No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Gives His Take on Mayweather-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
    the real problem here is race, not in a sense you all hate blacks but you all hate blacks who talk back, rebel, retaliate, who dont put up with nonsense, who has opinions that you might disagree with, and see themselfs as something other than a simple minded slave that will accept anything, and will boast about it... those privlages are only given to the white man! he can do it all he wants! he can retaliate by bombing you, airing you out on national tv, he will kill you and televise it, he wont forgive you, hes ****y, he tells you how mighty he is, and goes around the world forcing his policies philosophies and religions on all nations... but like i said when a person of color ever displays these same actions its the worst thing going but nobody dies lol... red Ks accepted
    i really don't think it's mainly a racial issue with floyd. . . sure, it definitely doesn't HELP him that he's young, black, and rich, and that is an issue with some people - but Floyd brings most of his problems on himself by the behavior he exhibits. . . A lot of his hateful comments have no basis, and he gets all defensive for NO REASON. . . Most countries do not like their sporting icons to behave in such a brash, arrogant manner. . . America likes some swag, and ****iness - for example, OCHO CINCO! He's funny as hell, ****y, but he doesn't really do anything to piss people off. . . He knows where to draw the line. EVERYBODY LOVES HIM!

That being said, I'm not a big floyd fan, but I am on his side with dishing out justice to Ortiz. . . Just desserts, or as Jeff Mayweather said - poetic justice.

Comment

Amazing!!! I just watched it again in slow mo. It was Floyd who initiated the hug after Cortez gave the signal to box.

Watch it!!!

Ortiz only extended his arms to touch gloves. Floyd gestured to get close and hug and the naive Ortiz ******ly agreed.

Man that's EVIL. Low class. Low low class.

Comment

Ref said stop punching in Gatti/Mayweather

In the Mayweather/Gatti fight the ref did say 'stop punching'. Mayweather was holding Gatti's head down and then punched him in the face, the ref then said stop punching but Mayweather continued, Gatti then looked at the ref like 'WTF' and then Mayweather jumps in and punched him knocking him into the ropes.

This is all very clear.

The whole 'protect yourself at all times' is rather annoying. Yes when the time is in protect yourself, if the ref calls a break or says stop you should not need to protect yourself because the ref has said stop the action. Otherwise you will be protecting yourself all the time, in the corner between rounds, on the way in, on the way out etc.

While Mayweather was not totally in the wrong as time 'sort of' was in, I do think it was a cheap shot as Ortiz barely had a chance to put his guard up coz as soon as the hug finished mayweather clocked him, and the ref was not even paying attention. I just wish mayweather did not do that as I thought he was putting on a masterful performance and made Ortiz look like an amature.

Comment

Originally posted by maddox22 View Post
          Amazing!!! I just watched it again in slow mo. It was Floyd who initiated the hug after Cortez gave the signal to box.

Watch it!!!

Ortiz only extended his arms to touch gloves. Floyd gestured to get close and hug and the naive Ortiz ******ly agreed.

Man that's EVIL. Low class. Low low class.
          did he motion for a hug or did he motion to "come on" lets get back to it

Comment

The author summed it all up when he said Floyd is a "win at any cost" kind of guy.

Comment

All those who keep saying they watched in slow motion need to look again. Ortiz wanted to hug & touch'em up they did. After that he should have protected himself!!! It's Boxing, not dancing with the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                grow up kid, this is a professional sport not some wwe crap. so your saying if i accidently low blow u or if u slip or something i shouldnt wait for u and i should just continue to drop bombs on u? whats worst about what floyd did is his fans tring to defend it. everyone know that was a dirty move by floyd whether ortiz started first or not floyd should have handle it like a real champion. why would u want to throw a cheap shot at your opponent knowing that he wasnt ready? are u that desperate to win? is that your only way to win??
                The two scenarios are different. With this fight, you had a guy purposely and illegally headbutt another fighter. What was he expecting after that?? For him to get treated cleanly? Once again, you're telling one fighter to act clean for another's dirty acts. Lets let this **** make sense. **** that totally blows my mind with you is that you show sympathy for the guy who illegally initiated the whole thing, and show hate for the guy who legally retaliated. You can talk about the whole apology all you want, but as far as I'm concerned, its not up to you or Victor or even the ref to decide if that apology should be accepted or not. It's up to Floyd. And he chose not to accept it. We can't judge him on that or say anything. That's his choice and no one else. Floyd should have handled it like a champion? To my understanding, Ortiz was the one who came in as the champion that night.

And you're right. This is a professional sport. Ortiz acted unprofessionally in two ways. One, that headbutt was unprofessional. Two, he didn't protect himself.

But even with that said, at the end of the day, you and all the other haters are talking about class in world like boxing. Can you see the irony in that? Class? Boxing? Come on, dude. Let's be normal here.

And to answer the bolded question in your post, "Why would you want to throw a cheap shot at your opponent who wasn't ready?" The answer is simple. Because Victor threw a cheap shot at him first. Unfortunately in baseball, if the pitcher purposely throws a ball at the batter, the batter cannot run up to the pitcher and punch him in the face. Fortunately...this is boxing.
                Last edited by The_Sandman; 09-20-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                  the real problem here is race, not in a sense you all hate blacks but you all hate blacks who talk back, rebel, retaliate, who dont put up with nonsense, who has opinions that you might disagree with, and see themselfs as something other than a simple minded slave that will accept anything, and will boast about it... those privlages are only given to the white man! he can do it all he wants! he can retaliate by bombing you, airing you out on national tv, he will kill you and televise it, he wont forgive you, hes ****y, he tells you how mighty he is, and goes around the world forcing his policies philosophies and religions on all nations... but like i said when a person of color ever displays these same actions its the worst thing going but nobody dies lol... red Ks accepted
                  Amen!! This is the utmost truth right here that you will no doubt be red k for. This is the proverbial elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. Racism-that's what it is.

Comment

I totally agree bro - Ortiz was looking for a way out.

Comment

what do morals have to do with boxing. boxing is a combat sport and anything goes within he rules. it is never a fighters responsibility to protect the other fighter, if he wants to kiss and hug, then he deserves to get punished. the referee says, box you fight, period. these writers are freakin idiots, talking about morals in boxing. i'm a fromer fighter and if he would have headbutted me, he would have gotten one back. but perfect revenge is a k.o. which was "legal". these writers who have never been in the ring have no right to judge fighters behavior during "war"; boxing is a life and death struggle. I have seen guys die in the amatuers and gyms; we they say protect yourself at all times, that's what you do. as a fighter, you have a moral responsibilty to put the other fighter on his ass !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X