great fights..

gatti had losses, but he was a true warrior and was a true entertainer in every sense.

Comment

wasnt as bad as biting an ear but yeah fck him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            Oscar needs to shut his mouth about Mayweather or he just might Promote his next fight with just Richard and no Golden Boy Oscar your a promotor not a fan this is a business you should no that by now.
            Huh? You may want to consider rewriting this so that it makes sense.

Comment

add DLH to the list of delusional people who ridiculously keep claiming that Ortiz was 'coming on' etc. -- he landed 26 total punches in the 4 rounds, to MW's 73 -- he was getting hit with everything MW was throwing at him -- he was starting to get busted up and was so frustrated and desperate that he tried to head butt MW into the cheap seats -- people need to get real....

Comment

anyone who takes a promoters or any entertainers word is delusional. plain and simple. next

Comment

to be honest, if you watched the fight, it doesnt look like fraud landed 70+ punches to ortiz's 20+ punches...as for ortiz being dominated...it looked like to me it couldve been 2-1-1 after 4 in favor of fraud...i didnt see a total domination that many are saying...plus if you look at every round, ortiz had fraud up against da ropes and landed some punches. i agree with delahoya that the fight look like it was starting to heat up in the fourth round...if ortiz just stuck to a game plan of just muscling fraud into the ropes and throwing in bunches, i can see ortiz beating fraud. but the fight got cut short by frauds lack of sportsmanship, again showing you his true persona in the ring as he does outside the ring...its a shame, totally and utterly a scumbag move by fraud...

as for cortez, he didnt follow proper protocol...if you look at the fight after which cortez deducted a point from ortiz, cortez walks away from both fighters and said "lets go" while continuing to talk to someone at ringside...

protocal to continue fighing shouldve been to bring both fighters in the middle of the ring, look at both fighters and put his hands down in between both fighters and say "fight" while continue to watch both fighters...cortez didnt do that any of that...and to make matters worse, he didnt see the KO that put ortiz down and he looked surprised as heck to see ortiz on the floor, as if to say to himself, "WTF just happened?"

POOR OFFICIATING that ruined a possible good fight that was heating up in the 4th
                  Last edited by indystress; 09-25-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sykkline View Post
                    IF YOU FOOLS SAW THE FIGHT AND STILL DIDN'T SEE JOE CORTEZ WAVE THEM IN AND SAY "LET'S GO!" YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS WEBSITE! (In My Mayweather Voice) "YOU DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING!" PROTECT YOUURSELF AT ALL TIMES! JOE CORTEZ BLATANLY SAID "LET'S GO!"
                    yes he did. he also motioned both fighters toward each other and said lets go. a lot of haters are just looking for an excuse to hate floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sykkline View Post
                      IF YOU FOOLS SAW THE FIGHT AND STILL DIDN'T SEE JOE CORTEZ WAVE THEM IN AND SAY "LET'S GO!" YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS WEBSITE! (In My Mayweather Voice) "YOU DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING!" PROTECT YOUURSELF AT ALL TIMES! JOE CORTEZ BLATANLY SAID "LET'S GO!"
                      If he blatantly said let's go then why when mayweather was asked if he heard Cortez say let's go he answered there is a saying to protect yourself at all times?
                      He should have said yes I heard him say that and that's shui was ready it's not my fault Ortiz wasn't ready.
                      Floyd cheap shoted his way to a win.

Comment

Working...
                      X