No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Davis Talks Mayweather, Cotto-Margarito 24/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO's Davis Talks Mayweather, Cotto-Margarito 24/7

Kery Davis, senior vice president for programming at HBO, dished about Floyd Mayweather and the rematch between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito on Tuesday to hype their Dec. 3 bout at Madison Square Garden. While Davis declined to discuss the controversy involving Mayweather’s bout with Victor Ortiz on Saturday, he did give his impression of Mayweather’s performance and a timetable for Money's possible return. [Click Here To Read More]

I think 2 parts is too short 3 parts is the way to go for every 24/7 since I think 4 parts is overkill. I guess the saturday after Pacquao-Marquez III they will replay the first fight and the following saturday air the first episode.

Comment

2 episodes is too short... Unless they plan on doing a third one with post fight footage, that would be fine.

Comment

I think a lot of people are pissed that Floyd looked so dominate. I think a lot of people where banking on him losing a step etc.

Boy were they wrong. Haters going to hate but they know Floyd looked better than ever. Lets hope Pac does not struggle with a LW at WW... we do not want any excuses.

As for Cotto vs Margarito, I'm not buying that shyt either. I'll watch it but I'm not paying for it. I won't be surprised if Cotto gets punched in the face and smiles just like Mosley did after being hit yet didn't have a busted face... Weird that Mosley was getting hit and his face wasn't bloody or busted.

Comment

They should do a 4 episode 24/7.

If one fight deserves it, it's this one.

True bad blood here.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            I think 2 parts is too short 3 parts is the way to go for every 24/7 since I think 4 parts is overkill. I guess the saturday after Pacquao-Marquez III they will replay the first fight and the following saturday air the first episode.
            I think shortening 24/7 by an episode would be a good idea if they added a post fight sit-down like they did with Whitaker vs De la Hoya. Make it the following week when HBO re-airs the PPV on regular HBO.

Did they do one of those post fight sit downs for PBF vs. De la Hoya? Can't remember but I know they did one for Whitaker vs De la Hoya.

Comment

Pac is just a trend that will end shortly at welter floyd is the big star and cotto is the true warrior who fights anybody these 3 fighters are the biggest names in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                I think a lot of people are pissed that Floyd looked so dominate. I think a lot of people where banking on him losing a step etc.

Boy were they wrong. Haters going to hate but they know Floyd looked better than ever. Lets hope Pac does not struggle with a LW at WW... we do not want any excuses.

As for Cotto vs Margarito, I'm not buying that shyt either. I'll watch it but I'm not paying for it. I won't be surprised if Cotto gets punched in the face and smiles just like Mosley did after being hit yet didn't have a busted face... Weird that Mosley was getting hit and his face wasn't bloody or busted.
                Was it Floyd eating left hand leads or being pinned in the corners and roughed up that made him look dominant?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrog View Post
                  Was it Floyd eating left hand leads or being pinned in the corners and roughed up that made him look dominant?
                  Lol why stop there, why not go ahead and say ortiz was winning the fight, you know you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Lol why stop there, why not go ahead and say ortiz was winning the fight, you know you want to.
                    I didn't say Ortiz was winning smart guy. I said Mayweather wasn't dominating. If you couldn't see it that's your problem, but Mayweathers head was snapping back with sweat flying off of it fairly regularly and it wasn't because Mayweather was moving so fast the sweat was flying believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X