Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Davis Talks Mayweather, Cotto-Margarito 24/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares if Cheatarito has "moved on" beyond the handwrap thing, the REST of us haven't. Another payday for a worthless piece of garbage, hope he gets his face kicked-in one last time on his way out the door.

Comment

Floyd actually looked better than ever. Dude had everything going on including combinations that people said he doesnt throw anymore. That was a serious clinic. Please Manny, man up and sign that contract so we can be rid of the hype and all of your ******ED fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        I think a lot of people are pissed that Floyd looked so dominate. I think a lot of people where banking on him losing a step etc.

Boy were they wrong. Haters going to hate but they know Floyd looked better than ever. Lets hope Pac does not struggle with a LW at WW... we do not want any excuses.
        As for Cotto vs Margarito, I'm not buying that shyt either. I'll watch it but I'm not paying for it. I won't be surprised if Cotto gets punched in the face and smiles just like Mosley did after being hit yet didn't have a busted face... Weird that Mosley was getting hit and his face wasn't bloody or busted.
        HO STFU dude, Floyd looked great, he's an awesome boxer, but I'm tired to hear *****s like you hating on Pacquiao.

*******s are stupids, biased, fake boxing fans,BUT so are most of *****s.

I mean Pacquiao won titles in at least 6 divisions faire and square, dude ain't a bum or an hype job like Berto, Hatton, Ortiz.

Pacquiao looked very good against his last opponents, unlike Ortiz who looked like **** against Peterson, hittable against Berto, Mosley couldn't put an hand on Manny.

Both Manny and Floyd as fighters deserve props, I'm tired about all that hate from internet warriors.

Comment

gotta agree with davis, pac and may are great and all, but damn, it's matchups like these that really make boxing worthwhile. it should be action packed, only thing i wish would change is the amount of 24/7 episodes hbo is planning on doing. should be awesome regardless.

Comment

Margarito will knock Cotto out in 3.
            Then, he will get a match with Mayweather if the gutless one thinks it might
            be easy. It won't. Margarito will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrog View Post
              Was it Floyd eating left hand leads or being pinned in the corners and roughed up that made him look dominant?
              Did you watch the same fight? Doesn't sound like it.

Part of floyd's tactics are to lay back against the ropes and let the opponent hit thin air. It was exactly this that infuriated Ortiz enough to try the headbutt.

This is classic Floyd and to the untrained eye, it can look like he's being bullied in the corner. It's only when you watch it back you realize he didn't get hit at all, and actually just landed some sweet counters.

What made Floyd look dominant was the ability to land at will, right hand leads, combo's, you name it, as well as press the fight and walk down someone who was a middleweight on the night.

I saw Ortiz land ONE clean punch, in round 2, and that was it.

Comment

should be 3..one on the 19th before the pac replay and chavez..one on the 26th and one on the friday before the fight...this one deserves 3 if not 4 24/7's. real drama..real bad blood and finally a 24 7 without pac or floyd

Comment

Davis is right about Mayweather he looked good for not being in the game for 16 months. He was landing good shots and he's not running anymore he is staying in front of his opponents and boxing.

Comment

If only a couple of episodes at least have a hbo face off betwen the 2.tough to decide whether to go to the fight or the north Carolina tar heels b-ball game on same day.

Comment

First of all, Floyd should look good, he hasn't fought half his career by avoiding fights with Cotto, Margarito, Pac, etc. with yearly layoffs. Floyd will probably fight them now because they will have to fight strong opponents their next fights. You know Floyd wants them weakened to stand a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X