Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Gives His Take on Mayweather-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i honestly think even if ortiz had been given 5 minutes to recover (would have been wrong); he wouldn't have been able to recover sufficiently. . . minutes after the fight, when floyd went over to talk to him, he tried to stand up from his stool and his legs fell out from underneath him. . . that straight right was PIN POINT! lets just hope ortiz can put this behind him and continue - still a lot of great fights for him and he can still have a great career.

Comment

It was a legal punch. But did Floyd really needed to do that?

Was it because of fear of Ortiz getting lucky with a clean shot in the coming rounds?

Was it revenge?

Floyd acted like he too wanted to hug/embrace. I've watched it several times. He nodded to Ortiz and gestured for an embrace but only to sneak in his cheap shots a second after.

I think Floyd did it because in a millisecond he saw a quick way to win or, if not, to gain his revenge. I understand Floyd didn't underestimate Ortiz as a threat. He found a quick way to overcome the threat.

For me, I wouldn't feel satisfied with my win if I hit a guy who wasn't ready - legal or illegal. It would make me feel like I didn't face the real challenge and I took the alternative to win without facing that challenge.

Floyd may have won the first four rounds but we can only infer and guess how the fight could have went on had that incident not happen because Floyd, in our eyes, did not overcome the real challenge last Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
        the real problem here is race, not in a sense you all hate blacks but you all hate blacks who talk back, rebel, retaliate, who dont put up with nonsense, who has opinions that you might disagree with, and see themselfs as something other than a simple minded slave that will accept anything, and will boast about it... those privlages are only given to the white man! he can do it all he wants! he can retaliate by bombing you, airing you out on national tv, he will kill you and televise it, he wont forgive you, hes cocky, he tells you how mighty he is, and goes around the world forcing his policies philosophies and religions on all nations... but like i said when a person of color ever displays these same actions its the worst thing going but nobody dies lol... red Ks accepted
        LOL...race has absolutly no issue here...thats just obsurd

Comment

Let the Boxing Sportswriters and Journalist decides on what award they gonna give to that Fight at Years end!

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            i honestly think even if ortiz had been given 5 minutes to recover (would have been wrong); he wouldn't have been able to recover sufficiently. . . minutes after the fight, when floyd went over to talk to him, he tried to stand up from his stool and his legs fell out from underneath him. . . that straight right was PIN POINT! lets just hope ortiz can put this behind him and continue - still a lot of great fights for him and he can still have a great career.
            I've watched it several times. It wasn't Floyd's punch that really hurt Ortiz. It was Ortiz's head banging so hard on the canvas as result of his straight fall on his back and his heavy weight. That fall was caused by his squared feet and unbent legs because of his 'unpreparedness'.

Although it's undeniable Floyd has one of the best straight right in the business. That right is coming from his center and in a perfectly straight line. Similar principles with Karate and Wing Chun. Power comes from the center.

If I was a boxer I would train to position my right hand the same way with Floyd Mayweather.
            Last edited by maddox22; 09-20-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
              the real problem here is race

Comment

Originally posted by maddox22 View Post
                I've watched it several times. It wasn't Floyd's punch that really hurt Ortiz. It was Ortiz's head banging so hard on the canvas as result of his straight fall on his back and his heavy weight. That fall was caused by his squared feet and unbent legs because of his 'unpreparedness'.
                Mayb Ortiz was still dizzy from all the headbutting he did...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  "Mayweather should have waited for Victor to put his hands up first."

Man get the **** out of here. Like I said before, no fighter should have to wait for the other fighter to be ready. Its the big leagues now. If you're opponent is not ready, the ref is not ready, but you're ready, then guess what? Those two are in the wrong. You're the only one in the ring doing the right thing. The **** kind of world are we living in here? Wait til the other guy puts his hands up. Lol, you've got to be ****ting me.
                  grow up kid, this is a professional sport not some wwe crap. so your saying if i accidently low blow u or if u slip or something i shouldnt wait for u and i should just continue to drop bombs on u? whats worst about what floyd did is his fans tring to defend it. everyone know that was a dirty move by floyd whether ortiz started first or not floyd should have handle it like a real champion. why would u want to throw a cheap shot at your opponent knowing that he wasnt ready? are u that desperate to win? is that your only way to win??

Comment

Originally posted by maddox22 View Post
                    very true. . . very good point. . .

Comment

LOL... The writer knows nothing about boxing. Otherwise he would not have interviewed Holyfield asking him what he thinks about fouling. Did he ever watch him fight? Doesn't look like it... "as a fighter who has been fouled repatedly"... Too bad Saddler and Greb are not alive or he could have asked them too...

Comment

Working...
                      X