Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Jabs: Mayweather's Cheap Shot Was Unfair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People gave Oscar this power he never deserved. Anyone who watched that fight could see that Ortiz was not coming on, If anything Floyd was beginning to settle down. None of Victor's wild punches on the ropes were connecting which is why he got frustrated. Victor was planting that head since the 1st round. Go away Oscar. If Victor wants a rematch let him beat Khan and Berto then we'll see whats good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
      People gave Oscar this power he never deserved. Anyone who watched that fight could see that Ortiz was not coming on, If anything Floyd was beginning to settle down. None of Victor's wild punches on the ropes were connecting which is why he got frustrated. Victor was planting that head since the 1st round. Go away Oscar. If Victor wants a rematch let him beat Khan and Berto then we'll see whats good.
      I agree,May look to be really settling down and starting to come on and pop Ortiz at will..Oh and watching it back yesterday,Cortez said let's go meaning the fight was back on..I really did not have any doubt anyway,but when I seen it again yesterday it was even more clear that nobody other then Vic did something wrong in that ring last Sat...

Hey did you hear Vic say he did not lose in his mind??That kid is nutz...

Comment

Originally posted by Froghead99 View Post
        Yea it was a cheap shot, no doubt about it.

Floyd cheated Ortiz but mostly the fans. This is an audience sport, and the audience got cheated. I think Floyd legacy was just dealt another huge blow.

And then Floyd actually had the nerve to cry after the fight? What a monkey.

Dont know what you were watching but me and the rest of the world heard Cortez say "Let's Go" and clap his hands together so the fighters could come from their neutral corners and resume fighting. That in boxing doesnt mean hug it means fight. I also saw the look on Floyd's face when they came back together and Floyd was not in the mood for hugging, he was pissed and ready to do damage. Just because Ortiz wasnt in the fight doesnt mean it wasnt a fight. Floyd did what he came to do.
        Last edited by Sugar Q; 09-25-2011, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I agree,May look to be really settling down and starting to come on and pop Ortiz at will..Oh and watching it back yesterday,Cortez said let's go meaning the fight was back on..I really did not have any doubt anyway,but when I seen it again yesterday it was even more clear that nobody other then Vic did something wrong in that ring last Sat...

Hey did you hear Vic say he did not lose in his mind??That kid is nutz...

Very true big Rome, we saw the same things. There was absolutely no controversy.

Comment

Ppl stop.hating on floyd the fight is over ortiz lost get over it

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
              Dont know what you were watching but me and the rest of the world heard Cortez say "Let's Go" and clap his hands together so the fighters could come from their neutral corners and resume fighting. That in boxing doesnt mean hug it means fight. I also saw the look on Floyd's face when they came back together and Floyd was not in the mood for hugging, he was pissed and ready to do damage. Just because Ortiz wasnt in the fight doesnt mean it wasnt a fight. Floyd did what he came to do.
              Ya Cortez said let's but honestly he didn't follow the correct procedure

in the rule book. Either way victor should have protected himself

and what Floyd did was cheap.

What is worse is that this was a black eye for the sport.

Ya maybe not die hard fans but Jim Rome and mike and mike on espn

along with Dan Patrick show on fox radio

along with others all stated how it was a cheap shot

or sucker punch.

So mainstream and non fans are hearing and seeing that.

I work home health PT and drive all day long listening to

these radio shows and that's all I heard.

Sad. Does the greatest sport no help.

Comment

ortiz was out of his league and always will be against the best in the sport. and yeah he was penalized for the headbutt but it was also a ridiculous headbutt, i don't like the way the fight ended, I don't think that is the way floyd should have got back at him, he should have destroyed him and beat him into retirement, and it was a cheap shot but at the same time it was legal and the headbutt wasn't and after the incident ortiz pulled, there isn't such a thing as a cheap shot. oscar, your boy is a pathetic loser, who should learn to keep his hands up and stop kissing his opponent in the middle of a fight.

Comment

It was unfair but would Oscar be saying this if he didn't hate Mayweather? would he be saying it if he didn't want to promote a rematch?

That's what I'm not keen on, you can never take him at face value.

Comment

what can you say to a man who dresses in lingere and sniffs coke

Comment

Got to agree with Oscar on this one.

ALL TRUE !!

Watch the fight in slowmo and see the decline in Jr. MISSED ALOT and ORTIZ was coming on, hahahaha

Yall hate it but its true hahaha

AT least all doubt is erased as to what JR really is

Comment

Working...
                      X