Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly i just rewatched the fight and i am pissed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
    Im deffinately no fanboy. The fact that Ortiz headbutted should tell you everything. FRUSTRATED fighters do that. Despite if he landed a shot here and there, The man jumped in the air to hit the guy with his head. I though Cintrons (k-Frog) jump through the ropes was tough to beat but Ortiz might have taken the prize.
    Saying he was frustrated is jumping to conclusions. We don't know what he was thinking... he didn't try and butt Maidana, and must of been much more frustrated in that fight.

I personally think he was throwing his head around in response to Floyd's forearm to the throat tactic and constant grabbing.

I am not saying it is right, in fact I think Ortiz should face a suspension, but that's just my speculation. but it is just speculation, just like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
      Joey, if "Numbers" mean something to you then why don't you look at the stats? Ortiz were no where near having Floyd "on his ass".

So, having "trapped" your opponent on the ropes, throwing 20 punches and only landing 2-3 shots is now classified as "being dominating"?

Floyd had the 4th round sealed. Ortiz tried to steal the round in the remaining 20 seconds. Up to that point, it was all Mayweather.

Anyway, if Ortiz felt he was coming through, then why try to blatantly assault his opponent with his head? Frustration. Pure frustration that he couldn't land anything.
      I definitely am not gonna use data I did not collect myself. Stats are very misleading if not studied correctly.

Trapping your opponent on the rope and wailing on his body and head... yeah way more dominating that an occasional pot shot right hand that Ortiz just walked right thru. Floyd couldn't hurt Ortiz while Ortiz was defending himself.

Clearly Roger was telling Floyd to walk Ortiz down. If your back is to the ropes, that tells you that Ortiz was preventing Floyd from executing his game plan. That is called ring generalship. Ortiz was just warming up. the fight was far from over.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyNumbers View Post
        I definitely am not gonna use data I did not collect myself. Stats are very misleading if not studied correctly.

Trapping your opponent on the rope and wailing on his body and head... yeah way more dominating that an occasional pot shot right hand that Ortiz just walked right thru. Floyd couldn't hurt Ortiz while Ortiz was defending himself.

Clearly Roger was telling Floyd to walk Ortiz down. If your back is to the ropes, that tells you that Ortiz was preventing Floyd from executing his game plan. That is called ring generalship. Ortiz was just warming up. the fight was far from over.
        I don't need to bring up theories to tell you that Ortiz was frustrated. Him denying it ever occurred should tell you straight away. The look on his face after the incident should tell you everything. He was frustrated because he could not get to Mayweather. There were no elbows envolved, nor clinching when that happened. Only thing you say was Floyd having his back on the ropes, defending, rolling off the punches and smiling at him when he missed those big haymakers and then "BAM!", Ortiz rammed his head up in Floyd's mouth.

I want to know how YOU define "ring generalship".

Floyd forced Ortiz to adopt a style of boxing at which he is not particularly skillful at. Floyd neutralized Ortiz' method of attack, like he normally does to his opponents, hence the statistics. Ortiz had single digits in landing punches. Mayweather coped with Ortiz' attacks and he made Ortiz pay for his mistakes by countering him and out landing him with straight right hands.

That is ring generalship.

Now, Ortiz had Mayweather leaning on the ropes for 20 seconds total in round 4. Mayweather had Ortiz in the center the rest of the time. Again, that's ring generalship. Floyd had Ortiz hurt two times with an uppercut and afterwards a body shot that made Ortiz clinch momentarily. Ortiz right was swelling in round 3 and 4 due to precision right hands.

If you don't believe the data that numerous professional sources have gathered and made public, then why don't you watch the fight again and re-collect data yourself? Oh, and yes, even potshots count as punches.

Ortiz warming up? I don't believe so.
        Last edited by Main Source; 09-20-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
          Floyd knew that if it went into the later rounds that he would not make it.

Floyd's legs is gone. Floyd knew it. And so Floyd cheated early in the fight.
          As*shole go and jump off a bridge.
          What fight were you watching?
          If Ortiz's legs were gone why did he need a headbutt?
          Did you see Ortiz was starting to bust up and his eyes were closing?
          Wish your dad had never raped your mother

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            As*shole go and jump off a bridge.
            What fight were you watching?
            If Ortiz's legs were gone why did he need a headbutt?
            Did you see Ortiz was starting to bust up and his eyes were closing?
            Wish your dad had never raped your mother
            Lol ... i dont know what kind of fight ppl saw, just because ortiz had like 2 good but still ineffective flurries they think it was competitive hahaha

seriously if u think ortiz was doing ok, rewatch the fight a couple of times, Floyd was boxing like a genious.

Please for the sake of boxing let Manny vs Floyd happen i cant wait for this fight for the record I dont know who will win, but i favor Floyd. But as most ppl, i would LOVE to see him in a bloody war.

Comment

Working...
            X