No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Clottey's New Focus, Ready To Reignite Career at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hisoka_ View Post
    For one he was never a force in the WW division, I do admit that he was a solid win for Pacquiao, I said this right after Manny defeated him, even though stylistically Clottey never matched up well with Pacquiao. My thing is, it wasn't only one fight like most are saying, watch the Cotto and Margarito fight.
    Im a big Margo fan but Clottey was destroying Margarito in those first 4 rounds and it wasnt like the Cotto fight where Clottey decided to play safe and not let his hands go late he did hurt his hand against Tony maybe not as bad as first made out but enough for him to slow down his workrate and let Tony take over.I am usually critical of Manny but i have to say that Clottey is for me an very good win

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      I don't get why you laugh at the thought of him being a force at welterweight if you think he has the skillset to do good at 154.

He had a close match with Marg, an EXTREMELY close match with Cotto and he put a whoopin on Zab Judah. Seemed like a serious contender to me.
      Well for starters 154 isn't a strong division, and I can't consider a guy who's known to fall short a force.

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      Im a big Margo fan but Clottey was destroying Margarito in those first 4 rounds and it wasnt like the Cotto fight where Clottey decided to play safe and not let his hands go late he did hurt his hand against Tony maybe not as bad as first made out but enough for him to slow down his workrate and let Tony take over.I am usually critical of Manny but i have to say that Clottey is for me a very good win
      Not what I saw, I saw Clottey give Margarito the last two rounds by doing absolutely nothing.
      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-25-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
        it was one fight.

he was a force in the ww division before pac, just in case you didn't know.

i for one am looking forward to his return
        He is the best sparring partner in pro boxing.

Comment

If Clottey threw 30-40 more punches a round, he'd probably be undefeated right now. Or at least fired the jab like Winky used to.

Comment

Well for starters 154 isn't a strong division, and I can't consider a guy who's known to fall short a force.

Not what I saw, I saw Clottey give Margarito the last two rounds by doing absolutely nothing.
            Thats what i am saying Clottey hurt his hand in the 4th then Margarito took over.If Cottey didnt hurt his hand well then i dont know what Margarito woulda done to tyrn that fight around

Comment

Clottey is full of excuses.

Comment

For one he was never a force in the WW division, I do admit that he was a solid win for Pacquiao, I said this right after Manny defeated him, even though stylistically Clottey never matched up well with Pacquiao. My thing is, it wasn't only one fight like most are saying, watch the Cotto and Margarito fight.
                you're a noob if you don't think clottey wasn't a top 5 welterweight going into the pacquiao fight. . . he beat cotto in most peoples eyes, he fought margarito with one damn hand; clearly won every round before he broke his hand. . .

clottey was definitely a force in the WW division, and he will be a force at 154.

the fact that pacquiao dominated him, well did you ever stop and think that testifies more to MANNY's skill, speed, and stamina rather than clottey's lack thereof? Clottey HAS NOT been an easy fight for ANYBODY aside from Pac. . . nor will he be an easy fight for anybody at 154. . . that's all, thanks

Comment

I look forward to the Clottey move. I agree that he and Cotto have unfinished business and a rematch at 154 should be interesting. A fight with Canelo would be good also.

Comment

He should ask Pacquiao for a re-match now that he looks like to be serious about not taking extra money to purposely lose....I mean, now that he is over his diarrhea issues.

Comment

Clottey should fight under Pac vs Marquez 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X